Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Sky Tear and its ground attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
edin116
Private

Activity Points : 2326

PostSubject: Sky Tear and its ground attack   Sun 11 Sep - 2:08

I have noticed that sky tear's gun is unrealistic to the vehicle type.

SUGGESTION: Sky Tear's Machine Gun attack be able to attack ground units while stationary as well as air units

REASONING:To start out, Sky Tear appears to be a Self-Propelled anti-air vehicle Hybrid (its a a cross between a Medium and a Heavy Anti-Air vehicle)
to show the contrast between a medium and a heavy Self-Propelled anti-air vehicles I will list their differences and similarities:

Self-Propelled Heavy AA Vehicle:

-Uses heat seeking/radar guided missiles to take down air units
-Its missile attacks can be evaded with counter measure(s)
-Long range
-Can't attack ground units

Both:

-Move quickly
-Are meant to take out aircraft
-Are both rotating turrets on a vehicle that rotate VERY FAST (if they didn't they would not be able to lock on to low flying aircraft, which they can)

Self-Propelled Medium AA Vehicle:

-Short ranged
-All use rounds (bullet with shell casing filled with gunpowder if you're wondering) instead of missiles
-Rounds are usually .50 Browning Machine Gun (also know as the "fifty cal") or higher in caliber (the size of the round)
-CAN ENGAGE GROUND UNITS WITH ITS AA GUNS
-Can switch from maximum angle to level elevation or lower in less than 1 second to engage targets such as, but not limited to: Tanks (light to medium), APCs (Armored Personnel Carrier), Other light skinned Vehicles, infantry, and other ground units.

Stuff that is Unrealistic:

1: sky tear shoots a ground unit with an explosive attack every 4-5 seconds but that attack has no splash
2: sky tear has a machine gun that only attacks air but not ground
3: sky tear's missiles are EXTREMELY short ranged (don't bother with this though because it would make it extremely OP if it was realistic)
4: no Self-Propelled Anti-Air vehicle designer (for real life combat)would be "caught dead"putting Machine Gun(s) on it without them being able to to engage ground units (if they did the design would NOT have been ever considered because then the vehicle cant defend itself)

I would like to thank all those who read this post and those who consider my suggestion and all other people who just stop by.
Thank you for your Time Ladies and Gentlemen.
-sincerely Edin116 @ Azeroth and Northrend
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Activity Points : 25140
Awards : .

PostSubject: Re: Sky Tear and its ground attack   Sun 11 Sep - 13:56

Zombie: Very realistic. Therefore, "realistic or not" is no point to hold the entire post to. Besides of that, real AA-vehicles are supposed to take down planes and choppers and stuff, and not ravens and gargoyles, no?

My watch only ends when it all ends. I've been here since a long time and I'll be here till the end.
Back to top Go down
edin116
Private

PostSubject: Re: Sky Tear and its ground attack   Sun 11 Sep - 16:05

Dark_Warlock wrote:
Zombie: Very realistic. Therefore, "realistic or not" is no point to hold the entire post to. Besides of that, real AA-vehicles are supposed to take down planes and choppers and stuff, and not ravens and gargoyles, no?

actually they can be used to take down almost anything that is in the air, the point is though that AA vehicles that use guns to take down flying units can lower them to attack ground units faster than 1.5 seconds. And since the sky tear is already engaging VERY low flying enemies it should take around less than 1 second for it to attack ground.

oh, and 1 more thing, what is the current ground attack (I really don't know)? i have no idea on what it is other than an explosive attack with no spalsh

Last edited by edin116 on Sun 11 Sep - 16:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostSubject: Re: Sky Tear and its ground attack   Sun 11 Sep - 16:08

So, obviously Sky Tear CAN'T attack ground with its machien guns. Obviously it is that explosive ground attack without Splash.

I don't see your problem with that.

My watch only ends when it all ends. I've been here since a long time and I'll be here till the end.
Back to top Go down
edin116
Private

PostSubject: Re: Sky Tear and its ground attack   Sun 11 Sep - 16:26

Dark_Warlock wrote:
So, obviously Sky Tear CAN'T attack ground with its machien guns. Obviously it is that explosive ground attack without Splash.

I don't see your problem with that.

who the *censored* fires an explosive instead of a machine gun at infantry (in this case zombies) if the explosive attack has no splash.

the machine gun can be easily fixed in like 30 seconds-2 minutes by going into sky tear's object editor's page and clicking the "Target Types" for the machine gun attack and clicking "ground"
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostSubject: Re: Sky Tear and its ground attack   Sun 11 Sep - 16:29

Nope, it can't. It will take a heavy load of time to load the entire map. RC601 isn't a small map. So, accept the Sky Tear like it is.

It is the counterpart to the Goliath. Goliath -> strong vs ground, weak vs air. So why not have it turned around? There are missions like Aviary and stuff.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky Tear and its ground attack   

Back to top Go down

Sky Tear and its ground attack
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1