Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Tadaaaaam!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36213
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Sun 12 Jun - 21:54

jk2pach wrote:
Thanks. I'll use this later.

Sitter: someone managing your account. (sitting on this account Wink)

cant you just call it the owner or the player of the account? seems so much easier lol

Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Activity Points : 30683

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Sun 12 Jun - 23:03

Zombies descriptions and stats done (still need to do the buildings/research)
Pictures (temporary, like the other ones) added for: zombies, mutants.

@Andx
-The downside of mutants is: no defenses (like zombies); research expansives. (And probably buildings will be very expansive)
-Left menu names changed (again, for the 50th time :p)
-Descriptions: sure. But I do it day after day, it's very long. For each unit (in original game: starships), I have to modify arround 10 files. One ship is arround 30 minutes of work. I added 42 ships to the 14 ones provided by XNova motor)=> I need some time; that's why it's an alpha version Very Happy

@Wizz
-no it's not. The account sitting is when you ask a friend to manage your own account. Then, the sitter is not the owner, but the one managing your account.
-if you do not sleep, my army should arrive in your base in 1.10 hour. Tell me if you get messages&co, I want to test if the reports are working well. Thanks.

@Namorax
Please also check your attack reports and tell me what they said, I attacked you earlier

Corporal

Activity Points : 2625

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Sun 12 Jun - 23:13

wizzitje wrote:
jk2pach wrote:
Thanks. I'll use this later.

Sitter: someone managing your account. (sitting on this account Wink)

cant you just call it the owner or the player of the account? seems so much easier lol

These types of browser games are very abuseble by people playing more than one account, or more than one person playing a single account. So usually peoples IP's are watched very carefully. A "sitter" is a rare case where you can have a friend watch over your account in an emergency for a short amount of time. You usually have to contact some admin and let them know so the account isn't banned for multi-accounting. Basically, they're babysitting your account, which is why it's called a "sitter".
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Activity Points : 25110
Awards : .

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Sun 12 Jun - 23:40

jk2pach wrote:
I started working on the race techtree (not finished at all, of course).

Human: the base (like in any game: average units/prices/power/speed etc.)
Zombies: very cheap production, slow movement, bad defence
Mutant: fast movement, good attack power.
Cyborg: expansive production, good defense and attack power.

Guess I'll go for Cyborg when it is finished Smile

Black_Op wrote:
Dark_Warlock wrote:

Another little tip for you: Human, not Humain Smile Besides of that, you should think over the balance of the building time: More than 20 hours for an basic building lvl 10? Probably you should rescale that.

It's meant to be like that. You should go play some similar games (e.g. Ogame). These types of games are meant to last years. You'll eventually run into buildings that take weeks to build Wink

Meh ... for me it's kind of a rapid increase on the building time. Besides of that, for this high school of science ... you "just" need to get engineering school to level 10 aswell as the computer technology, which means also the reasearch building if you don't have 2 years to research a single techonology.

And unlike buildings you can't queue research. Meaning you have to start every single research manually. Later on, no problem - for increasing building speed, researching speed and what not. But you should fulfill the requirements for most of the buildings a bit faster - especially if this would help you to get your defense up ...

As I guess, in this game you're supposed to attack other players (who guessed that!) and so I guess you should get up your defenses pretty fast. Now tell me how you want to do this when you need 20 minutes for 1 Rifleman because you can't lower the production speed because you need 20 hours to get a minimal reduction.

And besides of that, i didn't talk of advanced buildings like the High School Of Sciene - It had a building time of 5 years. But the basic structures should be build a bit faster than this, especially research center and Engineering School. Atleast this is my opinion.

My watch only ends when it all ends. I've been here since a long time and I'll be here till the end.
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Sun 12 Jun - 23:43

@Dark Warlock, simply to notice: I've a cheated account for tests, with 10 buildings of each kind as human (or any race I test at the moment) and level 10 in all researchs.

(On a sidenote, it's also to learn how to play the game, rofl. I do not even know some things I just discovered they are a dozen different missions for armies. (attack, parking, spy etc.).

Most units take 0.01 seconds to be built. Example: I can do 10 riflemen in 1 seconds Smile

So yeah, it's balanced. At least human, since I did not changed the statistics for human.

Brigadier General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Sun 12 Jun - 23:55

Then you have a bug to fix, since it took 20 minutes to build a rifleman with an engineering school lvl 10.

According to your description of the high school of science, it decreases building time greatly but takes ages to be build. With it on lvl 10 I can guess that it is balanced.

Try it without the High school of science and you'll take a good while for buildings after lvl 7 or 8 and for units. The effect of the engineering school is for those units and buildings on a minimum. Not even a minute for 20 hours of building.

My watch only ends when it all ends. I've been here since a long time and I'll be here till the end.
Back to top Go down
Black_Op
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Mon 13 Jun - 0:07

Dark_Warlock wrote:

Meh ... for me it's kind of a rapid increase on the building time. Besides of that, for this high school of science ... you "just" need to get engineering school to level 10 aswell as the computer technology, which means also the reasearch building if you don't have 2 years to research a single techonology.

And unlike buildings you can't queue research. Meaning you have to start every single research manually. Later on, no problem - for increasing building speed, researching speed and what not. But you should fulfill the requirements for most of the buildings a bit faster - especially if this would help you to get your defense up ...

As I guess, in this game you're supposed to attack other players (who guessed that!) and so I guess you should get up your defenses pretty fast. Now tell me how you want to do this when you need 20 minutes for 1 Rifleman because you can't lower the production speed because you need 20 hours to get a minimal reduction.

And besides of that, i didn't talk of advanced buildings like the High School Of Sciene - It had a building time of 5 years. But the basic structures should be build a bit faster than this, especially research center and Engineering School. Atleast this is my opinion.

As far as I can tell a lot of the research is the same speed as regular Ogame, which is extremely well balanced. When you first start off in Ogame some of the first ships take an hour to build, but it's fair since it takes that long for EVERYONE to do that. Later on in the game you build these units in a matter of seconds (year+ later), but you have tougher units that still take awhile to build.

There shouldn't be any buildings available to you that take years to build, although you do run into this after playing the game for years. All buildings are designed to have a certain "limit". You can technically level up something infinitely, but it's designed so they eventually just take to long/cost to much. This is all part of balancing the benefits you get from the buildings.

Your suppose to get enough defense to make your "nightly production" of resources unprofitable to attack. Before you log off for the night/day your suppose to send your army out to an easy target with all of your resources (called fleet saving) to protect them. The only time your army/resources are safe is if they're moving somewhere.

Also, be happy your allowed to queue buildings, in regular Ogame you have to pay for that feature Wink

Edit: Also, for the record, the resource production rate is buggy as hell atm. It's WAYYYY too fast for early game.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22369
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Mon 13 Jun - 0:14

Here's what you wanted, sorry for the delay.
From the Overview Section::

Dunno if this works, but heres the link from an earlier attack-message.
http://jk2pach.net/zc/rw.php?raport=2c94250d3a082122149bf1eddbafcc7d

There are some faults:

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Mon 13 Jun - 0:35

Spoiler:

You know ... Engineering School lvl 10 may be required for the high school of sciene, but it weill take anyway 2 years to build it. Now go on and build more engineering schools. As far as I can tell, the level up need around 2 times as long as the lvl before.

At this rate, if I guessed right, you could need a very long time to get the first lvl of this building done. The building which is the only one to decrease the building time effectively. Atleast the description says that.

Besides of that, you have to get 3 things on lvl 10, which takes some time and then, as explained above, you still need to level the engineering school to a higher level if you don't want the building progress of the high school of science to take more than 2 years.

As far as I guess, the reduction is in %. Meaning that the reduction of building time gets always less and less, which is also the cause for the minimal effect of the engineering schools, if my guess is right.

So you need a very high level of the engineering school to be able to build it. And if my guess above about the increase of the building time is correct, this will take you around one or two weeks to get to the level required to build the high school of scince in a acceptable time.

I don't care about the increase of the building times of other buildings, but the engineering school is a basic requirement for all the other buildings to be build in an acceptable time.

Atleast I would suggest an higher cost for it, but a lowered increase of the building time, which is in my opinion not a mistake.

Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Mon 13 Jun - 2:57

-Player trade menu updated/translated; credits resource implemented in this page.
-2D map links translated.
-Zombie speed/cargo capacity updated.

Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Mon 13 Jun - 4:02

Spoiler:

If Engineering School level 10 is required for the High School of Science, then the Engineering School is the equivalent of "Robotics Factory" in Ogame, and the High School of Science the equivalent of "Nanite Factory", just with different names.

With this in mind, Engineering School is suppose to become highly inefficient to get around level 12, and High School of Science should max out around level 5 (with the great majority of people stopping at 2-3 because of time/resource costs).

Right now Jk has everything going extremely fast. It should take you a couple weeks to get Engineering School to level 10 because of resource costs/time. Also, before you ever get it to 10 you should have at least a couple other bases your developing at the same time.

Anyways, it's very hard to suggest balances when the game has so much other more urgent stuff to be done. For now I suggest we let Jk work out the bigger kinks. Games like this are all about statistics, thus balancing is extremely hard to do and should be saved until the games further in development.

For now, I suggest you go try Ogame for a couple days so you have a better idea of how these types of browser games generally work, it will help you a lot.

Edit: Jk you should give all races access to the basic Ogame research (all the stuff you didn't add in), so we can mess around with units and stuff. As a Cyborg all I can research is Zombie research stuff, which does nothing.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Mon 13 Jun - 4:28

Spoiler:

Oh, you should have a couple of other bases= Oh well. Try that with the High School Of Science as a requirement for the Settlers Hall which is, as far as I know, needed to claim other bases than your main base.

Besides of that you need to get to Energy Technology Level 12, which will also take some time to research if you don't build more Research Centers.
At that point I want to see how you want to claim other bases besides your main base.

Besides of that, pach just told us that he can produce the normal units with a building time around 1 sec. With all buildings on level 10. Now I want to see you to get all the buildings on level 10 ...

Besides, planning browsergames to last years probably isn't a good idea, since many people will get bored soon - because it takes so long to build or research anything. Ending up with "dead" accounts, which aren't used for anything besides of getting raided by players who are still active.

Edit: Could we just stop this? The spoiler is getting kinda big ...

Back to top Go down
Black_Op
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Mon 13 Jun - 4:41

Dark_Warlock wrote:
Spoiler:

One more time Razz

The techs are all wacky then, because it definitely doesn't require energy tech 12 in Ogame (it's 2-4 I think, haven't played in awhile). Hmm, actually, a recent update to Ogame introduced Astrophysics for getting bases anyways.

Ogame has been around for many years and has a ton of servers, most of which are pretty active. Good games are built to keep people playing it as long as possible without getting bored. There's enough stuff to work towards so you shouldn't have to worry about hitting a dead end on some tech/building and getting bored. I played Ogame for around two years without running into any building/boredum issues.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Mon 13 Jun - 4:46

Spoiler:

I never said that I would have problems with boredom. If I would be bored of RC601 and this forum, I wouldn't be here anymore since a long time. I think it's almost around 1 years since I joined here.

At the other side ... Ogame is not Zombie Complex. After all, it is pachs decision to change things and we two don't have anything to say in this case. Let's see where this is going to.

Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36213
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Mon 13 Jun - 12:28

yer combat report iz here jk, seems to be like your troops failed as they ''Crashed'' on a sun lol.....

http://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/15/91/74/63/combat10.jpg

Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Mon 13 Jun - 16:15

More files optimized especially for buildings/fleets&co. Now descriptions / names are changed only in one file. (Not too late).

Added races descriptions on the login and registration pages.

Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4591
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Wed 15 Jun - 10:29

alot numbers needs to be changed, 4days in the gane and i only have buildings left that need >10 hours...

same goes for armies, i have tons of ressources but i cant spent them on troops cause they take too long to build, imho the buildingtime reduction isnt scaling well with the barracks and engi school level

another thing is the problem that you cant upgrade research facility while researching

btw:i get on every attack the massage that my army is destroyed one timent was destroyed (lost 2k force recon on 78rocket launcher, huh) another time my2k rifleman came back....
Back to top Go down
Black_Op
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Wed 15 Jun - 11:09

@Andx667, At least you can build troops. I'm a Cyborg, yet I can only do zombie tech research, nothing else Razz. Can't build anything except rocket launchers lol

Also, your research lab not being upgradeable while you research is done on purpose. You also shouldn't be able to build troops while upgrading Barracks. This could definitely be changed some time in the future though.

Other minor bugs:

-For the displayed time it will take you to build something, it displays 1 day as "1j". For example, my engineering school level 11 will take 1j 11h 29m 55s, instead of 1d 29m 55s.

-On the left hand menu, under Finances, Merchant is incorrectly spelled Merchand. I normally wouldn't point out typos this early in the games production, but that one typo is driving me nuts!

-Research techs for races is buggy as hell. I'm guessing you haven't had time to mess around with them yet though. (As cyborg I only have Zombie Techs available)

-The table on the "Resources" page is way off. I have negative production according to it.

-The resource production rates are extremely high. Not sure if this is on purpose
Back to top Go down
Freelancer_Ryko
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 2687

PostSubject: Miner Points   Wed 15 Jun - 13:16

So, I just gained 1 miner in Zombie Complex.

Spoiler:

So, I clicked on it, chose what I wanted with my 1 miner.

Spoiler:

Alright, got what I wanted. (Notice how it says: 2 officer points available?) I go back to the Overview and the message is still there.

Spoiler:

So I click on it again and it brings me back to Officers.

Spoiler:

Well, now I have another Officer point to use. Notice now, I have 3 points available?

I noticed, if I keep going to the Overview and clicking that update, I can continuously get Miner points and max out everything in Officer tab.

^ I'm sure that isn't supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Wed 15 Jun - 16:23

It is supposed to be so, since you have more exp than required for the next exp. As soon as it is for example 800/1000 exp, you won't gain an level.

It just can't add up all the levels and you have to gain them manually.

Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4591
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Wed 15 Jun - 19:43

although its intended it far too easy to get these levels

oh yeah i can make units... but i have a queue of 13k rockets launchers and 5k rifleman oO of of them needs about 4minutes = will take 41 days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark_Warlock
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Fri 17 Jun - 4:16

Well ...

2 things...

1) Time taken to construct something is still in french. 1j = 1 Day. My bad. I'm sorry.

2) Colonizing works kinda good ...

Back to top Go down
Black_Op
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Fri 17 Jun - 5:41

Hey JK, can you give more researches to Cyborg? All I can do is Zombie tech name 1-17 researches, so i'm basically stuck now. All I can do is build Rocket Launchers and level up basic buildings Neutral. I need to be able to do other researches like the other Races (Computer Tech, Energy Tech, etc.)
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Fri 17 Jun - 22:37

Back from an awesome week in my new job. I will get time this week-end (normally...) So I should be able to work again on ZC. Minor problems:
1-Current flat gets the most horrible bandwith I ever have
2-I only get my old and underpowered laptop
3-After one week spent to discover the video game I work for now, I need to remember what Zombie Complex is :p

Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   Sat 18 Jun - 19:08

Officers removed. They are bugged even in the raw motor of XNova.

PostSubject: Re: Tadaaaaam!   

Back to top Go down

Tadaaaaam!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jk2pach outpost :: Misc :: Barracks-
Jump to: