Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22881
Awards :

PostSubject: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Sun 21 Nov - 20:55

Meaning: Since most Games give from 500 to 1000 xp per Session (Last stand gives around 1650XP) Its easy for beginners to collect lots of xp without learning something.

Everyone must have had at least one "ranked" newb in his game once. Someone with more then 5k or 10k XP, who walks around asking the same questions as recruits with 0 XP and dont really play the game and do missions, but stroll around and let other do the work.
What do you think? Do we need to change the required XP per Rank? Reduce XP Gained per session? Or is everything OK in your opinion?

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 24041
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Sun 21 Nov - 20:59

Idk, just something has to be done with these players. They refuse to learn. Their belligerence is driving me crazy.

EDIT: In games like UA2, NOTD and other missions they're forced to do missions or they die.
In RC601 they can free-roam and just die, collect xp and not even make it past ch1 or 2.
Claim they know everything, then use high ranked classes and end up nubishly killing everyone and themselves.

EDIT2: (I edit too much sry) And then there's the ones who don't know how to play and walk into explosions. We complete the game with nerfed 15/30% xp gain and they get full for being the one DYING and getting carried. Please can we come up with something?
Back to top Go down
littlekel
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 3055

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Sun 21 Nov - 22:51

Well i don't think there is anything we can really do about them. When I'm playing as a TC, i have had a 10k-xp person walk straight into my artillery barrage before. The guy stood in the blast area for 6 seconds, then he died.

I think the exp gain right now is fine, i just wish people would learn something once in awhile. My only thought as to why this person would stand in it; Is that he thought it was a orbital strike, even though there wasn't a ML.
Back to top Go down
xxxlord
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Activity Points : 5202
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Mon 22 Nov - 1:01

The exp gain is fine the only thing we can do is make the game more unforgiving on nightmare and normal I.E. make it a tad harder so they actually have to do things etc. And for the love of god get the pathing system fixed so zombies go after everyone instead of massing in the middle this way the noobs actually have to fend for them selves if they go out on there own and have to kill more zombies.

So my key points are this

Make zombies have less health but give them more damage I.E. zombies are faster to kill but you cannot run through a mob of them and still live with half health.

Make missions more squad based and harder so squad has to rally together to win.

These 2 points were NOTD:AM's curse and blessing unfortunately the problem with doing it this way is we will loose players because it becomes to hard for noobs thats why NOTD:AM died. it was not noob friendly in the least so we are at a impass either A. we do what i suggested above and loose some players or B. we carry the noobs and let them get exp and then instead of bitching about it we talk to them and say hey listen man you need to do this etc. it worked kind of liebherr after me and vV_0 told him he started listening a little more and trying harder. So in my opinion i would prefer NOTD:AM's unforgiving side of how it damages but if we cannot do that then leave it as is. (This is speaking from a LT General in NOTD:AM as i am one nightmare gun from full general. it takes a lot longer to gain rank in NOTD:AM then it does in RC601 cause of how hard it is sometimes.)

Back to top Go down
littlekel
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 3055

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Mon 22 Nov - 3:26

I try to help noobs as much as i can. Although i dislike ML so i go HS.

But no matter how much i try to help them and get them to do something they just fail to listen. Then when they die they rage and flame, and quit! Of course i take the blame for not helping them, i guess going the farthest distance away from the mission is how i should help some of the new players, since that is where they are.

On the other hand i do get some helpful, smart, friendly new players. They do help and listen, with these people, they usually die by nexus if they die at all.

I doubt there is anything we can really do. It just depends on the person.
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36725
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Fri 26 Nov - 19:28

seeing every new guy shooting each other in a epic gunfight while im trying to kill zombs makes me laugh and leave instantly... just a nice example of the ''learning part'' of people.

ow and 1 thing, EVERY online game has its retards and ''kids'' (people who did not learn english (yet) and cant understand you) so just live with it or make a map and play with computers lol!

Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Fri 26 Nov - 20:52

wizzitje wrote:
seeing every new guy shooting each other in a epic gunfight while im trying to kill zombs makes me laugh and leave instantly... just a nice example of the ''learning part'' of people.

ow and 1 thing, EVERY online game has its retards and ''kids'' (people who did not learn english (yet) and cant understand you) so just live with it or make a map and play with computers lol!

^--unrelated

This is more about people getting xp without learning what the game is about or even how to do missions.

We have players who are asking questions which they should have learned more than 10k experience ago. Why do they not know?

I feel that we are helping them far too much. I have given a visual experimentation to Null_Signature and Gamefreak-.

Players must be forced into situations where being 'useful' applies to them.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Fri 26 Nov - 22:17

There's also the point that some players (2k-10k) behave like total noobtards, meaning that they dont care about the mission and just go looking for crates.

Even though there's a UAV in the game who told them to concentrate on missions since the UAV carries the crates to them.
And they obviously dont care about the others: there was a game today where 5 players (4+Me as UAV) barely got past chapter 1 because 2 were wandering around looting crates, 1 was a normal recruit (First time playing and didnt speak english very well) and the 4th player was forced to do 2 things at once since the UAV has no real firepower beside the explosives he picks up.
The result was that player 4 and I pinged and messaged for help and were ignored. Player 3 at least tried to help, but 1+2 didnt even answer or react in any way.
Then player 2+3 died, I had to escapde with like 20 hp and only THEN did one of the 2 looters allow himself to appear. To die instantly because of 3 evos and 1 project.
I managed to finish the chapter by satchel suicide and joined the next game. -.-

Do you think there should be something like a temporary "field promotion"?
Admins/High-Ranking players could give 1 player (whos at least 2 Ranks lower) a temporary +1 rank.
The "Promoted" Player gets no boni from this, it just gives them the HP/Movespeed/Regen-Boni they'd have if they were a rank higher.

It wouldnt be permanent, its just something an admin could use to reward a very good/helping player.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Fri 26 Nov - 22:57

I'm not sure about 'rewarding', then it's just admins/highxpguys buffing players.

We need a debuff for sure though. Rewarding helpful players isn't what this is about, it's about finding a way to solve the unhelpful ones.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Sat 27 Nov - 14:21

Then how about limiting the promotion to 1 player?
And how do you "degrade" a recruit?

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Sat 27 Nov - 14:38

Idk man, I just don't think there should be 'rewarding' for someone doing what they're already supposed to be doing.

Now going about slapping someone in the face for dicking off is what we need to think about.
Back to top Go down
xxxlord
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Activity Points : 5202
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Sat 27 Nov - 14:40

i've suggest a slap command to pach before i want it lulz we senior admins I.E. pach,warlock,namo,me,vV,omega,gamefreak should have an ability in the map to type -slap (color) lulz just saying.
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Activity Points : 31196

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Sat 27 Nov - 16:04

Just to point a fun thing.

In June/July/September, you all asked the experience to be easier to get.
I was against this. I wanted the game to last a lot (8-12 months).
Finally, I made XP a bit easier to earn.

And now :O
Since you all guys are high ranked, you all want Experience harder to get Wink

You are jealous?

:p

Do not worry, I will add more things for ranked players (probably not heroes).

Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Sat 27 Nov - 16:23

I've been against easy xp since 300bt :S

and the main point was, there's people getting high rank codes for just existing in the game. Killing themselves off in Ch1 and getting full game xp, people dicking around with their 'collect items', and even some idiots just camping a hill or something. It's really annoying Sad

Last edited by vV_O on Sat 27 Nov - 16:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Activity Points : 31196

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Sat 27 Nov - 16:27

vV_O wrote:
I've been against easy xp since 300bt :S

I remember. But not most of the members want easy Xp during the first month.

Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Sat 27 Nov - 16:45

Probably because back then there was no Last Stand Mode Wink...

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
nqp
Sergeant
Sergeant

Activity Points : 3680
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Mon 29 Nov - 17:07

well ill say also something about this topic

same as i do in notd 3 i try to teach and show "newbs" how to play and how to act on this map

first point
how they will learn where they should stay if they just type -tl and see all "ranked pro's" are walking over the map insteat of walking to the mission point
you cant expect that they will go the the mission and just shoot some zombies when they got the chance to find some items
they wont do it.. unless they will get also exp when 1-2 skilled guys know what to do and do the mission

second
okay.. some player never answer but most are keen to learn (also if its not show off right now)
but i only see 2-3 guys which tell these guys what to do.. (thx vV_0 Razz)
most just hunt for crit and other items over the map and fail 4-5 missions a game

1 problem on the map is
that you gain exp also if you just die or afk and just stay in the game
so maybe you can change it that you just get 50% exp while youre dead from missions (also because kills dont bring much exp)

need to go now i hope you understand everything
cu in 1 hour ingame
regards

edit
also to say something about me .. till i got 20k exp i dont even know where missions at and just hanging around or run for equipment.. so we need guys which explain more^^
Back to top Go down
nex_
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 8177

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Thu 30 Dec - 18:23

Rolling Eyes

same problem on notd-am

a correct balance :
1k5 xp win per perfect game

100k = most of class unlocked

250k = most of special officer reward unlocked

500k = funny reinforcement unlocked (maybe switch 250/500) for a micro game

Basically you should only load the BIG XP code with a lot of good player so it doesnt make the game fucking shit impossible for the new pvt who has only a gun and must find hopelessly grenades Wink

so load a medium code for medals for example and hope for good game when you're playing with unknown or new player, don't make it unpossible for them or unfunny too if you do it all with the 10 mini u got so they have nothing to do ..

Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   Thu 30 Dec - 22:21

Problem with this, man.

Say Warlock and I were to load our lower codes. How would we ever get to the next ranks?

I understand it's a courtesy, but what's the point in us playing if we cannot better our own rank?

It doesn't stop at 500k

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?   

Back to top Go down

Is it too easy to mass XP for noobs?
Page 1 of 1