Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

The New UA2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
InfinateAnswers
Private

Activity Points : 2371

PostSubject: The New UA2   Sun 10 Apr - 15:51

I noticed while in wc3 you are using an outdated Undead Assault. In attempts to popularize the new ua2 that illidan (the original creator) gave us permission to work on, i wish for you to host it on your bots. My clan OBG has close relations with the creator of ua2, now that he is out of commission for a few months, he gave us the unprotected map. Me and our top mappers worked on it and we have created a newer, and in our idea, better ua2. Please consider playing it and updating your bots. The link to the download is here >Undead Assault 1.5c b3 v1<

~IA of Clan OBG
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru
Private

Activity Points : 2425
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Sun 10 Apr - 16:48

i think they discussed it and went to the older version cause more people liked it personaly i prefer the version being hosted atm but thats just me im sure others will give opinions
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23591
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Sun 10 Apr - 16:57

If we are speaking of 2.0, then I'd agree.
The map is very fun. New environment and missions. Same heroes, different look.

If we are talking about anything after beta 7 (the original version), I disagree. Xp is obnoxiously handed out for trivial things. "You killed a Mutant. Have 16-18 free xp"

Note: I have not checked the link due to cautiousness.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
InfinateAnswers
Private

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Sun 10 Apr - 17:43

I beleive your mistaken, this isnt 2.0, this is the older version revamped. You would have to play it to see its amazing qualities. This game isnt all that old we recently finished it for public playing, but noone in our clan can host it that often. If your bots help us spread the name of obg, and the new ua2, we will surely put rep for you guys in the game

Edit: Beta 9 isnt illidans map, he gave us the rights to extend his beta 7, the original. The map now is harder, and has new terrain, but still has the same feel. I personally think its better.
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Activity Points : 13749
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Sun 10 Apr - 17:57

InfinateAnswers wrote:
I beleive your mistaken, this isnt 2.0, this is the older version revamped. You would have to play it to see its amazing qualities. This game isnt all that old we recently finished it for public playing, but noone in our clan can host it that often. If your bots help us spread the name of obg, and the new ua2, we will surely put rep for you guys in the game

Edit: Beta 9 isnt illidans map, he gave us the rights to extend his beta 7, the original. The map now is harder, and has new terrain, but still has the same feel. I personally think its better.

Why dont you give the link to jk2pach and have on the loading screen your clan and we'll even allow your clan to have a spot on our forums if need be.
Back to top Go down
InfinateAnswers
Private

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Sun 10 Apr - 18:22

Our clan is on the loading screen and i didnt know i could just give him the link.
Back to top Go down
Spartan
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3146

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Mon 11 Apr - 1:49

First off you are new to the forums and i respect that. But please dont come in barging in and saying "Change the map to *********."
Back to top Go down
InfinateAnswers
Private

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Mon 11 Apr - 1:55

For one i didnt say change the map to bla bla i asked if you could host this version instead of the older one. My clan worked hard to get the map where we have it, i saw it as an opportunity for both sides, since you'll have the only bot to host it since people dont notice a new map for a while. If you dont, oh well.
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Mon 11 Apr - 2:03

spartan he asked politely.. you're the one being rude here to our guest. We are here to help one another not bash each other.
Back to top Go down
Spartan
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3146

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Mon 11 Apr - 2:18

Thanks for not bashing my head this time monkeh lolz. And im sorry infinite. I just puked again from eating too much. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo idk.
Back to top Go down
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

Activity Points : 2613

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Mon 11 Apr - 2:55

while this alot of promise, it has alot of common mistakes.

first of this uses alot of textures and such from notd and other popular zombie maps and really takes away from the general uniqueness of ua2, and erodes the consistent theme.
i mean i understand you wanna make things look better, shinier, newer. but you really took an awkward step with it, like a really expensive fancy house filled with cheap, old, used thrift store furniture, it really degrades the overall quality. i'd recommend first thinking about whether you want the futuristic player models as the game is set in 2035 it isnt that far in the future it's much more likely they'd be wearing camo than futuristic space suits. another tip about congruency is that the apcs models were changed from actual apcs to trucks and the name wasn't changed, i believe this was an oversight as apc stands for armored personal carrier and the original was actually an apc model. while i'm on the convoy i thought i'd mention that the trucks seem to draw bigger and therefor bog eachother down much much more, also the tank seems to stop for much longer stalling everything behind it. this could be because the roads are smaller now but it's hard to say without a copy of the change-log.

Also, the sounds were changed from what sounded like realistic (as real as you can get with warc) to the sound of wood clapping together. the model does not align properly and bullets will be flying before he properly turned his gun around and the sparks continue after he's stopped shooting. (though i believe this is a problem with the model itself)

the map itself is much prettier and i do love alot of the cosmetic changes! goodjob there, though i noticed alot of the spawn points were changed such as the boomer spawn when convoy is just about in the middle of the ruins is no longer there. honestly it really was needed otherwise convoy would be unstoppable, but this is a technical oversight i believe Smile

last i offer my opinion, i believe this could benefit most from people who've played ua2 for a while and have actual talent and skill (not implying that the map editors weren't as such) but it seemed there was a general idea of "MAKE IT FLASHIER!"

flash is good but when it degrades the quality and consistency of the map it's the players who suffer. also the original loading page was fine, why did you change it for one that's harder to read and has less in common with ua2 than the original? (also you might want to try compressed it to 256 colors and working from there. as the map tends to ruin splash pages with it's compression, just a friendly tip Smile and the constant "CLAN UMO" splashed everywhere is very indignant and i tried not to let it bother me but i got somewhat annoyed with it's constant badgering. a nice graceful clan name and website on the bottom somewhere so it doesnt take away from the loading screen itself would really go along way to dignify it Smile

please be aware i tried to keep this constructive as possible and as a game developer myself i know how hard it is to develop a coherent game. and it's obvious clan umo put alot of good work into this and for that i am greatly appreciative of Razz!

tips
-alot of zombie games these days have medal system as achievements or as ingame bonuses
-the addition of randomly spawned bosses
-do away with the easy xp gain as it absolutely ruins the endeavor of the game. (killed a beast here's a buncha xp! - i was level 7 and killed a few beasts as a private/rifleman in a very short time.)
-remeber to keep items useful and congruent to the overall theme (it's the future but not too far into the future Razz)
- avoid adding vehicles as the ua2 marines that the players play feel much more like a supression team rather than a roving dispatch crew. vehicles would cheapen it
-ua2 2.0 was a terrible terrible imitation of ua2 but the chapters thing paced the game nicely and i really loved how missions were seperated and given their own spotlight in the overall game (although this is more to my taste, keep in mind that i'm biased Razz)

thanks! and thanks for working on ua2 which is my alltime fave zombie game Smile (love notd, zaf, and rc601 alot too Smile)
Back to top Go down
InfinateAnswers
Private

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Mon 11 Apr - 4:32

Ill send that to my clan leader, i had the same thoughts that "it was too flashy" and "too crowded" the only thing i personally like better is the instant jump, and the new terrain

And we've been playing ua2 since 1.2, we have played so much we have "maneuvers" named after the person who thought of it, and they are almost 100% sure fire ways of winning. Honestly we used to live and breath ua2. But most of it has been handled by the clan leader, with little input from us, i think your "review" will help him lol

His main goal was to make it more realistic, more entertaining, because the ua2 community isn't like it used to be. I see now that he hasnt updated the map because Clan UMO was hacked, and to avoid any further hacking we detached ourselves from the ua2 forrums because our higher ups have enemies who will hack and disband us again.

my final edit: i am the current triggerer, and to be honest, my clan leader is too bossy. He got one of our best website coders to quit the clan because all he wanted him to do was work. I wish i was more into bringing back ua2, with more missions, better systems, etc. But me and a friend who isnt in a clan are working on a zombie map that my clan leader doesn't know about and potentially it will be great. I am working on a minigun system where you enter a helicopter and can access the minigun, and aim by moving your screen, and the center of ur screen is where you are shooting. I hope to finish this map before the end of the year, and so far its progress is quick. I have already finished the zombie spawn system and he finished hero select system. Well enough of my rambling, thanks for the imput
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36275
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Mon 11 Apr - 11:48

the only info we (Me in general) need is:

• 1. is it a legal version. yes/no

• 2. Does it give More.Less xp then the original. More/less/same

• 3. IS the game made significantly easier/harder. Easier/harder/same

• 4. Are the items/classes/spells/modes the same or are they upgraded/downgraded or are there new items/classes/spells/modes Added. no/yes and What has been changed?

• 5. Are there any Bug fixes. yes/no

• 6. Are there any ''cheats'' or exploits added. yes/no

Just compare this to 1.5b beta 7 and tell answer the 6 questions plz.

Back to top Go down
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Mon 11 Apr - 12:24

InfinateAnswers wrote:
we detached ourselves from the ua2

Ah, that's too bad, this seemed like it had promise. just seemed like it was more focused more on flash to bring in new players, than a coherent theme. which i understand is a difficult thing to do, and sometimes it's better that a single person has complete control, but i think in this case the game could really benefit from the opinions of "oldschool" players or atleast this version. Razz i'm certainly glad you found this helpful though!

also, goodluck on your new map, the aiming feature sounds pretty nifty and i'm always down for trying out new zombie games (my favorite genre) Smile
Back to top Go down
InfinateAnswers
Private

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Tue 12 Apr - 0:44

wizzitje wrote:
the only info we (Me in general) need is:

• 1. is it a legal version. yes/no

• 2. Does it give More.Less xp then the original. More/less/same

• 3. IS the game made significantly easier/harder. Easier/harder/same

• 4. Are the items/classes/spells/modes the same or are they upgraded/downgraded or are there new items/classes/spells/modes Added. no/yes and What has been changed?

• 5. Are there any Bug fixes. yes/no

• 6. Are there any ''cheats'' or exploits added. yes/no

Just compare this to 1.5b beta 7 and tell answer the 6 questions plz.

Yes it is legal illidan gave my clan leader the rights to it
It gives relatively the same, im not too sure, but according to killer the spawns have been changed so the reduced spawns may have reduced the xp
In a way the game was made easier for veterans but harder for newers people, because of the flash
Jump was made instant, alot of models were changed, and cast time was changed on a few spells. I know for sure global hawk has +1 inventory
Bug fixes? post some and me and my leader will see what we can do
absolutely not, the person who implicated cheats into ua2 (risker) is the same person who hacked us and disbanned our clan, so we wouldnt do busniess with him, plus we have many ua2 veterans and they wont accept hacks.
Back to top Go down
Brickwall
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2575

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Tue 12 Apr - 5:04

I didn't test much, so this might be a bit unfair. But I didn't like it. Doesn't feel like ua2 for me. If I could code, the changes at first would be more subtle. I would call my intentions polishing a gem. While that clan's intentions is adding the gem to a golden necklace with a bunch of other gems.

I would prefer it if they clearly renamed the map so no one would mistake it for the original. And just leave credits for illidan.

While I didn't see as much as Killwinter I agree with a lot of what he said.
Back to top Go down
InfinateAnswers
Private

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Tue 12 Apr - 22:56

alright so im getting a "needs revision" vibe. Ill talk with my clan leader and hopefully we'll get a ua2 that isn't so... flashy lol
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Tue 12 Apr - 23:02

just bring your clan leader in here...
Back to top Go down
J0E
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2539

PostSubject: Re:the new Ua2   Tue 12 Apr - 23:49

Hmmmm I dont know this one feels......different its not bad but it does not do it for me.I dont ever remember Ua2 being like this and the models from the original looked better.The gun fire is not as cool as the original and there is a lot of changes in the icon department , hell i almost missed saline solution and revive.I think if u do away with the models and add the original V1.5 in it will look a hell of alto cooler especially the bullet models.Maybe try and use the models form Ua2 V2.0 they look futuristic but not so much it pushes the boundaries of reality.But still there is some other cool stuff like the new terrian was absolute insane coolness i give you credit for that.If u can please bring back orginial game play , models and maybe some features from Ua2 v2.0(models,bomb explosions etc..)
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Thu 14 Apr - 3:04

i would recommend hosting the newest version... this game was obviously created before bots were used to host Wc gaming hence anyone who is red and can't host will be auto kicked.
Back to top Go down
KillWinter
Private First class
Private First class

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Thu 14 Apr - 4:04

monkeh wrote:
anyone who is red and can't host will be auto kicked.

my friend can't host and can play red just fine, there's a thread under ua2 that talks about this and most people seem to think that it's something to do with music and tht turning music and enviromental effects off seems to fix the desync.
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   Thu 14 Apr - 4:16

i have music off always... and i get disconnected and i can host my own game cause i have my ports open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New UA2   

Back to top Go down

The New UA2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jk2pach outpost :: Warcraft III :: Offline activity :: Undead Assault II ( UA2 )-
Jump to: