Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

ZAF Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 2494

PostSubject: ZAF Guide   Mon 11 Apr - 17:43

There's a lot of work but i think i can start. If you don't mind i wanna reserve some post after the first one, just in case. Ofc i can also edit the first one but i probably prefer use different posts for make the guide more clear.

----

Class & Weapon Skills:

1) Armsdealer (start with crowbar - searching time for houses and cars reduced by 1; can open crates): Machine +1 - Shotgun +1 - Pistol +1 - Sniper +1 | need metal

2) Demolitions: Flamer +2 - Bombs +2 | need metal

3) Detachment Commander: Shotgun +2 | need electronics

4) Field Operation: machine +1 - pistol +1 - melee +1 | need electronics

5) Forward Observer: Sniper +2

6) Medic: Machine +1 - Melee +1

7) Pioneer: Bombs +1 | need metal and electronics

8) SAS Marine (can't pick flamethrowers): Machine +2 - Melee +2

9) Scientist: Flamer +1 | need metal and electronics

*All Class start with Uzi Weapon Skill at 5 (max level) and level 1 in all the other Weapon Skills

----

[FAQ]

1) How your Weapon Skill goes up?

You have to attack with that weapon. For example: attack with Knife, boost your Melee. Shoot with Sub Machine Gun, boost your Machine and so on.

The only exception is for Bombs. There's no such weapon as Bombs but Landmine and Cluster Rockets (skill), Grenades and Fuel (item) and Rocket Launcher (*) are considered Bombs. Landmine and Cluster Rockets are skills, but actually (we probably change this in the new version) do not boost your Bombs skill. Anyway Landmine and Cluster Rockets, do not modify the base-damage with more level in Bombs. Also leveling Landmine with skill-level-point, reduced the cooldown and mana cost, not the damage. Grenades are not weapon but item. Also Fuel is an item: ammo for Fame/Acidthrower; fuel for vehicle; and you can use it for plant it as bomb. Don't do it NEVER. Is totally dangerous and the damage is too low, plus the Demo or anyway the Flame-user need it. Also, as the Landmine, plant Fuel as bomb do not leveling your Weapon Skill level. (*) Rocket Launcher actually is a weapon but it's a special one. You can't trolling around with a Rocket Launcher, is basically a Secondary Weapon for very extraordinary situation. Grenades and Rocket Launcher belong to Demolitions because this class is Rocket Launcher (and Flamethrower) dependent and he do the most damage with that. Nades can also be used by Pioneer (still the Demo must have more Nades then the Pioneer). Anyway Grenades are rare and waste it is really a shame. Try to level Bombs is not worthy. But a wise Pioneer/Demo with lots of luck can try to reach +1 in Bombs before the Boss-time but keeping lots of firepower for the final battle (1-2 rocket at least; 9 or more Nades left for the Boss - basically you must find something like 5+ Rockets and 20+ Grenades for use them before the Boss).

Is better if you decides which weapon you want at the start.

2) I must leveling my weapon skill?

You should choose one weapon among your best skill weapon level. Anyway if you have a Sniper with skill level 1 in Sniper weapon..well is not a big deal. There's only one problem, don't be greedy, be useful for your team. A Forward Observer is looking for a Sniper? You must give it to him, he have the priority. A SAS have a Chainsaw as Primary Weapon but no Secondary and the Boss time are coming? He totally need the Sniper more then you. The team run out of Sniper Ammo? You should choose something else and change your weapon and let the most leveled Weapon Skill players use the Sniper.

I have already told you about the Bombs and why is better if you keep the Grenades for life or death situation and for the Boss. Throw a Nades to a Flinger when a SAS with Chainsaw or Demo with Flamethrower his near is both stupid, waste and dangerous.

3) When i load, my level in Weapon Skill is save from my previous game?

No. Your code save only the XP.

4) Why SAS Marine can't pick the Flamethrower?

For the Head Shot skill. The skill proc with the Flamethrower and without this restriction, SAS Marine with flame is OVER 9000. And the other class and weapon just useless.

Why? Well..Flamethrower is not so good as you can think. There's should be ONLY 1 Flamethrower player each game. Flamethrower leach lots of Fuel, some newbie/teamkiller always waste Fuel plant it as bomb and other newbie love trolling around in car with no real purpose and all the Fuel is easily gone. Even when no one waste Fuel, you probably run out of ammo. I saw only few game (and with a very good team) whit Fuel in surplus. Anyway the Flamethrower is the most short range weapon in game (except for Knife and Chainsaw :|) and for this reason is bloody dangerous. Also you can't ever kill an Ignites full like with Flamethrower, except if you get some ally with you but if you are alone, well, have a nice explosion mate. Plus Flamethrower make you very slower in movement speed. For the low range and the slow ms, Flamethrower is also useless against the Boss. And guess what? Boss have 80% fire resistance thanks for the Cuirass. But still over power if the SAS can use it and this is because the Flamethrower attack speed is just amazing and if you can use Head Shot, you can easily burn everything. This is why SAS can't carry Flamethrower.

5) Which weapon should i take with SAS Marine?

The +2 Machine, give you a good start but if you plan to use MG or Minigun, think again. MG is good only when there's no Shroom around. Minigun...is a suicide choice. Minigun belong to Medic (Machine +1 and Swiftness skill). Also if you really like the weapon you can use Field Operation (+1 Machine and Sprint skill) or Forward Observer (Sprint skill...but you really wanna waste a +2 Sniper weapon skill? Don't do it..). Also Minigun innit so good against the Boss. And well..if you aren't a Medic full Swiftness or you are not so good with Field Operation or Forward Observer, you just committed a mass team killing at the boss, good job.

SAS Marine should go for Chainsaw but wait. Only ONE Chainsaw for game. Why? 2 Motor for build one, that's why. You need luck just for make one Chainsaw. The first 2 Motor of the game should go to the SAS Marine-Chainsaw-builder. In one game you can have lot's of SAS, so...who's gonna be the Chainsawmaker? The most leveled one. The Chainsaw belong to him. Have a Chainsaw put you in a very hard position, you must go for the Hive, do basically all the side quest alone, you must deal with all the Meat Flinger (6 at the last night and various during the other nights) and so on. Plus you have to know how to use all your active skill and when; how to fight the Glutton; how to deal with (my nemesis) the Tentacles and the Root.

So what's remain? All the other weapon. Wanna a tip? The Sniper. Yes you start with skill level 1 but you have the Head Shot. Sniper belong to: Forward Observer (Sniper +2); SAS Marine (Head Shot skill); Armsdealer (Sniper +1). SAS is actually better then Armsdelaer thanks for the Head Shot skill. Plus Sniper is the best weapon in game. Is the anti-boss (standard) weapon. But you have to learn how to use that because the attack speed is slow.

6) I should go for Acidthrower? Also, I can't find it, where is?

Your team MUST go for the Acidthrower, still the Acidthrower is not for you unless you are the Demolitions or the Scientist. Demolitions have more Weapon Skill then Scientist and is basically better if the Acidthrower go to him. Anyway is weapon for the Scientist for the bonus stat +3 Battery. On second thought you can use the Acidthrower only near the Boss time (if you are good and lucky, during the day time before the last night). So the +3 Battery bonus doesn't make the Acidthrower belong to the Scientist. Also the Scientist is probably unable to do the Vial quest. Even with a Demo and a Scientist the Acidthrower must belong to one real expert player because his way to kill easy the Boss. You can't find or build an Acidthrower. Acidthrower is a quest reward, the Vial quest reward. You have to wait until the vial spawn at HQ then use the Vial on 10 zombies and protect them for 30 seconds. Then all your team get XP bonus, Battery stat bonus and the Acidthrower. Basically the Acidthrower is an upgrade of the Flamethrower and after the first hit, the Boss start to lose the Cuirass (no matter how many time you hit him). The Cuirass all the full bonus of the Cuirass still on till the item is vanished.

7) I keep missing, QQ. What can I do?

Weapon Skill level make sure you chance to hit is better. If your Weapon Skill is low or if the situation allow you to do it, press the Extra Action button then go Prone. Lot's of player ignore the Prone button but is actually good. Your chance to miss decrease and you can improve your Weapon Skill level in the meanwhile. Also, if your arm is broken you probably gonna miss more often. When the Wolf use Jump is almost impossible for you to hit them.

8) How can i see my Weapon Skill level and my progression?

Type -mb then click on Weapon. The scoreboard change and now you can see your personal Weapon Skill level for all the weapon and the progression bar. Also in your status you can see an icon with a Star (to one from five stars): that's your current level with the weapon you carry at the moment.

9) Is better Uzi or This-or-That-weapon?

Uzi sucks, live with it.

Last edited by Nalut on Thu 5 May - 16:00; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Class, Skills, bonus/malus and material/weapon required   Mon 11 Apr - 17:43

----

Class, Skills, bonus/malus and material/weapon required:

1) Armsdealer: Machinegun Ammo (1 metal) | Kleptomaniac (passive) | Sniper Ammo (1 Metal) | Pistol Ammo (1 Metal) | Shotgun Ammo (1 Metal)

2) Demolitions: Flame Burst (required Flamethrower) | Landmine (1 metal) | Cluster Rockets (required Rocket Launcher) | Napalm | Air Strike (12 Electronics & Radio)

3) Detachment Commander: Order | Stealth (1 Electronic) | Concentrated Fire | Leadership (passive aura) | Enlist Farmers (passive)

4) Field Operation: Radio (4 Electronics & Radio) | Smoke Bomb | Sprint | Flare Gun | Guard Dog

5) Forward Observer: First Aid | Call Air Support (6 Electronics & Radio) | Sprint | Flare Gun | Guard Dog

6) Medic (heal bonus +25 hp when use the item Medikit on an ally or on him self; Can't carry Nano Vest or additional Backpack): Medikit | Antibiotics | Painkiller | Swiftness (passive) | Revive

7) Pioneer: Sentry Gun (1 metal) | Landmine (1 metal) | Barricades (1 metal) | Repair | Refine Fuel (1 Electronic)

8) SAS Marine (can't pick Flamethrowers): First Aid | Smoke Bomb | Armor Expansion (passive) | Head Shot (passive - can proc whit all attack) | Toughness (passive)

9) Scientist (start with 0 battery/intelligence stat no matter the level and with 0/3000 mana): Reuse Metal (destroy the weapon you carry for 1 metal) | Radar (4 Electronics & 3 metal) | Ion Cannon (30 Electronics) | Big Gun Turret (5 Metal) | Purify

----

* All class start with Uzi (30 ammo), 200 Machinegun Ammo and 5 Metals. Also all players have a Knife: For use the Knife you have to drop all your primary and secondary weapon.

The first high level who load his code start with the Radio.

After choosing your class you have to choose your Vest and 1 Extrasupport (see below in the next post).

As you can see only the class below use metal:

1) Armsdealer

2) Demolitions

3) Pioneer

4) Scientist

The other five class do NOT use Metal for anything.

Build this item require Metal:

Super Shotgun: 1 Metal; 1 Motor; 2 Piercing Rounds; Shotgun

Minigun: 1 Metal; 1 Motor, Sub Machine Gun; Machine Gun

Chainsaw: 2 Metal; 2 Electronics; 2 Motor

Upgrade the Jeep with a Mortar required: 3 Metal; 5 Electronics; a Jeep

If you don't think to go for Super Shotgun, Minigun, Chainsaw or take a Jeep and upgrade it and you aren't a Pioneer/Demolitions/Armsdealer/Scientist you DO NOT use Metal at all.

Sometimes you can find Survivors around the map. Actually you get a radio transmission for all the Survivors when they appear excepted for the Engineers. If you find an Engineer you can use him for build Barricades for 1 Metal (same as Pioneer but at cost mana 0). Engineers can also use Repair skill but for mana cost.

There's no other Metal application. This is why you must give all your metal to the other class as soon as you have it/find it.

Anyway, go for the Super Shotgun makes sense only if you are a Detachment Commander; the Chainsaw should belong to the SAS Marine (+2 Melee; and all the skills make him the perfect tank/meat-grinder you need for reach the Boss or stay keep zombies busy in Survival mode); about the Minigun, well...there's no reason for make one, because is not vital as Chainsaw and he's a dangerous weapon for you and your team (10 second reload; -25% MS/AS) but this not the point. In fact, I think Minigun rox on Medic but no reason for create one because if you find the Sheriff, you find a Minigun. Well actually, when you find a Sheriff he just give you a Shotgun and some Shotgun ammo (when you find him if the side quest is on) but when the Sheriff die, he drop the Minigun and some Machine Ammo. There's NO reason for kill the Sheriff for get the Minigun. Sheriff have infinite ammo with NO reload, he's a big support for your team. Great for do the hive (in fact if you find it you must give him to the SAS Chainsawmaker till the Hive is alive). Sheriff can come handy against Meat Flinger and Glutton; use him as long as you can then take the Minigun from his body. Another reason for not killing him is because Minigun can be dropped by Glutton and from the Meat Flinger at Bridge (side quest).

And what about the Jeep upgrade? No worthy. Ok if you have enough resources, Motor, Fuel and time you can do it but use a vehicle is not for fun (ok can be funny but you have to be wise, is not for trolling around anyway). The Mortar attack automatically one random enemy in range, even if no one is in the Jeep (this actually good and also lame xD). But we have to be practical: Jeep can handle normal zombies but if the come in large group is useless. Also have low hp and armor (2000 hp and 0 Structures Armor) compare to the Bus. I prefer ride the Jeep because is faster but waste so much time for get a Mortart is not worthy. On second thought if you can make the Mortar with no significant lost (of time/Fuel/and pre-requirements) and you also have some Engineers/Pioneer for repair the Jeep is a potential good idea. The point is: if you ignore your real priority and go for a vehicle and or Jeep with Mortar because you think is cool, you doing it wrong, think again.

The Pioneer is actually the only class who is useless with no Metal. Pioneer use Electronics only for support who have the Flame/Acidthrower but with no Metal is totally harmless. Of course he need also lots of mana for build up a nice defense and use all the metal. Have lots of Electronics can also be handy if the Pioneer got the Battery Expainsion II. Anyway a low level Pioneer no need metal and is basically useless. After level 10 he can be handy and need the support (via Metal) from all the team.

The Armsdealer have only a support purpose with his skills. He must choose wise which ammo make if his level is low. Better give priority for the Sniper. But if there isn't any Sniper in game or just one or 2 the normal supplies can be enough. He can keep 2 or 4 Metal but he don't have any need for more, ofc he can always ask for metal when the team need ammo.

The Demolitions use Metal only for is Landmine. Do not underestimate them, Landmine can be very handy. Of course only if the Demo is wise. Landmine can kill himself or the rest of team. But you can spot a stupid Demo (or Pioneer) easy...I just hope you can spot him in time. By the way, Glutton are prey for the Landmines and if you really know what to do, even against the Boss. Havoc do not trigger mine -.- but napalm do..so mine + napalm and look how much hot the Havoc can be :). On second thought, use Landmine against Meat Flinger and the Hive is mostly a suicide action. As i said, you must know what to do with Bombs. Bombs are not for rookie.

The Scientist IS harmless. But do not underestimate him, in a good hand can be a very (VERY) supportive. Anyway he need bots Metal and Electronics. Hopefully he can also destroy one weapon (Uzi for instance) for receive 1 Metal but he need mana for do that. Radar is great for have a mana boost and the Big Gun Turret is a good weapon if you have enough pistol ammo, especially if some players still have only Uzi. By the way Scientist should be for players level 10+ because basically you can't do anything if you haven't enough level. I'm also see a level 1 Scientist do a great job, reach the Boss with my team and end the game at level 11. But don't fool your self, is not something you see every day.

----

[FAQ]

1) I don't have Metal or Electronics! How can I give metal to another player? And what are they?

You have the Metal, I have already tell you. You start with 5 Metal. In fact Metal is the same thing as Lumber/Wood in Warcraft. Press F11, or your Allyboard and click give it to the other player. Just do it! And if you find more Metal, repeat the operation.

Electronics are the same thing as Gold in Warcraft. You start with 0 Electronics. When and if you get some Electronics give them to players who actually need them.

2) How can find Electronics and Metal?

There's only two way to have Electronics: search and take it from the Power Plant side quest reward. If the Power Plant side quest pop up, you can't search houses anymore till you fix the PP. After you or your team fix the PP all you get a bonus XP and 1 Electronic. So remember to give it to some one who actually can use it. Anyway the easy way to have Electronics is searching houses. There's also the third way to get Electronics, in fact the Scientist have a chance to receive some Electronics based on his Radar level skill and number of Radars when he build one.

For the Metal is different. Beside the 5 starter Metal you can find Ore around the map. There's three kind of Ore: Iron Ore (+1 Metal); Silver Ore (+3 Metal); Gold Ore (+5 Metal). You can also can receive a Radio Transmission about some new Metal Deposit founded around the map (a ping show you where exactly). In this case you found (:O) at least three Gold Ore (so you basically found +15 Metal in a row). Also the Scientist can destroy one weapon (the one is caring) and receive 1 Metal, using mana for do that.

3) How do I search?

You probably noticed some white circle near some house and cars. Put your soldier in the circle then press the Extra Action button, now press the Special Action button (the icon is a white circle so you can't mess up). Now you are searching. A countdown appear on your head, in the meanwhile you can't do other action. So watch out because if zombies come you are literally a piece of cake for them. Lots of new player die searching. Just STOP the action and defend your self. For stop one searching action, press the T, or the Stop button. After that you have to search again from the beginning but at least you are alive to do that. After you search (and the countdown reach 0) something the white circle disappear. You or you Team can't search two times in the same circle. Is better have some cover when you search.

4) Can I press the Sprint button for stop the searching action?

No. And i don't get why lots of people try to do that. Just press the Stop button. Sprint work only for get a sprint and run faster and you need 5 Rage points for do that anyway.

5) How can I have cover when I search for Electronics or Motor or other stuff?

First of all..why are you searching? No really. Don't do it just because you think is fun :|, please. Second of all you don't need four member of your team for search a car :|. You should waste time searching only if you do whit a real purpose. Anyway just one single team member can search enough Electronics during the first day/night for the whole game. Collaborate is the key to win and searching is boring and can be dangerous. Now, if you are a Detachment Commander whit the Farmer-Army build you have to search some house, also if you have a Scientist in team he probably need some Electronics. By the way, in sure you know why you need to search so I help you to do this in best way possible. At start you can search something with ONE member of your team covering you. But gosh one not 20. If you find the Sheriff he can cover you and if some one else found him you can simply ask him if you can have the Sheriff assistance for a while. If the SAS Chainsawmaker have problem for find the Motors he need the Sheriff assistance. The Detachment Commander is probably fine after he found 1 or 2 Farmers. If you have the Nano Vest (see the Vest section post) you can easily search with no problem: just use your Nano Stealth then search. Yes zombies come to you anyway...they..smell you..but they don't attack you anyway (yes is true and is totally awesome). If you are a SAS Marine or Field Opereration you can use the Smoke Bomb skill and cover your self in the fog. SAS can also absorb the damage with the Armor Expansion skill so he can take some hit during the searching and he should be fine, just be careful. Pioneer can waste metal to put a Turret for have cover but really..don't do that is totally a waste of Metal/mana. But sometimes you can/have to do that (*see below). There's also another option for get cover if you have the Field Operation. If you have already the Radio (skill) active, you can use your units for get cover but it's really not worthy. Also the Field Operation and the Foward Observer can use the Dog Guard (skill) for buy some time or even kill some zombies during the day. The Demolitions is great for searching: need cover? Burn all the ground around you :D! No, seriously, find some specific place and use your Napalm for block the zone where the zombies can reach you and attack you. Except some some place whit no obstacle all around you, this method grant you full cover during the day and mostly during the night too. Anyway the only reason because one Demo start to search is just for help some other team mate like the SAS Chainsawmaker. Yes he need 12 Electronics for the Air Strike but if you really wanna do that and you have a reason to do that, use that building when you have some one like The Detachment Commander and one High level Scientist who actually build lots of Radar. Last tips is about the City: the police cover you and you receive cover even for the car outside the City at the left and the fist house in the south (this last two can be tricky). Inside the City you should be fine, the police keep patrol the area. There also some other spot when you get cover from npc structures/units such as: the Hospital at the Farm; the Water Purification (some house at least); the Garage; the north Air Coolant Reactor. By the way the Search-House side quest is bugged (we probably fix that in the next version) so you can search but you get any reward from the quest.

6) So many circle! What's the different and why some circle are bigger?

We can start from the car. You see a Car, you go in the white circle and you search. You are searching a car :|. Well duh. Anyway the countdown is gray and you have to wait 20 second before the search is over. In a car you can't find Electronics. Never. You search a car for the Motor. You can find only +1 Motor or nothing. Anyway the Armsdealer whit Kleptomaniac, have a chance to find 1 random Ammo item (means 1 single stock of Ammo) or 2 random Ammo item (if the skill level is 10) in addiction of the Motor. The Armsdealer have also the same chance when he look for Electronics. This other white circle are for Electronics: house, office, hospital, police station, gas station, electric system and shelves. All of this circle give you also a random chance (no matter which class are you or which skills you have) to find Alcohol (Beer). Also the Detachment Commander whit Enlist Farmers have a chance to find, in addiction of Electronics and Alcohol, 1 Farmer or 2 Farmer (if the skill is level 10) but only if he search in houses. The Farmers are unit controlled by the Detachment Commander. Now what about the big white circle? They are for side quest or for the radiation system. The Power Plant don't show you the big white circle until the side quest Fix the Power Plant appear. Then you find the big white circle and you have to use the Special Action 9 times (20 seconds each action). You can search whit other players at the same times! The two Air Coolant Reactor show the white circle only when the quest appear, and you need two players (or two players and some cover) for do that. Both players have to stay inside the circle then one start the Special Action. The other one have to stay in hold position inside the circle for 30 seconds. The north area is actually covered by police so is wise if the player from north start the channeling. If the police is down the Sheriff can cover the one who start the Special Action. Use three players for do this quest is a waste of time. The Water Purification Plant is special. Sometimes you have a side quest to do here (but is actually bugged so you do not receive XP from that quest): the water is to much toxic so you have to purify the water. Even if you don't receive XP you probably should do that because when is toxic you got infected when walk near the water, also because you must keep the radiation level down. Anyway you can purify the water often, actually you must do that. In fact the big white circle (just after the tunnel) appear often. The channeling time is 30 seconds for both, side quest or normal routine purify. In a Normal game you can do it even three/four time. Basically after some one purify the water, the radiation go down a little in some times. After a while you can do it again. By the way do it during the last night is both useless and reckless. *The Pioneer can put some turret (two or three) at the Water Purification Plant, this come really handy. Also if he have to do the side quest alone or he have to leave one player alone, he can put two or three turret in the parking lot inside the Power Plant (but only if there's no other cover and the team need the side quest completed). The Demolitions can purify the water using the Napalm in the tunnel or with a Landmine (or both). If the Farmer is alive you should have any problem. Otherwise one Landmine in the tunnel and Napalm in the other way. Tell your team when you put a Landmine down -.- and by the way the command -m give a map ping from your and other Team players Landmine.

7) What's the countdown for searching stuff and do the side quest related?

20 seconds for searching Motor.

30 seconds for searching Electronics.

30 seconds for fix the Air Coolant Reactor, while the other player keep hold position inside the other circle.

30 seconds for purify the water at the Water Purification Plant.

30 seconds x 9 times for fix the Power Plant but more then one player can participate for fix it at the same time.

8) Can I have a boost for search faster?

Yes, but only for search Electronics and Car. If you have a Crowbar your countdown decrees by 1. If you use a Laptop (see the item in the item post) you reduce the time by 10.

9) Laptop and Crowbar stuck?

Yes they do; 11 seconds less.

10) How can I find a Crowbar?

In each game 1 Crowbar is located in a particular spot. Look at HQ or in near the parking lot at the right from the Bridge (south of the map). By the way the Armsdealer start the game with a Crowbar.

11) So..i have to give my metal to players who can actually use it?

For cry at loud....YES! YOU MUST!

Last edited by Nalut on Wed 13 Apr - 22:01; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Vest, Exstrasupport, Items   Mon 11 Apr - 17:43

----

Vest:

1) Light (Speed) - Armor 0 (damage reduction 0%) | 10% movement speed faster then Heavy vest

2) Heavy (Protection) - Armor +5 (damage reduction 23%)

3) Fireproof (Resistance) - Armor 0 (damage reduction 0%) | Resistance fire 60%

4) Nano (Stealth) - Armor 0 (damage reduction 0%) | Stealh mode for 40 seconds (you can everything expect attack, use item, or cast skill, you still be invisible during the casting time if the skill have one); 240 seconds cooldown, mana cost 80 - Medic Can't carry Nano Vest

----

After choosing your class you have to choose your Vest.

You base Vest give you*:

75% vs Flesh

75% vs Bullets

100% vs Claw

100% vs Fire

100% vs Steal

125% vs Piercing Bullets

(*I explain this values in a post later).

Remember one thing, all kind of Vest give you 0% damage reduction, except for the Heavy Vest (23% damage reduction). All kind of Vest give you 100% damage from fire expect for the Fireproof Vest (60% damage reduction from fire). The movement speed base is the same for all the Vest, except for the Light Vest (10% movement speed bonus). The Nano Vest is the only one who actually have an activate extra ability; you can use it pressing the Extra Button, then pressing the Nano Stealth button.

----

Extrasupport:

1) Backpack - additional backpack whit 1 inventory slot bonus - +1 slot/10 level (level 50 = 6 normal slot + 6 backpack slot) - Medic can't carry additional backpack - you can't carry additional backpack with Nano Vest

2) 400 Ammo (Machinegun Ammo)

3) 2 Medikits & Laptop | Medikit: Non-combat Consumable; heal 350 hp over seconds; | Laptop: Non-combat Consumable; 40 mana over 80 sec; searching time for houses (30 seconds base) and cars (20 seconds base) reduced by 10; stuck with crowbar; detect every enemy units in stealh mode with a ping in the map (pvp version)

4) Piercing Rounds

5) 3 Grenades (700 damage + 100 x level bomb)

* All class start with Uzi (30 ammo), 200 machinegun ammo and 5 metals. Also all players have a knife, for use the knife you have to drop all your primary and secondary weapon.

----

After you choose your class and your Vest you can choose your Extrasupport.

And now some tips:

What about the 400 Ammo (Machinegun Ammo)?

They suck, worst choice ever. Armsdealer can make you ammo that ammo; Machinegun Ammo is absolutely easy to find around. They also stuck in stock of 600. You already start with 200 Machinegun Ammo. Sometime you receive a Radio Transmission about some ammo support delivery from the Chopper and you can see the ping in the map. This delivery have always one or more Machinegun Ammo clips. The standard amount for Machinegun Ammo is 200. You also receive Ammo at the Main Priority Object (the green HQ cross or if you are defending the City, the blue Police Station cross) and again you always find Machinegun Ammo in there. Last and more important, Machinegun Ammo are only for Uzi, SMG, MG and Minigun. And they all suck except for the Minigun but only if you are a Medic with Swiftness. And of course, medal can be used to receive additional ammo at the Main Priority Object (if you have a medal, type -medal then Extra Ammo). Extra Ammo medal must be your choice for the last night (except some very rare case, anyway Day Longer is useless at the last night because there's no day after) and probably even for the night before the last one (if you don't take Day Longer, which can be handy this time and vital for the first medal choice). By the way, when you get a Minigun drop from Glutton/Meat Flinger at the Bridge or after the Sheriff's death, you also find 2 clips of Machinegun Ammo (400 Ammo). Even whit Minigun is your not gonna be out of Ammo. Machinegun Ammo are so lame then you probably gonna drop your 200 starting Ammo for have 1 slot free and take something better. So why waste your Extrasupport? No reason.

What about the 2 Medikits & Laptop?

In the .01 this option worth you 2 Medikits. Laptop is actually a new item from 02 and Jaakko decided to give us this little extra bonus for this option. So first i wanna talk you about the 2 Medikits. This actually a good choice. Medikit stuck in group of 2, you receive two Medikit in one stock. They are vital. Ok if you get hit you lost the healing factor but if stay cool and wait the right moment you gonna be fine. One Medikit can save your life. Especially because Medic can heal you immediately; they need 15 seconds to create one Medikit, then he have to use the item and select you or him self. Only SAS Marine and Forward Observer can actually have a fast heal (3 seconds casting time), thanks to the First Aid skill but is only on self. By the way the only way to cure broken leg and/or arm is by using a Medikit. A broken leg can cost you your life and the life of your team. Maybe you do not gonna use them or maybe you can use that Medikits for rush the Hive, anyway you can always bring them to the base and share it with your team. Have all your base surrender by Medikits is a way better then surrender by zombies. Whit this choice you can think for your team.

Now, what about the Laptop? Well..it's like have a cookie after a cake. You can use for some mana extra, especially if you are the Scientist. Plus is great if you have to find Electronics, Farmers (if you are a Detachment Commander) or Motors. If you have a SAS Marine and you need the Chainsaw, or if you wanna help your ally SAS to make a Chainsaw you can always go for this option. Also, if you wanna help your ally Scientist you can keep the Laptop for him.

Anyway this choice can be also tricky, especially if you have the Radio. Six inventory slot (+1 for the secondary weapon) and you start whit 1 Uzi, 1 Machinegun Ammo (200 Ammo) then 1 stock of Medikits (2 Medikits) and 1 Laptop. So you just have two free slot and if you have the Radio, just one free slot (+1 for the Secondary Weapon). So, yes is a good choice but is better if you know you have to search since the game start and if you know you gonna need the Medikits. If you have 3 Medikits in team you can probably avoid this option. By the way your team is suppose to bring Medkits from the Hospitals (Farmer and City). Laptop can be traded for Electronics at the Offices zone but you can easily find it around the map and basically you survive without them. Anyway, Laptop stuck in stock of 2 but the Extrasupport give you only 1 Laptop.

What about the Piercing Rounds?

Useless choice unless your go for the Super Shotgun, since you need two of them so start with one can be good. You can find the Piercing Rounds as rare drop around the map, they can be dropped by the Meat Flinger at the Bridge (side quest) and also is a rare drop from the Chopper Ammo supply (Radio Transmission around the map; Radio Transmission at the main point; Medal Extra Ammo). The item per se is just a +7 damage. So you waste one slot for +7 damage? Really no reason. Ok +7 damage whit a Flame should be great but they are Piercing Rounds, you can only use them whit weapon who actually use bullets. If you have the Piercing Round whit Flamethrower or Chainsaw they just be disable till you change your weapon with something bullets dependent. By the way if you find one around and you have slots free, ofc take them. Considered this option only if you wanna try to make the Super Shotgun faster. Also the Laptop can be useful if you wanna go for the Super Shotgun..so is up to you.

What about the 3 Grenades?

Very good option. Grenades are rare and stuck in a stock maximum stock of 10 and the standard stock is 3. But this is a good option only if you do it for the team. Grenades belong to Demolitions (first) and Pioneer. Also you must not waste the Nades till the Boss time or some very rare life of death situation. I like this option even more then the Medikits but you have to know what to with that. Take that if you are Demolitions or Pioneer, or if you plan to give it to them. Maybe keep 1 or 3 in prevision of some dangerous situation then give the rest at the Bombs specialist. Grenades can kill your team mates and even you if you toss one badly or also destroy Turret or other important structures, even then main object. So be careful! By the way Grenades are a rare drop exactly like the Piercing Rounds but you really gonna use the Nades they are very effective. I always hope to find one stock when the Chopper leave the supplies. More Nades you find, more chance your team have to survive...if they are in the right hands.

What about the Backpack?

This option deserves something special, this is why is the last in my guide. You can find all the other Extrasupport somehow but you have only this chance to the the Backup. This item is great and also special. Is the only one level dependent: you start with +1 inventory in your Backpack then you get +1 each 10 levels. In total you get 6 (+1) slots plus 6 slots from the Backup at level 50. One thing: your inventory is actually called backup but it's different. When you try to pick one Flamethrower as Secondary Weapon you read the message "You can't carry a Flamethrower in your backpack". Well..actually you can, at least in your Backpack (Extrasupport). Is suggest to change the message already because you can't carry a Flamethrower as Secondary Weapon, that's it. When you choose the Backup you got another icon hero (as a Backpack) and you can put your item in there. You can also grab it directly with the Backup but you have to stay very close to them. More important, you can actually carry lot's of weapon in there. If you don't have a Backpack, you can only take two weapon: the Primary and the Secondary. Even if you don't wanna use other weapons you can't carry that with you. With the Backpack, you can. So you can take weapon for your Team mate! I always do that in fact. Since I have to do stuff around the map, sometimes even for long time, I can search for weapons when my Team defend the main object. Anyway this option is wasted if you take it when you are low level and even more wasted if you don't need the extra inventory and you don't have to search for weapons and items. Is actually very good for Field Operation and Forward Observer because they suppose to be outside for a while and looking for supplies. Some class build no need so much slots: if you are the SAS Chainsawmaker you don't really need the Backpack unless you plan to looking for supplies for your Team. Other class like the Demolitions, need lots of inventory: Flamethrower/Rocket Launcher (1 slot +1 as Secondary Weapon), 1 stock of Rockets (standard stock is 2, max stock is 3), 1 Battery Expansion/Battery Expansion II (better if you get the upgrade but a normal Battery Expansion it's ok), 1 stock of Grenades and at least 2 stock of Fuel (1 standard stock is 800, max stock is 1600 and if you have the Flamethrower you should have always 3.2k Fuel at least with you). As you can see you are out of slots and maybe you need another slot if you have to do the Vial side quest, also have one Medikit can be useful. I don't say you must take the Backpack if you are a Demolitions; not at all. If you haven't the Radio is a problem less. You can survive even if you haven't a Battery Expansion so you can maybe carry with you a Flamethrower with 2 or 3 Fuel stock, 1 stuck of Grenades and the Rocket Launcher as Secondary Weapon. Probably in Survival you not gonna use the Backpack unless you plan to run around and search for supplies during the night (if you do it, you are a Hero..or a fool). I say you can always consider this option when you are level 10+ and if you are Field Operation and Forward Observer. By the way you can't have a Backpack if you are a Medic and also you if you choose the Nano Vest you can't have the Backpack.

----

[FAQ]

1) Can I give you some of my X (random item like Machinegun Ammo) but not the entire stock?

Yes, you have to type -x Y when x is the number of your inventory slot and Y the amount you wanna drop on the ground, then your Team mate can take it from there.

Example: I have 200 Machinegun Ammo and I wanna give you 50 clips and keep 150 for me. My Machinegun Ammo are located in the 3rd inventory slot. I have to type -3 50 and 1 stock of 50 Machinegun Ammo are now on the ground when I still have 150 Machinegun Ammo in mine 3rd slot.

2) How can I know which number corresponds which slot?

This is your inventory:

1 2
3 4
5 6

Last edited by Nalut on Wed 13 Apr - 8:39; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Mon 11 Apr - 17:44

*reserved for zombies*

Last edited by Nalut on Mon 11 Apr - 19:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Mon 11 Apr - 17:44

*reserved for quest/side quest in normal mode*
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Mon 11 Apr - 19:53

*reserved for survial mode*
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Mon 11 Apr - 19:54

*reserved for kill havoc mode*
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Mon 11 Apr - 19:55

*reserved for pvp mode*
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Mon 11 Apr - 19:55

*reserved for class build*
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Mon 11 Apr - 21:06

*reserved for random guide facts 1*
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Mon 11 Apr - 21:58

*reserved for random guide facts 2*
Back to top Go down
nqp
Sergeant
Sergeant

Activity Points : 3289
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Tue 12 Apr - 9:59

KNIFE SKILL FTW!
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36334
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Tue 12 Apr - 10:41

Nalut wrote:
The only exception is for Bombs. There's no suck weapon as Bombs but Landmine and Cluster Rockets (skill), Grenades and Fuel (item) and Rocket Launcher (*) are

/rofled when i read this xD

Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Tue 12 Apr - 20:45

wizzitje wrote:
Nalut wrote:
The only exception is for Bombs. There's no suck weapon as Bombs but Landmine and Cluster Rockets (skill), Grenades and Fuel (item) and Rocket Launcher (*) are

/rofled when i read this xD

Ups...some errors can happens Smile
Back to top Go down
Spartan
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3205

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Sat 16 Apr - 0:51

999 : What if i die and the number goes to 0?

You die forever save , leave , and continue on with ur life.

1000 : Why is the game soooo hard?

To slay you newbs to an eternity of nubness.

1001 : Wahhhhhh!

Thats right cry the hell out of ur eyes.

1002 : Fuck you!

I know u fucked urself.
Back to top Go down
Nalut
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Sat 16 Apr - 16:03

Spartan wrote:
999 : What if i die and the number goes to 0?

You die forever save , leave , and continue on with ur life.

1000 : Why is the game soooo hard?

To slay you newbs to an eternity of nubness.

1001 : Wahhhhhh!

Thats right cry the hell out of ur eyes.

1002 : Fuck you!

I know u fucked urself.

Gimme time and i write all the [FAQ] down Smile. Btw..you know the difficult is setting by the level of all players? I mean..you actually play the normal difficult.

The game start to be really hard when the difficult is over 20 (or 25+). Then you get double xp but it's bloody hard.
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Activity Points : 30804

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Thu 5 May - 14:05

Set as sticky thread.

Private First class

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   Thu 5 May - 16:01

jk2pach wrote:
Set as sticky thread.

Thanks Smile.

I kinda busy with the university but i return to post as soon as i can for complete the guide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZAF Guide   

Back to top Go down

ZAF Guide
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1