Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

If Zombies Were Real

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mouse.in.a.rage
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 2318

PostSubject: If Zombies Were Real   Fri 17 Jun - 22:32

How do you think you'd fare? What traits and skills do you have that would be of benefit? How physically fit are you? List anything you think is relevant and rate yourself on how well you think you'd survive.

Myself -
Pros:
Medical experience - Emergency Medical Technician. Very good with trauma and innovation.
Fairly decent cooking skills.
Dabbling in wilderness survival, so I know general rules for edible foods and whatnot.
I work extremely well and think very clearly under pressure.
Compared to the general population I'm strong, but compared to the powerlifting population I'm a novice.
I can march long distances very easily. 8 miles a day every day of the week is no problem (not bad for a US civillian.)

Cons:
Require pills to sleep.
Higher water requirements and prone to overheating.
Poor eyesight and generally experience tremors, both of which greatly limit marksminship ability.

Weight 168 pounds, 11-13% bodyfat (not a guess, this is through bodyfat calipers.)

Overall I think I stand a decent chance. My biggest problem would be found in a fight with other survivors due to my marksminship problems. The regions I live in are gun-toting and hunter-heavy, so the likelihood of a firefight with another survivor/group is high. As long as the zombies weren't runners and I had to run a fast marathon to get away from them, I would do fairly well.
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4591
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Fri 17 Jun - 23:24

hehe i saw this on another zombie survival forum^^

Myself:
pro
- phyiscal fitness isnt that good, altough long marches arent a problem and if the needs arise i canbe stronger than i thought
- i know basics of every technic (mechanics, electricity, ...) and i am a fairly quick learner
- i can understand something in most europe languages, could help if we meet survivos from other regions
- i have a good knowledge of my sourroundings and can remember ways easily

cons
- i need a long time to make a decision
- never had a real weapon in my hands -> bad shooter
- bad swimmer too, could be uncool in certain situations

together with other survivors i could do well cause i can adept most situations, alone i would die quite fast Sad
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Panda
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 2635

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Fri 17 Jun - 23:46

This is gonna be fun.
Me:
pros
-Light+small frame, useful crawling in and out buildings for raid use
-Big imagination, probably come up with a lot of improvised weapons as well as ways to keep morale up
-Can be mature and a good worker for good causes
cons
-Nearsighted, without glasses eyesight is pretty hindered
-Stamina regeneration seems to be quite low
-Horrid swimmer
-Pretty jumpy/paranoid(i'd take this more of a con than pro)

Alone=Defeat, I'd pretty sure I could adapt to ranged weapon use as well as well being in the group.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Activity Points : 25110
Awards : .

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Fri 17 Jun - 23:47

Well ... for me ...

Pros
- I learn very fast
- Quite good with aiming weapons
- Quite good english
- Long Marches and swimming not a problem

cons
- Physical condition kinda sucks
- Almost deaf (Festivals and Gigs ftw Very Happy)
- very low cooking skills

I would probably starve out there or eat something poisonous rather than be eaten by zombies ...

My watch only ends when it all ends. I've been here since a long time and I'll be here till the end.
Back to top Go down
Black_Op
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 2625

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Sat 18 Jun - 1:11

Pros:
-Plenty of experience with guns
-Fairly decent survival skills (can make fires/cook/etc.)
-Quick thinker
-Good physical condition (stamina could definitely use improvement though)

Cons:
-If I saw a zombie I would freakin' panic
-Not sure how well i'd shoot with a zombie chasing me?
-I'd be paranoid if I was alone

I wouldn't be too worried about a zombie apocalypse in Wisconsin. We have lots and lots of guns Cool . People would prolly be being drinking/shooting zombies for kicks. Unless they were some super fast/mutated things.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22369
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Sat 18 Jun - 2:31

Hmm, funny what you can find after being absent or a few day. Here I come:

Pro:
-I'll be the Guy who'll repair your Weapons, and build you new ones as long as you can pay or get the material I need.
-Since I'm learning how to design buildings it will be handy if I need to construct new defenses against Zombies and Raiders.
-I'm good at thinking around the corner, and I've got some experience in maintaining machinery.
-I've read lots of stuffs, from Do-it-Yourself-Books, Learning Books, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Historical stories. You never know when you need knowledge about fictional techs Wink

Cons:
-My physical Condition is Crap, if I loose my glasses I'll be screwed (I can see as far as 15 cm without them, so dont be angry if I accidentaly shoot you)
-I'm willing to group to gether with others, but I always keep some stuff for myself.
-If our base is overrun, I will hide in my secret fallout-shelter. And I wont open the door if you knock...
-My social Skills and Time Management are very bad.

If the world drowns in dead, I guess Gun-Builders will be in high demand.

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
TWPC920
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2513

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Sat 18 Jun - 11:43

Pros:
-Fairly atheletic, used to be on the Cross Country Team for high school, and am used to running long distances of around 5 miles without rest.
-Likes to tinker with mechanical items (studying to be a mechanical engineer) and I find myself fixing things more often than not, and thus can be a boon to any groups that find gadgets that need repairing.
-An ok shot, been to gun ranges and do fairly ok while shooting in controlled situations. While this might not extend to the chaotic environment of a zombie infested world, any experience in shooting a gun helps.
-Though I eat a lot, I am slim and cannot seem to get fat, which helps me in my atheletic feats.

Cons:
-Eats a lot
-Wears glasses, and is blind as a bat without them
-Easily spooked, will not do well in a very scary situation.

I'm the sort of guy that prefers to sit in the back taking potshots at zombies, and will probably work best as a mid-ranged designated marksmen for the survivor group.
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23529
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Sat 18 Jun - 21:35

Dungeons and Dragons - Zombie Survival? o.O

Pros:
-I am vV

Cons:
-Monkeh is usually on my team.

Will eat other survivors if needed Wink

Pros:
-Don't require a lot of food. Eating slowly allows one to eat less and feel the satisfaction of a full meal.
-Good body strength. I work out nearly everyday and commit myself to physical strain.
-Fast on the move. I don't like to stop unless it is necessary. If we're moving, I'm happy. (Yeh, see that gas station? Don't go in.)
-Leadership skills. I dislike seeing a group of people not being 'lead in a direction'. Diplomatics and Democracy are for dead men.
-Loves the idea of putting a few holes in zombies. (Yeah, I'll do it. No-no, I insist. It's ok, I'll use your son's baseball bat)
-Gets bored easily. Will push forth new plans and plot exit strategies, even when unneeded.
-Will be the first person to put a bullet through the sketchy survivor.

Cons:
-Reckless and become short tempered under stress. (Yar...I'm the one who will be heard by the zombies)
-Short-sighted vision.
-Sometimes I will get too excited and piss my stamina away. (You know when you're screaming very loudly at that sewer zombie as you're beating it back into the hole?)
-Gets bored easily and will look for trouble if there isn't anything to do.
-Lusts... If there is an attractive female in the group I will probably end up dying this way. (I'm sure there's at least one zombie movie out there where they are having the *** and a zombie gets them)
-0 medical training.
-No professional weapon training. I'm not American.

Not saying I'm the best guy to have around, but I'd be a benefit towards a group needing direction, ideas and/or get-it-done jobs.
I would require to be in a group (for myself). I do not like sitting around, waiting to die.
If I were to be neglected by a group of survivors, I would probably just scavenge around until the zombies got the best of me.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Nova
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Activity Points : 2842

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Sun 19 Jun - 23:17

Pros -
None

Cons -
Live in a big city
Poor luck
No fire arm training

Basically dead within the first 24 hrs, as will 99% of the population will.
Back to top Go down
mouse.in.a.rage
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Mon 20 Jun - 1:08

Nova wrote:
Pros -
None

Cons -
Live in a big city
Poor luck
No fire arm training

I like this man's honesty.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Panda
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Mon 20 Jun - 2:02

mouse.in.a.rage wrote:
Nova wrote:
Pros -
None

Cons -
Live in a big city
Poor luck
No fire arm training

I like this man's honesty.
I got no firearm training either xD
unless you call firing a BB airsoft pistol at a soda can every now and then firearm training. Any tips for shaky arm?
Back to top Go down
mouse.in.a.rage
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Mon 20 Jun - 3:10

That's more training than plenty of people actually. Not real firearms training, but far, far better than nothing.

Work on breathing control, it's the first step. Breathe in, hold, squeeze, release, breathe out. Obviously if you sat there holding your breath for 5 seconds it wouldn't work as well though. It's a nice, slow, deep breath and you squeeze the trigger just after the peak of your breath. Learning to properly brace is also very important. Against a wall, on the ground, whatever you can. Considering zombies would lack firearms, you could in almost every situation set up your shot like this.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Activity Points : 25110
Awards : .

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Mon 20 Jun - 3:30

Well, guys ... let's admit it ... if zombies were real we would all be dead anyway Very Happy

My watch only ends when it all ends. I've been here since a long time and I'll be here till the end.
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Mon 20 Jun - 3:33

-cage zombies

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Panda
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Mon 20 Jun - 6:15

mouse.in.a.rage wrote:
That's more training than plenty of people actually. Not real firearms training, but far, far better than nothing.

Work on breathing control, it's the first step. Breathe in, hold, squeeze, release, breathe out. Obviously if you sat there holding your breath for 5 seconds it wouldn't work as well though. It's a nice, slow, deep breath and you squeeze the trigger just after the peak of your breath. Learning to properly brace is also very important. Against a wall, on the ground, whatever you can. Considering zombies would lack firearms, you could in almost every situation set up your shot like this.
Any certain way to hold pistols? I sorta often fire with my right hand's middle finger and with my left hand pretty much wrapping on top of each other with my left index on my right middle. >.< yesh i guess those auto-matic rifles can be set to single-shot setting now and just aim for heads.
Back to top Go down
mouse.in.a.rage
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Mon 20 Jun - 6:39

I've only really gotten work with rifles, pistols ends up being slightly more personal preference. I've only gone and shot under pistol team supervision for fun, and they impose handicaps essentially.

If I were to go out and actually need to shoot at something not shooting back at me, I would take my off hand and grab my opposite shoulder with it, then keep it at chest or shoulder level. I'd then place my shooting arm on top of the off arm at the crease of the elbow. This would give a stable shooting platform to deal with my shakes.

And on first guess, I'd say you wouldn't do anything fancy like use your middle finger to fire instead of your index, as it might place your index over the side of the chamber.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Panda
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Mon 20 Jun - 8:26

mouse.in.a.rage wrote:
I've only really gotten work with rifles, pistols ends up being slightly more personal preference. I've only gone and shot under pistol team supervision for fun, and they impose handicaps essentially.

If I were to go out and actually need to shoot at something not shooting back at me, I would take my off hand and grab my opposite shoulder with it, then keep it at chest or shoulder level. I'd then place my shooting arm on top of the off arm at the crease of the elbow. This would give a stable shooting platform to deal with my shakes.

And on first guess, I'd say you wouldn't do anything fancy like use your middle finger to fire instead of your index, as it might place your index over the side of the chamber.
The shoulder thing seems to work well Smile
Back to top Go down
mouse.in.a.rage
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Mon 20 Jun - 20:46

It goes off the same principles as camera work. You move your entire body to aim the shot, not your arms. Keeps it far more steady. Or if you have to you can just move your shoulders to guide it.

Not sure what proper technique is during a firefight though. I think it's around the same in that your off hand steadies your trigger hand.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22369
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Mon 20 Jun - 22:06

mouse.in.a.rage wrote:
Not sure what proper technique is during a firefight though.

I guess it would be "avoid being hit". And why is this discussion moving offtopic? Wink

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Delta-Dude
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2655

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Tue 21 Jun - 0:50

What kind of zombies are we speaking about? Slow-Stupid, Slow-Smarter ones, Fast-Stupid, Fast-Smarter ones. Or different kinds of mutated creatures?

What kind of recognizing functions they've got? Can they smell, see, hear, feel through the ground vibration or however else?

All of those pros and cons are useless you're lucky enough to be immune to virus Wink

And all in all if that all begins it's only a matter of luck if you survive or not.
Depends on the place you are
Depends on the people you are with
Depends on what you got with you
Depends on the surrounding

No matter what skills you have got - trapped with a wife and 3 months old baby and 6 years old son, in the center of the town without a car nearby or a gun with enough ammo in your hands and none who'd cover your ass - you're fucked up for 99%

Trapped in a house in the countryside, with a hammer parked nearby having a full tank of gas, having a rifle with plenty of ammo, and some sorta of a sword/katana and enough food/meds supplies. If you're not dumbass you will survive for the first time for 99%

Further survival depends on your skills as a scout, your physical state, moral state, and the place you choose as at least temporally holdout. If your IQ is higher 80 - you will have no problem to figure out how pistol, rifle or shotgun work, so if you find one - won't be a problem to use it right. Cooking isn't rly important, since most of the food nowadays doesn't need you to be chef-cooker to get it in cooked condition. (unless you wanna make a well served dinner every day) Also it will matter on how fast you can move on short and long distances. (your agility) and how long you can stay without sleep, food, water, working hard and going for miles (your endurance)

If you have IQ 100+ good agility and endurance and have nothing that holds ya (like family or kids, or smth else) And you're currently not surrounded by a horde of zombies - with a decent amount of luck - you will survive and find a good place to last as long as you can.

The rest doesn't matter much as for me.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Tue 21 Jun - 1:48

your only chance to survive zombiegeddon @ big cities is stocking for 30 days worth of food and water, and cading yourself in your house. After that, you can salvage supermarkets/ other people's houses.

Being in an apartment is a bonus. Fire arms will just draw attention, get a silenced fire arm and you're in a pretty good shape. Body armor could defend you from evil survivors.

All complex life forms will die and decay after 30 days w/o food.

Assuming the zombies aren't something like necromorphs (dead space zombies), you'll live.

As delta said, pros and cons are useless when facing 99.99% mass destruction. It's all luck.

P.S. Etapherven.
Back to top Go down
TWPC920
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2513

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Tue 21 Jun - 2:00

Delta-Dude wrote:

Trapped in a house in the countryside, with a hammer parked nearby having a full tank of gas

Hammers use gas now huh? Man, no wonder the gas prices keep rising.

On a more serious note, a Hummer is a horrible car to have in a zombie apocalypse. The amount of mileage you'd get out of that thing is far too little to be of any use. I'd rather have a light Japanese car that is easy to repair and maintain that can travel on dirt roads in that kind of situation. At least it's not a gas hog.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Tue 21 Jun - 2:18

Horses be the best, no gas needed. Zombie horses > you tho. The farm person with a hummer will probably have some handy.

On the serious note, you'll need an armored car, not some flimsy Japanese cardbox on wheels. Not against the zombies, but against other people. Also, more storage = better car.
Back to top Go down
mouse.in.a.rage
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Tue 21 Jun - 2:33

Namorax wrote:
mouse.in.a.rage wrote:
Not sure what proper technique is during a firefight though.

I guess it would be "avoid being hit". And why is this discussion moving offtopic? Wink

You would think that, which is why they have to work on stance training quite hard for SWAT members. If you're wearing body armor, it's better to square up with the direction of your opponent. Most people will instinctively turn to the side in order to present a smaller target, but the body armor is weaker there. I think a better technique is "hit first." Razz

Delta, you're taking the fun out of this thread! I didn't mean for it to be that in-depth lol. Base your chances of survival off of World War Z zombies.

And cooking is a very important thing - it has a HUGE impact on morale; although unlikely, some people could be bad at cooking in that they undercook food, eventually this will lead to possible disease; you cannot expect to live indefinitely off of prepackaged food products, they will not be around for forever in an extended crisis situation; a bad chef could overcook so much that it leaves something inedible, and you wouldn't want to waste your food stock.
That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Personally, I'd rather travel on foot than in car in most cases if something like this were to happen. Cars would attract too much attention, and I'd like to see you try to be stealthy in one.
About the horses, you'd have to worry about them being gun-trained, as most will startle when shots are fired.
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   Tue 21 Jun - 3:07

What about zombies vs zombies?

Eventually zombies 'NEED BRAINS' - so to speak - and will begin to feast on one-another.
I'd get some zombies, leash them up and wait until they'd eat drywall then sick them upon attacking zombies. (It's obvious my fresh blood would be their first choice of meal. Though instinct, which all zombies are, would kick in and they'd eat another zombie).

If you're smart enough with your restraints, I think this would be a very possible and valuable answer. (Got this idea while thinking about bondage and the zombie-training marine (AG) from RC601).

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Zombies Were Real   

Back to top Go down

If Zombies Were Real
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next