Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Force Reconnaissance+Item List

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WedgeAntilles
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 8557
Awards :

PostSubject: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Wed 20 Jul - 18:27

Introduction

(Variable values like Damage based on Capt 11 medals and Nvg on, they may turn out lower or higher for you depending on rank and medals)

Range: 1500
Damagetype: Piercing
Base Damage: 58-88
Base HP: 359
Base Armour: 2
Base Mana: 230
Sight (Day): 1400
Sight (Night): 1250
Additional weapons: Colt M1911
Skills: Critical Strike, Flare, RAVEN, Reconnaissance
Special: Terrain Map unlocked and Zulu Hitpoints reduced by 2% when Force Recon present, Camouflage, Level up when Caves/Spores clear,

The Force Recon excels in scouting, finding supplies and surveillance in desired areas. Featuring a moderate range of 1500 with damage values above rifleman, the FR can take down small/medium threats from a safe distance with the added security of Colt for high DPS in cases of emergency (Gargoyles). Camouflage gives you a relative ability to stay hidden, but you should never solely rely on that. Don’t walk right through zombies that can’t detect you, there is always the danger of A Class zombie with true sight crossing your way or accidently breaking Camouflage effect by doing a wrong move.

Skills

Critical Strike

You don’t want to take this skill early on because of Game Mechanics and especially not as FR since you have more important skills to level and will be spending time searching for items, where you don’t want to do excessive shooting anyway. Take it later in the game, when you have gained a set of the more important skills.

Flare

Basically it does 2 things: Revealing the target area and slowing all hostile units that are caught in the light, for a 40% effect. It is very useful to max this early, because you will greatly profit from the lower Mana cost and cooldown. You can use it to scout, spot and slow. Since it is so versatile you will find a use for this ability in most situations.

Duration: 15 seconds
Radius: 1100

LevelRange Manacost Cooldown
1 300060 50
2 3500 50 40
3 4000 40 30
4 4500 30 20
5 5000 20 10

Raven

This system grants you several abilities that help you in combat directly or indirectly.

Level 1: Raven Surveillance

A Class hostiles are shown as orange pings every 10 seconds up to 5k range. This allows you to track and find spores as well as other nasty things better than any other class. It is especially useful during Convoy Mission to have a free early warning of gargoyles and mutated dogs, ranging from stalker to Etaphreven (or Eris).

Level 2: Raven Sentry

Allows you to place a Sentry at a tree that gives permanent vision in a 700 AoE around the designated tree. The skill alone has very limited use, hence under normal circumstances only you will receive a bonus from this skill. However there is a way to make this skill useful to the whole team: A combat engineer placing his Communications array leads to shared vision, which of course also applies to any vision granting abilities that a marine uses. Place these ahead of your camping location to provide a free permanent sight extension, for your long range fighters and Forward Observer to place tactical strikes in advance. Another use is to place some of them near Ravenholm so you can spot targets more easily in case you get Lost Cause. The cooldown is quite long so make sure you make good use of them.

Mana Cost: 10
Cooldown: 260

Level 3-5: Raven Mines

Raven Mines are movable explosives, that can be triggered via manual or victim caused detonation. However in most cases none of these options is necessary, as every hostile units will try to attack these (they explode upon destruction). Just move them next to a tight pack of enemies and watch them blow up themselves. Especially efficient during airfield mission, since there are a lot of crowded mobs. If used frequently the drop on mana will become noticeable, so it’s golden to have a CE with high nano and 1 or more ecells. The duration of the mines is 2/3 minutes, so you can “produce” them in advance and direct them to targets accordingly. 1 mine at Level 3/4, 2 mines at Level 5. This handy tool can really help in racking up kills if needed/wanted. 3750 damage in a radius of 250.

Mana Cost: 40

Level Duration in minutes Cooldown in seconds
32 45
4 230
5 3 15

Reconnaissance

Level 1 Laser Designator

Provides you with camouflage and Laser Designator, 2 very important skills. Take the first Level ASAP. Further levels improve the time it takes to change into camouflage mode and grant you skills that enhance scouting operations. It takes 8 seconds to turn invisible. For each further level time is reduced by 1 second (4 on max level).

Mana Cost: 15
Cooldown: 20
Range: 3500

Level 2 Broadcast Beacons - Medical

Pings all Medical Supplies in the nearby area. Useful when the team is low on medical items.

Mana Cost: 25
Cooldown: 15

Level 3 Laser Sight

Grants you true sight with a range of 1500. Not that important if there is a FO ingame, but a useful add-on to have clear vision before Perimeter Intelligence is up and unavoidable since you want Level 4 and 5 at some time in the game. Priority of this skill drastically changes when there is no FO ingame (most successful squads should have one).

Level 4 Broadcast Beacons - Munitions

Pings Ammunition Cases, Shotgun Shells and Hedp rounds in the nearby area. Useful when you are specifically searching for this type of items. Ammunition is very important, so this skill is important too, because it helps finding it.

Mana Cost: 25
Cooldown: 15

Level 5 UAV

The unmanned aerial vehicle is capable of transporting 2 items, designating targets and placing chemlights.

This handy aircraft has a variety of uses. You can send items back to the camp and at the same time keep on reconnaissance, you can scout with it while you are in camp yourself, designate threats early on without being physically there and even use it during MB to place chemlights for the landing zones, if it’s really needed aka no Captain or MQ-3 Predator present. Unlike your marine it is capable of transporting most items, so it is extra nice to send weapons like Dao and Arclite Hecate.

Mana Cost: 40
Duration: 120 seconds
Cooldown 240 seconds

Recommended Skillorder

Basic Summary of the skills: Increased Damage output (Crit), Active surveillance help (Flare), Combat improvement (Raven), “Passive” Surveillance Help (Reconnaissance featuring camouflage, pings and UAV). Depending on what you want, there are quite some ways to play the FR. This is just my personal advice, if you feel like trying a different setup, do it to see how it works out for you.

I calculate in MOS specialization. It is a free level, and if you can afford it aka you don’t mind experience loss, you should have it.

Level 1: Flare and Raven
Level 2: Save
Level 3: Raven (if CE is present, if not skip and take flare) and Reconnaissance
Level 4-7: Flare

This is the base. It allows you to scout efficiently with low mana cost Flare, you can find and designate spores and place Raven Sentries in important locations early on. Further build depends on if you want to deal more damage or improve scouting.

Reconnaissance way:

Level 8-11 Reconnaissance
Depending on mana capacities (CE, E-cells, Tower) and possible critgranting items and personal preference rest of Raven for Mines or Critical Strike.

Combat way:

Level 8-10: Raven
If crit items are obtained at this stage, or if you don’t plan on getting them later on
Level 11-17: Critical Strike, Rest Reconnaissance
Otherwise you finish Reconnaissance first, which will help you in finding your desired items and in consequence max out Critical Strike.

Items

The dropoff places are random, but the type and amount of items drops is fixed (except ammo cases and some minor extra triggers)

First Wave

call ItemSpawnN('I008',4) //RMS-8 Benelli
call ItemSpawnN('I00D',6) //Rifle Grenades
call ItemSpawnN('I00M',3) //Road Flares
call PolledWait(0.5)
call ItemSpawnN('phea',5) //Fibrin Bandage
call ItemSpawnN('phea',5) //Fibrin Bandage
call ItemSpawnN('I00C',5) //Shotgun Shells
call ItemSpawnN('I00C',5) //Shotgun Shells
call ItemSpawnN('I00J',4) //Anti-Venom
call ItemSpawnN('I00J',4) //Anti-Venom
call ItemSpawnN('I002',4) //AP Ammo
call PolledWait(0.5)
call ItemSpawnN('rde1',5) //Kevlar Armor
call ItemSpawnN('I00E',6) //Claymore Case
call ItemSpawnN('I00F',5) //Chain Explosive Case
call ItemSpawnN('I00F',5) //Chain Explosive Case
call ItemSpawnN('I004',5) //Medkit
if udg_SquadXP<60000 then
call ItemSpawnN('I004',5) //Medkit
endif
call ItemSpawnN('I00X',1) //Pancor Jackhammer
call ItemSpawnN('I00B',1) //XM-29
call ItemSpawnN('I000',1) //M240G
call PolledWait(0.5)
call ItemSpawnN('I003',2) //Arclite Hecate
call ItemSpawnN('I007',1) //SAM-R
call ItemSpawnN('I00G',1) //E-Cell
call ItemSpawnN('I00I',1) //SMAW
call ItemSpawnN('I00A',1) //Blastocyst Module
call ItemSpawnN('I00N',4) //M320
call ItemSpawnN('I00U',2) //Det Cord
call ItemSpawnN('I009',1) //RMS-12A Browning
call ItemSpawnN('I010',1) //Satchel
call ItemSpawnN('I011',1) //Transceiver
call ItemSpawnN('I015',1) //Freedom
call ItemSpawnN('I016',1) //Justice

Second Wave

call ItemSpawnN('ckng',3) //U-238E Ammunition
call ItemSpawnN('I001',4) //Composite Personnel Armor
call ItemSpawnN('I00M',1) //Road Flares
call ItemSpawnN('I00I',1) //SMAW
call ItemSpawnN('I00N',1) //M320
call ItemSpawnN('I00W',2) //Flare Gun
call ItemSpawnN('I010',1) //Thermal Detonator
call ItemSpawnN('I011',1) //Transceiver
call ItemSpawnN('I013',1) //Hellfire Upgrade

Third Wave

call ItemSpawnN('I004',4) //Medkit
call ItemSpawnN('phea',4) //Fibrin Bandage
call ItemSpawnN('I00J',3) //Anti-Venom
call ItemSpawnN('I00E',3) //Claymore Case
call ItemSpawnN('I00D',3) //Rifle Grenades
call ItemSpawnN('I00M',2) //Road Flares
call ItemSpawnN('I005',2) //Reactive Body Armor
call ItemSpawnN('I00C',10) //Shotgun Shells
call ItemSpawnN('I00W',4) //Flare Gun
call ItemSpawnN('I009',1) //RMS-12A Browning
call ItemSpawnN('I00B',1) //XM-29
call ItemSpawnN('I00I',3) //SMAW
call ItemSpawnN('I00O',1) //TX-1 Ammunition
call ItemSpawnN('I010',1) //Satchel
call ItemSpawnN('I013',1) //Hellfire Upgrade

Fourth Wave

call ItemSpawnN('phea',4) //Fibrin Bandage
call ItemSpawnN('I00J',2) //Anti-Venom
call ItemSpawnN('I00E',4) //Claymore Case
call ItemSpawnN('I00D',3) //Rifle Grenades
call ItemSpawnN('I00M',4) //Road Flares
call ItemSpawnN('I005',2) //Reactive Body Armor
call ItemSpawnN('I00C',4) //Shotgun Shells
call ItemSpawnN('I004',4) //Medkit
call ItemSpawnN('I009',2) //RMS-12A Browning
call ItemSpawnN('I00B',2) //M-29
call ItemSpawnN('I00O',1) //TX-1 Ammunition
call ItemSpawnN('ckng',2) //U-238E Ammunition
call ItemSpawnN('I00A',2) //Blastocyst Module
call ItemSpawnN('I010',5) //Satchel
call ItemSpawnN('I00Z',2+udg_InitialPlayers) //Nano Body Armor

Last edited by WedgeAntilles on Sun 9 Oct - 23:58; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
oufty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2427

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Thu 21 Jul - 7:02

wut is Thermal Detonator (call ItemSpawnN('I010',1) //Thermal Detonator in Second Wave) & Pancor Jackhammer (mining pick ?)

Back to top Go down
Rikukyu
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 2450

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Thu 21 Jul - 13:51

Might i ask your preference on pathing on the map for reconnaissance? more specifically; where do you go and when for items.

Also what areas do you not explore? (for example south of convoy is always scouted by other item hungry marines, so its really not completely necessary to go there.)
Back to top Go down
WedgeAntilles
Corporal
Corporal

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Fri 22 Jul - 14:40

oufty wrote:

wut is Thermal Detonator (call ItemSpawnN('I010',1) //Thermal Detonator in Second Wave) & Pancor Jackhammer (mining pick ?)

Satchel Charge / Dao

Rikukyu wrote:
Might i ask your preference on pathing on the map for reconnaissance? more specifically; where do you go and when for items.

Also what areas do you not explore? (for example south of convoy is always scouted by other item hungry marines, so its really not completely necessary to go there.)

In a normal game i prefer to stay in town and level up with the rest of the squad and search for items with the start of sentry mission. At this stage all items of chapter 1 are dropped, so i don't have to doublecheck scouted areas and since Sentrywave spawns a low number of mobs it is a relatively safe time to move around the map. I like to start with areas in the outer map, as hardly anyone else goes there and focus on middle areas later on. Items can land everywhere, so every location is worth to be scouted.
Back to top Go down
Rikukyu
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Sat 23 Jul - 15:03

with that said, im honestly surprised to know that a blasto will always drop for us during our MOH games in chapter 1. I swear ive only ever seen one in chapter one like once or twice in all my years of playing, haha.
Back to top Go down
PIC
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2400

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Sat 23 Jul - 18:14

Wedge, thats one possibilty. Another is to whore for lvl 3 and instantly start reconing which in fact may be a bit better if your suqad is 5+. I talking here about spores ofc to prevent supersites killing civilians/improviing ac ratio.

Rikukyu, unlucky You Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ResGVirus
Private

Activity Points : 2277

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Fri 23 Sep - 11:31

I think you left out the part where FR lowers Zulu HP? :p
Back to top Go down
WedgeAntilles
Corporal
Corporal

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Sun 9 Oct - 23:59

Good catch. It is added under "Special" now.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Activity Points : 2905

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Tue 11 Oct - 16:28

Basically 2 main strategies:

- Run around and look for medkits/ammo
- Camp and spam level 5 flare
Back to top Go down
oufty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Wed 12 Oct - 23:32

... find medkit/ammo ? spam flares ? just tell me last time u played notdam ? ...

Basically to show entire map to team & spot parasites & garg rush & boss (Raven online), & good to rescue civs at Ravenholm, & to go WM when sentries. -%HP to zacks is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Rikukyu
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Thu 13 Oct - 4:22

tis funny oufty, i remmeber earlier this year you didnt even know what a FR was Razz
Back to top Go down
oufty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Fri 14 Oct - 4:37

y almost, but I learn fast ^^

btw when are u online Riku ?
Back to top Go down
Rikukyu
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Fri 14 Oct - 4:59

im not, stopped playing for awhile. tis what i do

my hotmail has been getting spamed because appernetly i was "watching" this post
Back to top Go down
Nova
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Activity Points : 2905

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   Fri 14 Oct - 19:37

oufty wrote:

... find medkit/ammo ? spam flares ? just tell me last time u played notdam ? ...

Basically to show entire map to team & spot parasites & garg rush & boss (Raven online), & good to rescue civs at Ravenholm, & to go WM when sentries. -%HP to zacks is awesome.

Strategy =/= tactics.

Everything you listed comes automatically for any of the two main strategies you employ with FR.

But last time I played NOTDAM was yesterday, so I can't talk much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Force Reconnaissance+Item List   

Back to top Go down

Force Reconnaissance+Item List
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1