Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

bot autostart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TNT_PIZZA
Private

Activity Points : 2623

PostSubject: bot autostart   Tue 3 May - 22:02

Could you please put the ua2 bot autostart to 5 instead of 4? I ask this not because I am a noob (like some C.W.O claimed Rolling Eyes) but because I think 4 player is definitely not enough to have a fun hard or umb game, even with pretty good players (assuming we need 2 nc for a umb game, we have 2 guys that can pick other class, wich I think is not enough for most people). By changing it to 5 the wait will be a little longer but I am sure games will be alot better.
Back to top Go down
http://clansar.high-forums.com
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22434
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Tue 3 May - 22:14

They might become "better", or they might NEVER start. Thats the problem. If the autostart is set to 5 players, chances are you will never reach 5 players because the 4th one always leaves before the 5th enters.

Its always the same...

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36278
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Tue 3 May - 22:37

how about the 3rth leaving be4 the 4th? isnt that like the same degree?

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22434
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Wed 4 May - 0:22

But gathering 4 players is faster then gathering 5 players.

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4656
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Wed 4 May - 9:48

4 is ok for most random groups of people, if u want to player with more players just be lucky and catch an admin that set it up Wink
Back to top Go down
Master_Glenn
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 2411

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Wed 4 May - 11:44

I do think the autostart should be changed. Four people is enough for in the early hours, but I think after around 7pm CET it could be raised to about 6. In 'the good old days' the AIS bot and clan SAR bot used autostart at 6 people, and that was clearly full in a matter of minutes. I know you can't make a script for this (or can you?), so I would advice admins to raise the limit a bit higher in the evening hours. Not a instruction, just an advice/opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4656
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Wed 4 May - 14:45

if u get players quickly in the evening it doenst matter if its 4 or 6... (u can still try to stall the game or ask an admin to set the autostart higher)
Back to top Go down
TNT_PIZZA
Private

Activity Points : 2623

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Wed 4 May - 16:14

Namorax wrote:
They might become "better", or they might NEVER start. Thats the problem. If the autostart is set to 5 players, chances are you will never reach 5 players because the 4th one always leaves before the 5th enters.

Its always the same...
The 4th one doesn't always leaves... and if he does it's most of the time a noob that will die in the first minutes... great use for the team.
Back to top Go down
http://clansar.high-forums.com
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23594
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Wed 4 May - 21:05

Problem: A lot of players complain if autostart is ever raised from 4-?(even 5). I am sure they're not interested in 'winning' though.

Master_Glenn wrote:
I do think the autostart should be changed. Four people is enough for in the early hours, but I think after around 7pm CET it could be raised to about 6.

Andx667 wrote:
if u get players quickly in the evening it doenst matter if its 4 or 6... (u can still try to stall the game or ask an admin to set the autostart higher)

Seeing this, it seems there is no real problem. If an admin is in the game, he/she can always raise the autostart AND people will join games more quickly when battle.net is more active. Also, most of the admins will be on around the times when 'everyone' is playing.

When Battle.net is less active, you might as well have a low autostart so you are not afking in a lobby for 20+ minutes waiting for players.

TNT_PIZZA wrote:
The 4th one doesn't always leaves... and if he does it's most of the time a noob that will die in the first minutes... great use for the team.

Newbs are allowed to learn too Very Happy. Noobs are the players who will stay, but perform badly or less than expected.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Brickwall
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2578

PostSubject: Alias for autostart?   Tue 12 Jul - 15:50

I was thinking, is it possible to make alisases for the botcommands? I'll use the miRC syntax as an example.

/as4 /autostart 4
/as5 /autostart 5
/as6 /autostart 6
/as7 /autostart 7

If you got those four available there should not be any issues. Players can't set autostart to any weird numbers then.
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36278
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Tue 12 Jul - 16:31

it has to be programmed or at least injected into the bots program, this means that some1 needs to make it. so you have to find some1 then Wink

Back to top Go down
d3f4g5
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 2502

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Tue 12 Jul - 19:17

is it only a problem to write such function(s), what about permission of owner to insert it and change source code?
Back to top Go down
Black_Op
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 2690

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Wed 13 Jul - 4:52

I already brought up the possibility of adding a function to the bot. Unfortunately that isn't possible since we don't have access to their source code (nor does Jk2pach). If we did, it would be as easy as copy and pasting code that already exists inside the source code.

Unfortunately there is no other clean solution to this. Either way, people seriously need to stop bringing up the "just wait for an admin," and "if it's raised at all then people will leave when you just need one more person" crap.

The admin excuse is just plain lame and obvious to everyone. There's no reason to even mention it. As for people leaving:

wizzitje wrote:
how about the 3rth leaving be4 the 4th? isnt that like the same degree?

Wizzitje took the words right out of my mouth. Furthering that argument by saying "well the game starts faster" makes you sound even more stupid. Why don't we set the auto start to 1 person then, it would start faster right? ~sarcasm~. There's no point to a game starting if it's no fun.
====================================

Either way, this discussion is best put to rest. Many Admins here are against change. I advise you don't waste your time trying to change their mind.
Back to top Go down
Nuno
Private

Activity Points : 2284

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Wed 13 Jul - 18:53

A easy solution might be a !votestart public command which enable players to start the game without the presence of an admin. With this command, players will have full control over starting the game regardless of whatever the autostart player number is.

I have this code in my bot if anyone is interested o.o
Back to top Go down
Brickwall
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2578

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Thu 14 Jul - 0:56

Nuno wrote:
A easy solution might be a !votestart public command which enable players to start the game without the presence of an admin. With this command, players will have full control over starting the game regardless of whatever the autostart player number is.

I have this code in my bot if anyone is interested o.o
I think we are back to the problem of not being able to tamper with the source code.
Back to top Go down
Nuno
Private

Activity Points : 2284

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Thu 14 Jul - 1:49

My apology for making a post before reading the entire thread but now i see the problem -.-
In this case, you guys are welcome to use nunobot2 which has been sitting in clan rrtf since yesterday Smile
Back to top Go down
Black_Op
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 2690

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   Thu 14 Jul - 4:23

If you don't mind letting people use the bot sometimes, perhaps you should create a thread for it (more information on how/when to use it). I have no doubt many people here would be extremely grateful to use it, and I doubt they'll all be lucky enough to see your post in this thread Smile. It would definitely be more convenient to use it during peak hours, rather than repeatedly rejoining to get a good match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bot autostart   

Back to top Go down

bot autostart
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jk2pach outpost :: Warcraft III :: Offline activity :: Undead Assault II ( UA2 )-
Jump to: