Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Hero Suggestion - Pioneer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4621
Awards :

PostSubject: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Mon 11 Apr - 15:02

I know hero suggestion are only allowed to people that won a challange, but i still want to share this idea with the community.

Now that im a donator, this isnt a draft anymore - now its a suggestion.

Intention behind this hero is a defensive, supportive builder (contrary to the ce who is a offensive, supportive builder). I wanted it to be close to a real pioneer.

As usual im open for improvements and new ideas.

Pioneer
============
Basic Information
Starting HP: 320
Starting Endurance: 15
Starting Mana: 100
Starting Energy: 25
(Motorization is not important for this hero, values are up to jk.)

Armor: Kevlar
Starting Armor: 1

Weapon: M4

Required Rank: 250k (or higher)
============
Changelog:
- edited some numbers
- fixed some typos
- made into a suggestion
---
- replaced build cc with field strategy command
- adjusted numbers on fortification
- replaced remote bomb with explosive orders
- replaced drive excavator with build field factory
---
- edited Barbed Wire Fence
- replaced Remote Bomb with Scout Drone
============
Skill No. 1 - Barbed Wire Fence
Description: The Pioneer has the neccesary Equipment to set up Fences Armed with Barbed Wire. They hurt any Enemies coming too close.
Mechanics: The pioneer builds a "building" with a melee attack, where every one can walk through (no collision size). Dimensions are 1x4 Barricades. Buidling time should be around 5 Seconds. Fences slow zombies and soldiers walking through them. HP are 500, with 0 Concrete Armor. The fence attacks any zombies walking through it, with its attack.

Barbed Wire Fence Model:

Level 1: Maximum 1 Fence, Damage 50-100
Level 2: Maximum 1 Fence, Damage 75-125
Level 3: Maximum 2 Fence, Damage 100-150
Level 4: Maximum 2 Fence, Damage 125-175
Level 5: Maximum 3 Fence, Damage 150-200
Level 6: Maximum 3 Fence, Damage 175-225

Can be learned on Levels: 1,3,5,7,9,11

Skill No. 2 - Minefield
Description: The Pioneer places Mines to prevent Zombies from passing through a certain area. (basically the same as the Minefield of CR).
Mechanics: The Pioneer selects an area (like he would throw a grenade) and the mines appear at this position. Mines are active after 3 seconds and deal 500 Dmg each. The AoE increases with every Level.

Level 1: 4 Mines
Level 2: 5 Mines
Level 3: 6 Mines
Level 4: 7 Mines
Level 5: 8 Mines
Level 6: 9 Mines

Can be learned on levels: 2,4,6,8,10,12

Skill No. 3 - Scout Drone
Description: Pioneers need to know where the enemie is coming from, Thantos developed a special flying drone for this case.
Mechanic: Summons a Flying and Invisible Drone that is controlled by the Pioneer. The Drone gives vision to all players for its duration. Durations and Sightrange increase with each Level. (Model could be the same as the Drones of CR). Only one can be active at a time.

Level 1: Duration: 20 Seconds, Sightrange 1000
Level 2: Duration: 30 Seconds, Sightrange 1200
Level 3: Duration: 40 Seconds, Sightrange 1400
Level 4: Duration: 50 Seconds, Sightrange 1600
Level 5: Duration: 60 Seconds, Sightrange 1800
Level 6: Duration: infinite, Sightrange 1800

Can be learned on every Level.

Spell Book - Art of Defense
Level 1:

• Repair - the standard repair skill
  • Disarm - the standard disarm skill

Level 2:

• Explosive Orders
    Description: Pioneers need lots of explosive Stuff to clear the way for their squad or hinder the enemy movement. So they have special access to dropped equipment.
    Mechanics: This Spell is just like the current open crate spell, but the crate will only spawn explosive items.

Level 3:

• Build Field Camp
    Description: If Troops need to stay in an area for a longer time, pioneers will set up a field camp for them. There the soldiers can get rest. The Field Camp can be packed into a truck to move it around if neccesary.
    Mechanic: The Pioneer builds the Field Camp at the Targeted location. Model is the "2-tent-thing" next to the RC Entrance. It increases the hp and energy regeneration of nearby soldiers (like a combined medical and energy turret).Cooldown is 1minute. It has 500 hp and 1 armor (concrete). The Field Camp has a pack spell that transforms it into a Truck (the comman truck model, already ingame, with a slightly different name). The Truck has an unpack ability that unpacks the Field Camp at the targeted point. Only one Field Camp can be active at a time, even if its packed.

Level 4:

• Build Field Factory: Larger Field Camps need constant supplies. Pioneers can build smaller factories that can fulfill these needs.
    Mechanic: Builds a Field Factory. The Factory has 1000 HP and 1 Armor and 30 Mana, it gains 1 Mana Point every second. If the Factory raeches its maximum mana it spawns a random item from the pool: Bandages (Stack of 2), Vaccines, Batteries, Frag Nade, FUEL (Stack of 5). Has a small chance (5%) of spawning a satchel or class item. The Factory can be packed / unpacked just like the Field Camp.

Level 5:

• Build Field Strategy Center
    Description: With the needed equipment officer can get the most out of their troops. Pioneers provide them this equipment on the battlefield.
    Mechnic: The Pioneers builds a Field Strategy Center with the following abilities:

• Attack this position: Specifies an area (radius 750),Squad Members attacking the targeted Area gain an Attack-dmg buff.
    • Hold the line: Specifies an area (radius 500),Troops defending the specified position gain an armor bonus.
    • secret map archive: reveals the map (like bio sat) - (must be researched)
    • improved communications: pings special enemies on the map (like FRs Camouflage) - (must be researched)

Level 6:

• Fortification:
    Description: The Pioneers know the art of turning a simple city into a fortress.
    Mechanic: He places a permanent buff on the targeted Buidling, increasing its hp by 250 and armor by 1. Has a 60 Seconds Cooldown. A Building can only be affected by one buff.

Can be learned after Level 3.

============

Thank you for reading.

Last edited by Andx667 on Thu 5 May - 21:10; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22399
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Mon 11 Apr - 15:41

The wires shouldnt block the way, instead they should slow down the creeps a little. You can also give them an direct attack so it seems like the zombies are injuring themselves on the wire (maybe each attack also damages the wires, so it "breaks" after it "attacks" enough zombies).

But Minefield and Remote bomb make this hero look more like a mix between CE and DE. Why not give hime a remotecontrolled Scout Drone that gives Sight for all players? The Pioneer places the wire, activates the Drone and Marks advancing creeps so the team can kill them.

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36243
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Mon 11 Apr - 16:05

id say give the fences a 1-1 damage, this way they do aggro zombies, and while zombies attack it give it a 50% return damage (or a diff %).

Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Mon 11 Apr - 16:25

background of this hero is, that i wantd a hero close to its real counterpart, thats the reason for the remote bomb. also i wanted a hero that is more defensive than the ce.
-----------
i added the attack on the fences and namorax' idea

minefield are a usual thing for pioneers in real life and imho were missing another hero with this ability. remote bomb isnt my first choice but i had no other idea for a 3rd spell by now. the drone idea isnt bad, will think about it

thanks for the advices, any more?
Back to top Go down
Spartan
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3114

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Tue 12 Apr - 1:01

Honestly i think this would be a good class its not over powered not rigged but it still is powerfull. I give it a 10 what do you give it pach?
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Tue 12 Apr - 1:38

wizzitje wrote:
id say give the fences a 1-1 damage, this way they do aggro zombies, and while zombies attack it give it a 50% return damage (or a diff %).

Naw, it should have a fixed attack, because the big bad Evolved Composition wouldn't even notice there is this barbed wire in the way, while a normal zombie has more problems.

If you give it the ability to return damage, it would be able to deal WAY more damage to the evolved zombie then to the normal one. And to be realistic, it needs to be the other way...

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Sun 17 Apr - 22:30

Any Other thoughrs about it? If more people give their opinions i may donate the 5 Dollars to suggest this Hero
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23559
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Sun 17 Apr - 23:04

Seems like CE to me, but if Pach likes it idc. New hero to play I suppose.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Sun 17 Apr - 23:22

i bet itl be denied, because pach actually wants no builder heroes @ all (he told me this for his unfinished game, RC TDA)

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Sun 17 Apr - 23:54

About "Drive Excavator":
I Like the idea, but I dont see how you could realize this idea... If you "dig a trench", it looks like you move your hero to point A, activate the ability and move to point B (maybe using up mana for each step). And how does it block the path, and allow the players to stand in it? The only way to do that would be to use a custom pathing. But you need a lot of triger to place them right. Then a soldier could jump in and out of it. But I wouldnt support that idea.

Instead, why not use something like this: "Repair Barricade": Can be used on a barricade. It replaces the targeted barricade with a new one (which is still under the control of the original owner) but resets the cooldown. That way you dont need to wait for the barricades to die before setting a new one.

About "Place Remote Bomb":
Nees to be replaced with something else... you can find lots of explosives in crates already. That's it!
Use a Spell that can be used on a crate (Like open), only that using it causes the crate to spawn lots of explosives instead of the normal items!

About "Build Field Camp":
Good Idea. Sounds like the original "Mobile HQ", before jk made it into a vehicle... Wink
But you should remove the timer part. Just like CE, you can build it once, and only if it dies you can build a new one. HP reduced to 100 (so it can never be used for blocking, and a button to "Pack the Field Camp" would be nice.
(One zombie is always enough to completely trash a camp^^)

About "Build Command Center":
Definitely impossible (Ok, I know its not totally impossible. Just trigger it in a way so every player gets the tech upgrade, but still...)
It would cause problems, because the CC is used to upgrade the CE buildings and use its aura to power them up. If the Pioneer builds a CC, the CE wouldn't be able to upgrade his turrets.
My suggestion: something like a Minifactory, you need mana to produce a specific item, and the buildings only way to receive mana is to absorb it from the player heroes. You can only create basic items like Ammo, Bandages, Vaccine and maybe Frag-Grenades. Satchels could be the "ultimate".

About "Fortification":
Change the amounts to +200 HP, +0 Armor, 45s cooldown. you can create godly blockers with it otherwise...

EDIT: Why not make the pioneer a "Crate Hero"? He finds them and gets out of them whatever is necessary, like "Only Healing items", "Only Ammo" or "Order Classitem"?

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Mon 18 Apr - 0:10

Thanks again namo, i will think about your ideas and edit my First post Tomorrow
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Activity Points : 30713

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Tue 19 Apr - 12:46

Topic moved.

Master Sergeant

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Thu 5 May - 14:15

can a moderator plz move this to the RC601 suggestion forum.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Thu 5 May - 15:09

Moved.

You should move one of the Spellbook-Level-6 abilities to level 5.
2 "Ultimates" are a bit too much. If you dont want to, I suggest another crate skill, like "Exculsive Orders" (the crate spawns only 1 random classitem, maybe a 5% chance for 2).

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Thu 5 May - 15:21

Namorax wrote:
Moved.

You should move one of the Spellbook-Level-6 abilities to level 5.
2 "Ultimates" are a bit too much. If you dont want to, I suggest another crate skill, like "Exculsive Orders" (the crate spawns only 1 random classitem, maybe a 5% chance for 2).

True ... Will Change this
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Fri 6 May - 13:03

May I consider I can start working on it?

Master Sergeant

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Fri 6 May - 13:27

jk2pach wrote:
May I consider I can start working on it?

it would be a pleasure to me Smile
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Fri 6 May - 13:29

Normally, by the way, I do not accept anymore imported objects, because the map is quite full. But, fotunately, I already use the model of the Barbed Wire Wink (Sand Beach).

I will work on your hero once I finished to rework the entire quest tree. (Make it more noob friendly but also optional quests during main quests)

Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Mon 9 May - 13:14

I've a problem with Barbed Wire:

As soon as the pathing is not a square, you will be forced to use the fence into one direction only. You want it vertical or horizontal?

Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Mon 9 May - 13:18

Ah nevermind, Ill make it a builder.

Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Mon 9 May - 13:28

for a change, dont make it a tice unit, but perhaps smting lower like 250-300k, so that i might go and play to reach it (i will if it would be that low) D:

Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Mon 9 May - 13:42

Do not worry, it's set on rank 21 (Lt Gen)

Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   Mon 9 May - 15:23

Allright, done (lot of work :s) with the usual minor modifications.

PostSubject: Re: Hero Suggestion - Pioneer   

Back to top Go down

Hero Suggestion - Pioneer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1