Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Fuel and other things considered

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23593
Awards :

PostSubject: Fuel and other things considered   Sat 30 Apr - 3:33

Fuel - this is what allows you to continually pilot a vehicle.
Fuel is more common than one would think. You get 1 every 1-3 crates (from my experience)
Fuel can be taken from other vehicles and used in another. If this is a 'bug', then a similar system could be implemented with a more meaningful explanation for it.
Fuel can now be purchased from the Combat Engineer's Supply Structure. (For you players like Monkeh. You know who you are Sleep )
Fuel is not 100% necessary (Gasp, really?). Yes, your hero is actually far more useful than any vehicle could be. My advice: Do not rely on vehicles to win.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22433
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sat 30 Apr - 4:06

Another line I want to add:

Fuel - Why are we using "Fuel" when "Batteries" would make more sense and fit better into the setting?

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Ssuul
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 3304
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sat 30 Apr - 4:25

affraid wut u do in LS .... i do not like fuel .....
long way 2 get a tank.... and then u must running 4 fuel ...
ammo sys is ok, but both fuel and ammo Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sat 30 Apr - 6:36

Ssuul wrote:

Lol for me the ammo for GWs drives me crazy. My tempest is like a fucking child Smile

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Lahey
Private

Activity Points : 2380

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sat 30 Apr - 17:52

I'm against the new drivable-fuel-system aswell. IMO it damages gameplay and the ranking system. It damages the ranking system because players with a high rank suppose to get more bonusses. Right now they get vehicles that run on a gallon per meter.
It's fine with me that vehicles in RC601 having a 'big' role. It's also realistic that in general vehicles pwn more than a regular hero.
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36277
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sat 30 Apr - 19:03

Lahey wrote:
I'm against the new drivable-fuel-system aswell. IMO it damages gameplay and the ranking system. It damages the ranking system because players with a high rank suppose to get more bonusses. Right now they get vehicles that run on a gallon per meter.
It's fine with me that vehicles in RC601 having a 'big' role. It's also realistic that in general vehicles pwn more than a regular hero.

its supposed that vehicles (drivable ones) have a VERY SMALL role, your supposed to play your hero and not some tank.

Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4655
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sat 30 Apr - 19:29

if vehicle have a small role, you can remove them from the map...

a vehicle is a nice addition to a team in every mode, but the fuel system makes them very situational, u need to think twice before u use them, to not waste fuel

i think i would be good if the the duration we can drive with a barrel of fuel would be doubled (20secs) or tripled (30secs)
Back to top Go down
Ssuul
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sat 30 Apr - 19:55

vV_O wrote:
Ssuul wrote:

Lol for me the ammo for GWs drives me crazy. My tempest is like a fucking child Smile

Indeed, GW´s and tempest have 2 low ammo and reload time is 2 long (like the most tanks and mechs) Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ssuul
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sat 30 Apr - 20:04

Ok i am runinng 4 missions .... running 4 sat´s... cherry running 4 ammo... Basketball running 4 items... pig running 4 fuel... Suspect RUNNINGMAN / (i wanna have some fun (1 Mil ways 2 kill) with my meatzombies and not playing a runningman)
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sat 30 Apr - 22:22

Ssuul wrote:
Ok i am runinng 4 missions .... running 4 sat´s... cherry running 4 ammo... Basketball running 4 items... pig running 4 fuel... Suspect RUNNINGMAN / (i wanna have some fun (1 Mil ways 2 kill) with my meatzombies and not playing a runningman)

lmaowhat? I don't understand this Very Happy

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4655
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sun 1 May - 0:08

ssuul means there are too many tasks now ingame:

- complete mission
- complete side mission
- complete random mission
- find ammo
- find items
- find fuel

(i add:)
- teach the game to new players
- stay alive
- dont tk
Back to top Go down
Ssuul
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Sun 1 May - 20:26

Andx667 wrote:
ssuul means there are too many tasks now ingame:

- complete mission
- complete side mission
- complete random mission
- find ammo
- find items
- find fuel

(i add:)
- teach the game to new players
- stay alive
- dont tk

ty<
Back to top Go down
Gerard-dug
Private

Activity Points : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Wed 4 May - 12:55

As it stands the system removes usefulness for most vehicles in most situations. Even with two fuel-makers and a repair-hero players won't be able to continually operate anything. So basically even under ideal circumstances with 3 players coöperating it's not really worth the effort. That's a bad thing.

I'd be more or less ok with the system if one unit of fuel lasted 20 or 30 seconds. 5-10 minutes of work for 5 minutes of driving still means in 90% of all situations you're better off walking. But it leaves a niche were it's worthwile to put in the effort.

Otherwise, and this question is less rethorical than it may appear, why not remove vehicles entirely?
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Activity Points : 13751
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Wed 4 May - 18:35

The vehicles are a bonus and they are useful for defense type missions. To remove them completely may cause problems since newcomers want to try the tanks and new heroes as well. I would suggest as previously stated to remove the fuel system all together. I honestly think the game was fine how it was but all these recent changes are just going to deter more people. I would start suggesting that pach asks the community before making such a big change.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Wed 4 May - 19:03

It's still jk's map. He doesnmt have to ask anyone if he ants to change something.

I dont want to say it should be removed, but something a little less drastic would be appreciated.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Wed 4 May - 21:14

Something fun to look at:

Humvee & GW- Worker - Bulk (no need to keep the same one. Replace and move on).

Frozen Sword - Defend against Omicron Rush.

Inferno - Defend City (nuke risk/civs), Power Plant (Fall Back/or defending the engineers there), or Bunker Down.

Our Anus #1&2 - quick transport and great for getting to isolation or that spore the TC didn't get.

Jupiter - Entrance Guard. Hell, even use it for the first project. It spawns right there.

Rhino - Homeless (other rc missions)

Tsunami #1 - Telecom Officer (north hill)

Tsunami #2 - Amazing for the Mine Truck mission, or an emergency for Airfield missions.

Many classes have a vehicle summon and the IP doesn't use fuel when piloting his vehicles.

If this amount of drivable vehicles aren't enough, it seems you're not playing right. I am not saying "play this way", but there is at least 50+ heroes in the game. Get out of the cockpit and gun down some zombies!

Originally, the vehicles were supposed to be used for situational use (before they even had these silly abilities they now have).

Frozen Sword: Grouped lesser enemies (Everyone wanted to be silly and tank bosses with it) and gargoyles/crows.

Inferno: Tanking bosses (It used to have more health before all these changes were made).

Hera: Gunning down aerial and ground enemies from a good distance.

Jupiter: Boss/Project/SFC slayer.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Vehicles are great, I know. The game is just too easy if you get to use them all game, right?
Even Monkeh was able to beat the game using one.

Too many got used to the luxury of hiding inside of a vehicle with 3+ times the hp of a hero and when it dies, it's as if having a second life (reincarnation).
You can take boss hit after boss hit, and why ever playing a hero without repair (if this is how the game would be)?

The only possible way to balance removing the fuel system, is to go back to Pach's idea about crushers attacking mechanicals.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Wed 4 May - 22:08

Why was allowing Crushers to attack vehicles refused?

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Wed 4 May - 23:40

Namorax wrote:
Not sure. If crushers could attack vehicles, the vehicles would be scrap very quickly Smile
(This would also effect 'protect the Wrath' at Bunker Down.)

Anyway, about my previous post:
I didn't necessarily mean that I liked how the fuel is. I just don't understand why people need these vehicles this badly :S
There are ways where I do not like it, but there are ways I really like it.

When people pick TE, I notice that they hide in black hawk (now Ouranos) while they just use Falling Star as their 'hero' and will only get out for side missions and to summon a new Star/Thunder.

I can also sympathize that people like using vehicles from time to time, but some players ruin the luxury by using a vehicle all game and then it's just silly and pointless to continue. IE: Combat Engineer hiding inside Frozen Sword (you know who I'm talking about), getting out to build turrets - gg.

Not saying "you're bad, you need vehicles". Although, I am trying to get the point across that you don't require them and situational use seems more balanced.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Activity Points : 13751
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Wed 4 May - 23:49

vV_O wrote:
Namorax wrote:
Not sure. If crushers could attack vehicles, the vehicles would be scrap very quickly Smile
(This would also effect 'protect the Wrath' at Bunker Down.)

Anyway, about my previous post:
I didn't necessarily mean that I liked how the fuel is. I just don't understand why people need these vehicles this badly :S
There are ways where I do not like it, but there are ways I really like it.

When people pick TE, I notice that they hide in black hawk (now Ouranos) while they just use Falling Star as their 'hero' and will only get out for side missions and to summon a new Star/Thunder.

I can also sympathize that people like using vehicles from time to time, but some players ruin the luxury by using a vehicle all game and then it's just silly and pointless to continue. IE: Combat Engineer hiding inside Frozen Sword (you know who I'm talking about), getting out to build turrets - gg.

Not saying "you're bad, you need vehicles". Although, I am trying to get the point across that you don't require them and situational use seems more balanced.

CE can't survive without a tank because all he has is a shotgun the desert eagle but no real spells help him (clashing circle does crap for damage). I like that he builds turrets but i would think he should be only picked for LS or Survival
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Thu 5 May - 0:01

Ah, speak of the Combat Eng- er devil Wink

Monkeh, plenty of people will disagree with you about that.
Many of us have played CE without hiding in a vehicle, even before reinforcements were thought of.

The crushers are a bit intense now (even with my reinforcements focus firing on them), especially with the creep spawn buff. Though, no hero requires a vehicle.
For Barney's sake, you get zombie walk at level 1.
The gun isn't 'that' awful, at least it is 1000 range and the D.Eagle (imo) IS the best sidearm in the game.

You are the one infamous for hiding in vehicles and wanting them buffed. Some of them have received abilities and (from my perception) it seems Pach has noticed people relying on vehicles too much and this is why Fuel system was added. This means he has wasted all this time, making many heroes and player-suggested heroes, for players to hide inside 'point & click' vehicles.

I know I'm not making any fans with this thread, but I've seen how vehicles have been abused (even by myself).

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Thu 5 May - 0:47

Then jk should simply "deactivate" certain abilities like summons or repair. If a player enters a vehicle, he looses his summons (Reason: "The hero's WLan cant connec't with the summon." Razz) and he can no longer repair.

How to do it? As far as i know, its possible to tell the game that a certain player can't get access to specific abilities (->They no longer exist for the player). When a player enters a vehicle, remove abilities. When the hero leaves the vehicle for whatever reason, re-enable them.

No summons, no repair, Problem solved. cheers

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Nyarla
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 2813
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Thu 5 May - 0:54

the whole point of vehicles was to abuse em as much as i can. pretty much served as both tank and damage increase for heros that can't do it emselves or if i'm too lazy to play actively. vehicles were just handy since chatting and driving works better then walk talk and die. i only played one game with fuel recently and it ended with me abandoning the tank after 1 min, then i tried using it as "defensive structure" in middle but as u all know, u leave the vehicle if it runs out of fuel. fact is right now vehicles serve as transport from point A to B and maybe back again but thats only for the fast ones. to use the tanks effectively u would have to bring the projects to the tank and not the other way round.
part of me is happy since it increases overall game difficulty but on the other hand when i'm lazy again i sure as hell gonna miss the good ol' gun and drive mode.
no class needs a vehicle. really none does ,its after all a teamgame and u ain't supposed to hop inside frozen and handle everything yourself only cause u got repair on your hero, hell if u abuse terrain who needs repair.

as already mentioned its just stupid for the ppl that get the rank where they could drive a tank and then basic operational time is 100 sec while they saw all the others use / abuse / overuse vehicles until now... RC works after all through a reward system Laughing

@Namorax: u can't summon inside vehicles anyway, so u leave summon reenter, can be done in less than a sec so no zombie gets a chance to hit u and its back to gunning
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Thu 5 May - 1:02

What I meant was "Kill the stupid summoned thingy!!! Twisted Evil "

Sorry for not being clear enough^^

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Thu 5 May - 1:37

If it is this important, propose that 1 fuel = 1 minute or 2 minutes.
I don't use vehicles anymore, so it doesn't effect me much.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   Thu 5 May - 1:44

Meh. I'm throwing this into the suggestion corner. Lets see how it ends.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel and other things considered   

Back to top Go down

Fuel and other things considered
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1