Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Red desync - Mostly Fixed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 2669

PostSubject: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Mon 11 Apr - 0:35

So as most of you know red tends to desync. some players can play red no problem, most can't. the popular theories are "someone is using a maphack or xfire" but it seems too consistent with entirely random players. this remains untested as of yet. (not sure if i'd get banned from warc for using a maphack Razz) theory 2 is it's something to do with the bot but this is certainly proved false as some players can still be red. theory 3 is something to do with the sound and that by pressing control+m is can be fixed ingame.
last theory is that it is just the hacked clan AIS version of the game that does this. but obviously jk uses the official version on the ua2 website. (he wouldn't go through the trouble of getting an ais version and then linking to the ua2 site.) the last theory is that only those who can host normally can be red but as i'll show here is that is also untrue.

here are my fidnings.

i get dced when i play red. my friend doesnt. heres the difference
i can host, i have a firewall. but warc3 is enabled and i don't have a router.
he on the otherhand can't host.

so a little tweaking and finding out which players can play red and which can't i found a solution that worked for me, couldn't really test much as the game kept filling up.

goto options and turn off enviromental sounds and music. and also run the game windowed, here's a guide for that. "http://www.lancraftwc3.com/2009/05/warcraft-3-windowed-mode.html" it's as simple as that! this worked for me and i can now play red as usual and pick any mode.

DeathSymph0ny (just played some fun ua2 umb with him and got naded lol) completely disagrees with me as he plays with fullscreen and all sound on. but i think that what works for him wouldn't work for someone else. i can't really exentesivily prove this all, so some feedback would be nice to keep people from dcing as most people feel they are immune to being dc'ed rather than move so we get stuck with normal and a limited option of MoS's. thanks and goodluck! please post any other solutions, or results of testing my solution here.

here are some recommended tips that seems to fix the problem for 85% of the people i know.

-1restart warc3 after every ua2 game
-2turn off sound, music, enviromental effects
-3change your sound provider to dolby (if you don't have this option see the next step)
-4update your sound drivers
-5turn off any background programs, ex: xfire, winamp, msn, ect.
-6restart your computer before turning on warc3
-7wish yourself goodluck!

i know that most people say they don't have to do any of these steps to get the game to work. THEN THIS FIX IS NOT FOR YOU, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! comments pertaining to this will be ignored. (unless they have useful information about fixing this problem, please post if you do! Razz)

thanks!!

Last edited by KillWinter on Thu 21 Apr - 7:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfinateAnswers
Private

Activity Points : 2427

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Mon 11 Apr - 6:18

Its an anti-maphack system gone astray, it kicks for any reason it can find. If it continues happening try soloing, if it works solo, then someone who you played with was using a 3rd party program that the game thought was a hack

The reason window mode stops the kick feature, is because it cannot detect third party features, because wc3 isnt the first party anymore (not in full screen) your friend probably doesnt get kicked because wc3 cant detect any 3rd party software from him, or he doesn't have anything else opened.

In my time playing ua2, i find these usualy cause a kick, Any pop out playlist, advertisements from websites that popup behind your browser, msn out of its tray, and skype. There are probably more, and its not constant for everyone because some people have differnet configurations where wc3 cant detect third party software.
Back to top Go down
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Mon 11 Apr - 12:13

InfinateAnswers wrote:
Its an anti-maphack system gone astray

that sounds about right, but i'm 100% sure it's not anything 3rd party on my system, i carefully monitor any systems running on my computer, but i am a bit more convinced that it's the anti-maphack system, still i think i'll continue to use my method. but i will look into other program that can affect warc3.
Back to top Go down
Hammett_4
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3085

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Mon 11 Apr - 23:04

well i can avoid this bug before burningwinds stopped hosting ua2.All u have to do is to turn off music with cntrl+m before loading screen comes.Do not turn on music before game starts.Also ppl shouldnt load before red(if some1 loads before u and several seconds has past there will be no problem).
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4709
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Mon 11 Apr - 23:17

Hammett_4 wrote:
well i can avoid this bug before burningwinds stopped hosting ua2.All u have to do is to turn off music with cntrl+m before loading screen comes.Do not turn on music before game starts.Also ppl shouldnt load before red(if some1 loads before u and several seconds has past there will be no problem).

thats the same i heard/know
Back to top Go down
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Tue 12 Apr - 4:11

Hammett_4 wrote:
Also ppl shouldnt load before red.

i'm usually the last to load because of my shit connection lol, anyways yesterday i played with a group and got desynced, second game was with the exact same people, but this time i turned off music in my options and enviromental sounds and all that jazz, so i'm led to believe that the music is the main problem as i have not had any issues whatsoever. but then this one guy were playing with as red for a few games got desynced himself at the start, but tried agian and didn't so it's weird. guess it's turning off music and little bit of luck Razz
Back to top Go down
d3f4g5
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 2555

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Tue 12 Apr - 16:42

Quote :
Also ppl shouldnt load before red
As I know it doesn't matter when people load their codes
(somtimes it even can make game more interesting on umb mode)

There are few rulles to avoid it: first one you already voiced (ctr+m)
second one: Don't Alt Tab during the map loading

*I usually hold red slot and game never kicks me.
If it happens (very rarely) its only my fault cause AltTab
Back to top Go down
Brickwall
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2631

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Tue 12 Apr - 22:26

There seems to be a lot of different things that cause people to disconnect or desynch.

I have never turned my music off. And alt+tab does not cause me to drop. But I do not doubt it causes problems for some people.

I think the firewall and/or home router causes problems for hosting(red player) too. If you do not forward ports on router or do not open ports on firewall.
Back to top Go down
DeathsSymph0ny
Private

Activity Points : 2432

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sat 16 Apr - 17:25

KillWinter wrote:
So as most of you know red tends to desync. some players can play red no problem, most can't. the popular theories are "someone is using a maphack or xfire" but it seems too consistent with entirely random players. this remains untested as of yet. (not sure if i'd get banned from warc for using a maphack Razz) theory 2 is it's something to do with the bot but this is certainly proved false as some players can still be red. theory 3 is something to do with the sound and that by pressing control+m is can be fixed ingame.
last theory is that it is just the hacked clan AIS version of the game that does this. but obviously jk uses the official version on the ua2 website. (he wouldn't go through the trouble of getting an ais version and then linking to the ua2 site.) the last theory is that only those who can host normally can be red but as i'll show here is that is also untrue.

here are my fidnings.

so a little tweaking and finding out which players can play red and which can't i found a solution that worked for me, couldn't really test much as the game kept filling up.

goto options and turn off enviromental sounds and music. and also run the game windowed, here's a guide for that. "http://www.lancraftwc3.com/2009/05/warcraft-3-windowed-mode.html" it's as simple as that! this worked for me and i can now play red as usual and pick any mode.

DeathSymph0ny (just played some fun ua2 umb with him and got naded lol) completely disagrees with me as he plays with fullscreen and all sound on. but i think that what works for him wouldn't work for someone else. i can't really exentesivily prove this all, so some feedback would be nice to keep people from dcing as most people feel they are immune to being dc'ed rather than move so we get stuck with normal and a limited option of MoS's. thanks and goodluck! please post any other solutions, or results of testing my solution here.

didn't even know i was mentioned in this post Surprised and i do play in fullscreen but my sound is off, i have all sounds turned completely off(i listen to music on itunes Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Activity Points : 13805
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sat 16 Apr - 17:42

I've tried to join the game as Red many times and ive seen even Death get desync. Its pointltess to be hosting this old version just cause the newer one is more graphically better. We never gave 2.0 even a chance to be honest to test out all the accusations and then find a resolution for it.
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36331
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sat 16 Apr - 18:51

monkeh wrote:
I've tried to join the game as Red many times and ive seen even Death get desync. Its pointltess to be hosting this old version just cause the newer one is more graphically better. We never gave 2.0 even a chance to be honest to test out all the accusations and then find a resolution for it.

<<<< never got kicked once, just turn off your Music (alt+M) and your done.

Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sat 16 Apr - 19:37

I don't play with music! hence your theory isn't working for me hence i still get desync! What part of i play with no sound did you not get? :-p
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sat 16 Apr - 19:45

monkeh wrote:
I don't play with music! hence your theory isn't working for me hence i still get desync! What part of i play with no sound did you not get? :-p

there are a few factors which can cause DC (that i know of),

1. Hosting-possebility is (if im right) a must, as the game auto-selects the host and in 99% of the time its Red, even if he cant host
  2. Disable Music and/or Sound as (as rumoured) 1 of the custom music/sound files is ''broken''
  3. Loading seems to have an effect on this to, as after the first player loads red usually gets the DC, so try waiting with loading till red has picked the mode, after that your usually home-safe

this is all what i can think about, hope this helps you Razz

Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sat 16 Apr - 19:47

Whenever i load and the bar goes full i get a black screen then i go back into the channel. So I propose changing it to the new version and testing it out. This version is back when there were no bots and a person had to actually host a game.
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sat 16 Apr - 19:48

its you then not the map. as the map works fine for other people.

Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sat 16 Apr - 19:50

Its not just me!! I am sure its a lot of other people in the game as well. If there was a way to tell that on the bot im sure it would verify that it desyncs a lot of people as Red.
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sat 16 Apr - 19:52

try loading it on an other colour.

Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sat 16 Apr - 19:53

I have and its fine as any other color but Red...
Back to top Go down
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Sun 17 Apr - 1:51

some people like mikedonaldz get's dced as any color, sofar i know he's on a mac. an interesting tidbit of information is that under the sound options "sound provider" is missing.
Back to top Go down
Hammett_4
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3085

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Tue 19 Apr - 17:49

monkeh wrote:
Whenever i load and the bar goes full i get a black screen then i go back into the channel. So I propose changing it to the new version and testing it out. This version is back when there were no bots and a person had to actually host a game.

definetely your pc.Desync trigs only after u have given mode.

U say that u dont have music on.U mean u have turned off sound effects or u have turned off the headphones?because in the second case,music is still playing and thus u get your desync
Back to top Go down
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Tue 19 Apr - 17:55

MikeDonaldz found an interesting technique that seems to work for him every single time.

to restart his client before joining a warc3 game.

i've never seen mike able to host, but now he hosts like a pro Razz
Back to top Go down
Omegaflare
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 13490
Awards : x2

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Tue 19 Apr - 19:57

ctrl+M turns off music in lobby. Ctrl +M again in game to turn music back on. Ive played countless games in ua2. It works Wink

I didn't know there was a age limit on having fun.
Back to top Go down
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Thu 21 Apr - 7:58

updated original post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Thu 21 Apr - 18:45

Hammett_4 wrote:
monkeh wrote:

definetely your pc.Desync trigs only after u have given mode.

U say that u dont have music on.U mean u have turned off sound effects or u have turned off the headphones?because in the second case,music is still playing and thus u get your desync

no i mean i don't play music/sound effects i.e. no sound when i play any WC game.
KillWinter wrote:

here are my fidnings.

you expect people to go through all this just to play a very old version of UA2. What is the current problem with the new version other than "looks" which i think is a sad excuse for criticizing a custom game.

here are some recommended tips that seems to fix the problem for 85% of the people i know.

-1restart warc3 after every ua2 game
-2turn off sound, music, enviromental effects
-3change your sound provider to dolby (if you don't have this option see the next step)
-4update your sound drivers
-5turn off any background programs, ex: xfire, winamp, msn, ect.
-6restart your computer before turning on warc3
-7wish yourself goodluck!

i know that most people say they don't have to do any of these steps to get the game to work. THEN THIS FIX IS NOT FOR YOU, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! comments pertaining to this will be ignored. (unless they have useful information about fixing this problem, please post if you do! Razz)

thanks!!

All these steps for someone to choose a mode on an old version of a Custom Game. This is just tedious and pointless for most WC players. What is the current problem other than the graphics/looks in regards to the newest/current UA2.
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23647
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   Thu 21 Apr - 22:22

I'd have to agree with monkeh.
As much as illidan is a *****, he could have at least made the map stable.

If we can find a single ( and definite ) fix, it would be helpful. At the moment I am currently looking for one.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red desync - Mostly Fixed!   

Back to top Go down

Red desync - Mostly Fixed!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next