Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Dead Frontier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Delta-Dude
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2720

PostSubject: Dead Frontier   Wed 27 Apr - 21:40

Hey.. Since it's the web-site of Zombie-Map Fans, thought maybe you'd like to take a look at online multiplayer browser 3D game Dead Frontier

It's a really good one, I once had an account there, but left for a while and it got deleted. Now, after a few months of break, gonna start again and maybe somebody from the community would like to join me? If you will have any questions, or will need any tips about choosing class, leveling skills and proficiencies, choosing weapon/stats build and so on - you can ask me. Anyway I suggest you to take a look even if you're not going to play it Wink
↓Link↓

> [Dead Frontier] <

Also there's a guide and some technical-tips for this game, unfortunately you can view them only while you're at the outpost, but sometimes you badly need them when you're out. For that you need to make another "fake" account to view it or...

Local-Web-Page

Download this archive, it contains 2 web-pages (exact copy of the page with guide and tech-tips) that you can view any time, since they will be on your computer at the "local host"

Last edited by Delta-Dude on Thu 5 May - 17:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36278
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Thu 28 Apr - 2:09

lewks a lot like Alien Swarm to me.

Back to top Go down
Delta-Dude
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Thu 28 Apr - 7:51

Yeh kinda Wink usually it's quiet in the streets for looting, but you can cause high aggro by using loud weapon (shotgun, mg, chainsaw, smg, explosive), less loud weapon (rifle, pistol, melee weapon) don't cause aggro, they only attract zombies in your sight range. And sometimes high aggro is caused randomly and then ur getting overrun by zombies, 2 variants = run or find a good spot and if u got a good gun, try to pin them down Wink
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Activity Points : 30748

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Thu 28 Apr - 13:18

Testing it, that's awesome. It's typically the kind of game I would like to create as entrepreneur Very Happy

Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Thu 28 Apr - 13:24

Of course I hate the fact you need to buy credits to get the smallest ammo Smile

Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Thu 28 Apr - 13:33

You don't need to buy credits at all Wink You can buy ammo at the Market from other players or scout for it yourself
After 30 minutes of scouting you will have pretty enough of it + some stuff you can sell and for that cash get even more ammo.

If enough members of community will join that game we can gather together and go on ZED Raids Wink It's recommended to use Skype/Ventrilla or TS while such group raids, since there will hardly be time to chat.
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Thu 28 Apr - 13:49

Blah. 10 minutes of playing, a guy with a yellow name arrives, kill some zombies...and me. Sad

Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22434
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Thu 28 Apr - 14:23

I remember seeing that kind of map for Warcraft. Same graphic (well, almost. The textures used were really similar) and even the gameplay I've seen in the trailer was the same. But the map was 100% russian and i didnt understand a single word.

Besides, I dont really like to play "Walking-Backwards"-Shooter.

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Delta-Dude
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Thu 28 Apr - 15:13

Well it's just shown that way in a video.. noob guy walking backwards from zombie to evoid being hit, he have no gear and in the beginning it the only way to survive.. else how are you going to do? Run on zombie, shoot right in him and tank his hits? Okey Wink for one zombie that will do since most of the weapon got back-pushing ability.. but what if there are 40 and some of them can hit from far and for some (spider) push-back doesn't work.. well that's the only way.
Back to top Go down
WedgeAntilles
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 8559
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Thu 28 Apr - 18:29

Looks interesting. However some classes seem to be strange, because their boni are simply worse then other classes. E.g priest has 30% xp bonus, while lawyer gets the same and 100$ to start with.
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23594
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Fri 29 Apr - 1:37

Name: Faux
Character Name: vV0

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-

Last edited by vV_O on Thu 5 May - 5:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Fri 29 Apr - 3:10

Delta-Dude wrote:
Well it's just shown that way in a video.. noob guy walking backwards from zombie to evoid being hit, he have no gear and in the beginning it the only way to survive.. else how are you going to do? Run on zombie, shoot right in him and tank his hits? Okey Wink for one zombie that will do since most of the weapon got back-pushing ability.. but what if there are 40 and some of them can hit from far and for some (spider) push-back doesn't work.. well that's the only way.

I prefer the NOTD3 way: You have a team that covers you while you "retreat". Maybe its because it was the first map i played for a long time, but I still prefer this method.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Fri 29 Apr - 4:01

Namorax wrote:
Delta-Dude wrote:

I prefer the NOTD3 way: You have a team that covers you while you "retreat". Maybe its because it was the first map i played for a long time, but I still prefer this method.

notdII > notdIII

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Fri 29 Apr - 15:55

Well, I never played the 2nd NotD with a good team...

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Delta-Dude
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Fri 29 Apr - 16:45

as for me both NOTD 2 and NOTD 3 sucks, since it's only based on run run run, stop, shoot, drop items, run run run ~ and so on. From time to time team stops to kill a boss.. and then continues the boring circle-running tactic. That's why I actually prefer NOTD Aftermath. Much better terrain, abilities and game play.. yeah in solo it's much easier to stay alive in NOTD AM.. but... at least u don't look like a mouse or hamster running circles.. and use ur brains, agility and evasion skills to evade hits. Though I admit .. teamplay in NOTDA is less required then in NOTD2/3, BUT! what kind of team play is it if it's based on group running and with periodical stops for clearing ZEDs behind ya? Kinda.. lame, reminds me on mario or tetris.. not that many actions to do. But.. what both of those games are missing is my fav. real teamplay.. when you can change position only under heavy suppressive fire of your combat allies, and when you can cover your mate with fire while he's doing maneuvers, bandaging ally or changing position. (actually NOTD2/3 got smth like that.. but it's still rly lame done =/ mostly because of the terrain..)
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Sat 30 Apr - 3:24

I liked wave 3/round 3, whatever anyone called it.
NotdII was awesome for that. Air, nasty waves etc. Fun stuff.
Especially the life of a sniper or recon, dancing through buildings as the team did their round-abouts.

A good demo made the game a ball. Especially if you had the opportunity for the role. So many explosives...so many booms pirat

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4656
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Sat 30 Apr - 12:57

Meh...... This Game Wont Run on my iPad......
Back to top Go down
loop.exe
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 19672
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Sat 30 Apr - 20:54

I'm totaly addict of DF now. Name: loop

For classes: only Soldier and Athlete are correctly balanced (especially due to the amount of points/stats) (I read this in a tutorial).

Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Sat 30 Apr - 21:10

loop.exe wrote:
I'm totaly addict of DF now. Name: loop

For classes: only Soldier and Athlete are correctly balanced (especially due to the amount of points/stats) (I read this in a tutorial).

Actually Boxer is also good, 20 strength + 10 melee skill = good if you're going to use knives, blunts, razors and especially chainsaws (that's probably the best class for fast achieving chainsaw) Just suggested my friend to start Boxer, and he's already cutting zombies to death with Chainsaw Wink

Also.. if you really gonna start playing this game and not sure about which weapon is really good for your gamestyle, which char fits better for this way and what to skill - you can ask me in this thread Wink

Main thing you shouldn't do - Don't Spread Your Stats! You got to decide what weapon you're going to use, and skill stats that are primary needed for this weapon

Example:
1 - Chainsaw = need to skill Melee + Critical + Strength + Endurance
2 - Riffle = need to skill Riffle + Critical + Accuracy + Reloading
3 - Shotgun = need to skill Shotguns + Reloading + Agility + Endurance (and Accuracy just a little bit) and rest depending on which weapon you're taking second
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Sat 30 Apr - 21:34

are the graphics around the same as alien swarm? or lower? if its lower i could play it but if its >= as alien swarm then im screwd with this failing videocard....

Back to top Go down
Delta-Dude
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Sat 30 Apr - 21:35

Just try it urself Wink also u can lower it there if needed
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Sat 30 Apr - 22:00

alien swarm on lowest = 5 fps Sad

and is it a lot of solo gaming or a lot of team-based survival? because i would only like it if it was very team based.

Back to top Go down
Delta-Dude
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Sat 30 Apr - 23:41

It can be played both ways. I don't like walking alone there, usually have a mate to loot and to grind.

Game is actually divided into 2 parts. Looting/Grinding

Looting is good for solo, since there can be up to 10 people on the same location.. and if you loot - you need to be silent, using silent weapon not to cause aggro and focus on looting, and there sure will be a dickhead grinder who will run next to you, start shooting, throwing greandes and using chainsaw so that will raise aggro both for you and for him

And grinding is based on causing lots of noise attracting zombies, causing more spawns also increasing the chance of boss showing up, this is better done in team, so while one is reloading, the other one is shooting + good DPS is recommended, and more people = more crowd control.

So that's team-based tactic. U can also grind alone = more exp, but much harder, especially if boss comes (if ur not skilled that usually means death) But for example looting together is a bit more fun when u speak on skype or msn (TS/Ventrilla) rly much more fun grinding in voice and team cooperation gets much more effective.
Back to top Go down
Delta-Dude
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Sat 30 Apr - 23:46

If you have Skype or MSN post it here, can go to voice conversation playing it Wink there's even less time to chat during combat then in NOTD on convoy rush.
Back to top Go down
WedgeAntilles
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 8559
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   Sun 1 May - 5:41

I gave it a try, but it seems i fucked up from the start, by choosing one of those 30% experience classes. And when i try to create a new char, it says only allowed to create one account per computer. The game looks interesting, but im not sure if it's worth it. Seems you need to plan a lot, or you won't be able to do anything in the game. If im gonna restart im probable going to take Fireman (cause of the Axe as beginner melee) or one of the service classes to make money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier   

Back to top Go down

Dead Frontier
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next