Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

UA2 Absolute basic training.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 2613

PostSubject: UA2 Absolute basic training.   Wed 13 Apr - 7:26

So! i just got done with a game of umb and afterwords the otherguy (everyone else died -left/desynced and whatnot) thanked me for being pro as most of his games don't usually last that long because of noob teams. while i'm not the pro he thought i was (just a long time playing it and a little luck) i've decided to write the most basic and easily accessible guide i could think of!

If any pros feel like commenting and adding some things feel free! and i'll add them here.

-Basic Training Skill is something that most MoS's start out with. it increases your damage, and decreases reload and unjam times. At level 2 you gain the ability to go from single shot (your starting firing mode) to burst fire (by pressing Z H) and at level 4 you gain FULL AUTO! bewarned as fullauto chews through your ammo! and on long deployments it's wise to use burst or even single shot!

- the Z menu is your marines action abilities, these range from unjamming your weapon to turning on your night vision goggles! here's a list of the most popular Z actions

Z T = spring
Z A = unjams your weapon if it should jam
Z Z = night vision goggles
Z Q = Jump

-Zombie attacks can cause: fleshwounds, fractures, poison. (AVOID being hit at all costs, there is no such thing as tanking in a zombiegame (atleast not ua2 Razz)

-ST (southtown) is a good place for you to go if you're not too experienced in the game, it has police and sentries guarding it, plus many civillians (decoys) it is called southtown because it's in the south west region of the map (all the way to the left and most of the way down)

-pressing Z and then T enables your sprinting, while this doesnt last forever (your marine gets tired!) it's good for short "sprints" use this to quickly get away from zombies

-trees and buildings, and higher terrain BLOCK sight and prevent you from seeing zombies, it's best to stick to the roads and avoid the ruins (damaged buildings in the middle of the map) and forests.

-zombies love to come from all directions! and the best thing to do is press Z and then Q and then click somewhere behind the zombies (this is your jump skill) BEWARE there is a slight delay of about 1 second before the actual jump! you may use the jump to jump down cliffs "higher than 1 level causes damage and being stunned plus the possibility of fractures. (PROTIP: most zombies do not jump (except the Licker, Heph (Hephastus) and Minerva), but flying zombies can reach you wherever you hide!))

-flying zombies are very agile and it's recommended you run to your teamates (though they could be overwhelmed with other zombies and airmob (groups of enemies that fly could ambush and kill them.))
or run to ST or NT (north town - town in the upper northeast (left and then up all the way))

-GRENADES/BOMBS/MINES/EXPLOSIVES!

frag grenades, grenade launchers, plasma grenades, grenade skills, he grenades! do not function like AOE skills in other in warcraft 3, for one they are not instant and it takes your marines roughly a second to throw! BEWARE! YOUR MARINES DO NOT THROW GRENADES 100% ACCURATELY!! many time's i've thrown a grenade very far behind my teamates and it's actually landed right infront of us all! WHILE YOU ARE NEW TO UA2 ALWAYS USE -tl ([teamlocation] pings your teamates) and NEVER throw your grenades when your teammates are any where near your target.

EC (explosive charges) can be placed on the ground and can be detonated by being destroyed it is VERY frowned upon to place this near the area where your marines are stationed (usually towns) (PROTIP! in umb (Umbrella mode where you fight enemy marines AND zombies) umb have riflebutt automatically engaged. (riflebutt is gained at level 4 of basic training for most MoS's and is turned on by pressing Z B) so when an umb starts riflebutting the ec it explodes in his face! effectivily making ecs anti-personell mines.

MRL (rocket launcher) very powerful, decent range. LARGE EXPLOSION. recommended to use on umbs or pudges (only if they're far away ofc and not near your teamates )

-=-=-=

-Generally it's understandable to sit in ST or NT while the others go do missions. you can watch them and see how they do it and learn from them (you cannot share sight in ua2)

-Playing as the NC (navy corpsman - Medic class) is a very important job! and as a noob it's your responsability (not really, but it'd be nice to have an nc so i can play the borg (cyborg mos) and go on a killing spree!) to pick the NC as the nc heals players and revives dead ones! but be warned the NC is not a fighter, it's very frowned upon when you pick offensive skills rather than healing ones! here's a short list of nc skills

-anabolic steroids - increases firing rates of marines
-nanite injection - one large heal costing alot of mana (at level 3 this cures poisons and bone fractures, also increases the level of steroids.)
-blood transfusion - slow restore hp/restore mana (this can also improve anabolic steroids)
-revive- by far the most useful skill you have! this can only be gained at level 3.
to use revive stand next to a dead marine (find one by typing -dead(the pink ping is the dead marines) and click the icon or press R for revive. BEWARNED this ability freezes you in place (you cannot attack) and after a few seconds somewhere around 6 seconds the dead marine wakes up. BEWARE! this has a very long cooldown and costs quite a bit of mana!

-looting dead marines! it is very frowned upon to take items from a marine that has been killed (the exception being survival mode where you cannot revive marines, or if there are no NCs ingame) you can find dead marines by typing -dead or seeing a body on the ground with a blue pulsating ring around it. please don't take their items Smile they will shoot at you if they wake up.

-= A Few Good Items=-

- wc (weapons cache) [this is identified by a square block on your minimap "like a building" and can be seen upclose as a white circle. when a player touches it, the game will announce WC found. WC's are filled with various useful items. it's recommended you don't HOG items. (on umbrella mode you'll be expected to help haul all the items to NH (north hill - A hill area on the north of the map, that's right umb is all about SHARING items. Smile )

- flaregun - this provides light for a short time over the target area. (protip: it has a long range, but if you try to shoot it too far your marine will walk toward the target area untill he is able to fire the flaregun) on the plusside flareguns stun all zombies/umbrellas for a short time (they are still able to move and attack but it's much slower) combine this with a smoke grenade and it will completely freeze hostiles. they can still attack though! Smile

smoke grenade - creates a large cloud that slows down EVERYTHING (used much like a grenade, click and point, bewarned they can still attack!)

ground flare - creates a light/sight point in the target area. (confirmed on the original site to not give umb sight)

xm35mar (rifle) - improves your attack a bit (only if you're a using a rifle) and has a built in grenade launcher

ptr-5 (rifle) - increases attack damage and speed for all MoS's but not very much. (depends on your MoS) it is mostly recommended for a DM (designated marksman - sniper) so if you see one, let him know Smile!

g89 - (heavy machine gun) - this an upgrade for any MOS that uses an MG (mg - machinegunner/borg - cyborg) you can't use this at all unless you are either of these MoS's so point them out to your teamates if you spot them Smile

medkits - heals the target over time

saline - instant heal for a fixed amount of hp (also cures poison and fractures!)

This is the "current" end of this short basic tutorial! i hope you all find it helpful. excuse any errors, typos, or inconstencies. i hope some pro's will post some more powerful methods for which i may ammend this. GL(goodluck) and remember don't die!

-
http://www.undeadassault.net/guide/Main_Page

It's a link to the official ua2 site with a buncha very helpful and indepth guides.
-

-Thanks to-
WedgeAntilles - for the tip about jumping zombies!
BrickWall - for the tip about items
Illidian for creating ua2 Smile
jk2pach for setting this up on his bots
all of the ua2 players Smile

Last edited by KillWinter on Thu 14 Apr - 10:51; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot a link)
Back to top Go down
WedgeAntilles
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 8556
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: UA2 Absolute basic training.   Wed 13 Apr - 18:25

Quote :
(PROTIP: zombies do not jump, by flying zombies can reach you wherever you hide!)

Licker (or whatever that big ghoul was called again)
Minerva (big bad boss)
Back to top Go down
Brickwall
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2575

PostSubject: Re: UA2 Absolute basic training.   Thu 14 Apr - 0:10

KillWinter wrote:
At level 3 you gain the ability to go from single shot (your starting firing mode) to burst fire (by pressing Z H)
No. Burst fire is at lvl 2 basic combat training.

KillWinter wrote:
(riflebutt is gained at level 4 of basic training for most MoS's and is turned on by pressing Z B)
No. Riflebutt is gained at lvl 3 basic combat training.

Quote :
but be warned the NC is not a fighter, it's very frowned upon when you pick offensive skills rather than healing ones!
This is a matter of preference. I always pick offensive skills first, 3 lvls of basic combat training. I recommend unskilled players to do so too. Burst fire and riflebutt will increase your survival chances by a lot. A dead NC will be of no use to anyone, so help yourself before you help others.

Nanites also automatically increase the lvl of steroids.

KillWinter wrote:
ptr-5 (rifle) - increases attack damage and speed for all MoS's but not very much. (depends on your MoS) it is mostly recommended for a DM (designated marksman - sniper) so if you see one, let him know !
For all classes that use assault rifle, ghost and DM. I think Detachment Commander can use it too(I never pick DC so).

KillWinter wrote:
combine this with a smoke grenade and it will completely freeze hostiles
To clarify, they do indeed freeze. Only movement speed goes to zero though. They can still attack.

KillWinter wrote:
smoke grenade - creates a large cloud that slows down EVERYTHING (used much like a grenade, click and point)
Smoke grenades only slows down walking(running or whatever) and hoovering/floating units. Smoke grenades do not slow Flying units.

WedgeAntilles wrote:
Quote :
(PROTIP: zombies do not jump, by flying zombies can reach you wherever you hide!)

Licker (or whatever that big ghoul was called again)
Minerva (big bad boss)
Heph also jumps.

Last edited by Brickwall on Mon 18 Apr - 23:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 2613

PostSubject: Re: UA2 Absolute basic training.   Thu 14 Apr - 10:54

Thanks for the tips Brick! i've ammended the guide as such.

about the NC it's ultimately preference. i personally go combat, and first level res. then worry about the rest. but i wanted to noobs to get in the habit of healing first Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UA2 Absolute basic training.   

Back to top Go down

UA2 Absolute basic training.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1