Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22490
Awards :

PostSubject: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Mon 19 Sep - 18:00

Like the Topic said: Why do you continue playing a Map after reaching the end? What do you want from a Map to continue playing?

In this specific case: "What do you expect from a Map like RC601?" Very high Ranks do not cut it, since people will take way too long to reach them and turn to cheating. But lowering the "max rank" will cause many people to stop playing the map after reching it. It looks like there is NO right way, so I wanted to ask what the community thinks. If you do not want to answer that's ok...

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4712
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Mon 19 Sep - 18:18

currently im playing cause i got alot new heroes Wink after that i guess i will play another game (maybe another zombie map) and later come back play some games, play another game - back and repeat

(lots of people dont even reached the end aka no new classes unlocked)
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Activity Points : 25231
Awards : .

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Mon 19 Sep - 18:23

I don't care about the exp, if thegame still holds something new into it, like the updates of RC601. As long as it doesn't get too repitive I am in.

My watch only ends when it all ends. I've been here since a long time and I'll be here till the end.
Back to top Go down
oufty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2485

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Tue 20 Sep - 0:43

even in Notd-am there is no real end to the game even if it can be repetitive in some pt of view (as for all games ?)

& having a map who scale the difficulty on ranks makes it a good challenge too (if it's a good map like notdam !!!)

maybe in 10 years I will still try to play that game & map, I'm also using DosBox to play very old games too ! (like 'Centurio Defender of Rome', with DosBox u have the sound !)

& why do I continue playing a game who is dead or gonna be surely dead ? because I like it !
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23650
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Tue 20 Sep - 1:31

New classes, but very high ranks (which extend beyond the standards of a regular player) which unlock other things.
Such as:
-Dmg
-Ability Variables (this includes an officer book etc)
-Something that allows you to help out newbies/baddies so it's not self focused
-An addition which acknowledges your efforts in reaching such high levels (For a very good example: Headquarters bonus in RC)

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Ssuul
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 3361
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Wed 5 Oct - 3:51

... at start i ve seen a funny teamplay guess (vVasGen and MrXasFR) and the map looks interresssting.

... huge save load newclasses manynewthings coollooking ... ... Suspect

... the classes makes it funny Suspect

... ok i run 4 exp some time but soon i dislike ... Suspect

... 1mil ways 4 killling zeds was sooo cool (and i find ever game new ways...)... Suspect

... i loved the new versions, sooo many changed, but still same game and the suggs was soo cool ((b4 jk2 leave the game)someday suggs/versions was soo ....s) we develop the game (that was the best baby) affraid

, but the main are the PLAYERZ(nqp,dota,jeri,monkeh,vv,wassd and 100 more) and the game itself. affraid

i just love this shit.... affraid
Back to top Go down
wasdd
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2716

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Wed 5 Oct - 17:41

Nonono its wasdd not wassd the next to say it will be assasinated during his sleep
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Activity Points : 25231
Awards : .

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Wed 5 Oct - 18:14

Wassd. Love & Tolerance.

My watch only ends when it all ends. I've been here since a long time and I'll be here till the end.
Back to top Go down
wasdd
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2716

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Wed 5 Oct - 20:13

But if you write it with double S and one W my name isnt magix D:
Back to top Go down
Nova
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Activity Points : 2963

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Mon 10 Oct - 18:24

It's not AOS.
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23650
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Mon 10 Oct - 20:11

wasdd wrote:
Nonono its wasdd not wassd the next to say it will be assasinated during his sleep
w-a-s-s-d?

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
nqp
Sergeant
Sergeant

Activity Points : 3289
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Mon 17 Oct - 1:48

well.. ill stop playing rc soon..
its just useless to rank/exp more.. since zombies just freak out (damage, stunlock, etc)
and some other things on that map just annoying me to bad

in earlier versions the game was pritty nice.. but things like the lich endmissing stole my favor for that map

i continue playing course i like to get better/smarter in such critical situations
also i like to rank and be the best. and the part that me and ssuul are a good team fits my addiction Smile
Smile

and its wadds Smile
Back to top Go down
Null_Signature
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 2819
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   Mon 17 Oct - 7:01

For me its playing with other people who usually play it semi-seriously, and yet at the same time can laugh off stupid mistakes.

Having bonuses for going stupidly high exp are nice too, but only if they don't make it a snooze-fest.

...and I thought it was his name was spelled 'dawds' Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"   

Back to top Go down

Research: "Why do you continue playing a Map?"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1