Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

New hero: Illusionist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2814

PostSubject: New hero: Illusionist   Sun 6 Mar - 9:12

Name: Illusionist [IL]
Armor: Kelvar
Sec. Weapon: 5-7
Weapon: MP5
Hero Type: Support?
Attribute: Intellegence
Hero Start Health: 315
Hero Start Mana: 90

Ability 1: Vanish
The Illusionist has means of making many zombies dissapear behind smoke and mysteriously making them...vanish.
Can not target Projects, Flesh composites or evolved ghoul.
Cooldown: 60/55/45/40/35/30
AoE: 175/200/225/250/275/300
Duration in seconds: 10/15/20/25/30/35
"Restricted Complex Database"
Mysterious magic making people mysteriously dissapear into into an exterrestrial
world.

Ability 2: Fragmentation Discs.
Ususally, the Illusionist would put the zombies inside boxes and chop them them with swords, but since time is against them, throwing will have to suffice.
Cooldown to 45/40/35/30/25/20.
Amount of Sawblades thrown: 1/2/3/4/5/6
EnergyCost: 20/25/30/35/40/45
Damage Done per blade: 250/325/400/475/550/625
Blades do Damage in a Line, Originate from the Heroes position and spread out in a 90° radius centered on the target location.

Ability 3: Jack in the box.
The Illusionist throws a box into a cluster and immeadiately explodes.
Teleports a special grenade at the Targetlocation, which detonates immediately. Creeps hit with it get a Debuff ("Loaded"). Upon Death, the Creeps explode, dealing X% of their Max HP in an AoE as Explosive Damage.
Cooldown: 30/30/25/25/20/20
Grenade AoE: 200/225/250/275/300/325
Damage dealt in %: 10/20/30/40/50/60
Explosion AoE: 100/125/150/175/200/225
A small toy used with babies to give them a fright has now been rigged for devastation. With highly explosives these jack in boxes have been torn from their original use.

Spell Book: Art of Magic.

Ability 1# Smoke Grenade + Blink.
Illusionists smoke is able to not only able to confuse their audience but also covering up their tricks.

Ability 2# Duplicate/ Dismantle.
In tricks, especially card tricks, the Prestidigitator can seem like he doubles a certain card.

Ability 3# Activate Teleport Beacon + Teleporter Bombing
Taught in the ways of the Marine Leader, the Illusionist can now activate the Beacons and " leave the stage"
Teleport bombing: The RC manage what the Prestige-Mages never quite did. Teleportation. Use it to get out of sticky situations.
"Teleporter Bombing" is a Damagespell, it just drops some grenades. Based on Blizzard, just with grenade as missiles.
Grenades tampered with magic and science have been caused to be a deadly result as they fly from the sky in bombardments.

Ability 4# Allied Teleportation.
The Illusionist targets his allies (Hero only) to teleport to somwhere he has explored. [Can not be used on himself].
After the RC managed self teleportation, new technology came in to teleport people besides the self person.

Ability 5# Leaving the Stage
The Illusionist drops a Metalchest at his current Location and then teleports to the Targeted Location. The Crate has 100 HP, no armor and upon Death a small nuke explodes. After 30s, the chest disappears without exploding.
After years of progress, RC have formulated a way of teleporting objects with super organic technology with high amounts of explosives only to cause to major devastation.

Ability 6# The Prestige.
(Description depending on spell)
Prestige's with years of excelency and practice, have formulated a new way of fighting through magic and combat which results in all kind of mysterious evolution.

Final Edition unless I forgot something.

Last edited by Happydappy on Tue 29 Mar - 6:39; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36356
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Sun 6 Mar - 10:52

for a caster hero, this hero has a LOT of passive attack increasers. (stats, crit, etc.) perhaps rework those to active spells.

perhaps a spell like Puck's Light Orb instead of Teleport. (to make it more ''magician'' like)

also Energy Generators are done by units that use electricity/plasma as a weapon. (lightning sniper/AS) you should add a lightning spell or 2.

the hero isnt bad but its not something ''new''

you should rework it just a little bit scratch

Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Sun 6 Mar - 10:56

Yeah, I understand what you're getting through and you're perfectly right. But the level 6 Book spell, is up to Pach, he can change it to anything he wants, I just gave a suggestion of what I think would be cool...but no essential.
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4734
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Sun 6 Mar - 15:16

right now he just looks like a gathering of some usefull spells...

make him more unique by adding spell no other class has. giving him crit and designate as the usuall lvl up spell is just boring. think about what a real mage uses in his shows and take those things in the rc universe:

- mages cut ppl into pieces, and set the pieces together afterwards (this mage could split a zombies into pieces and forget the second part Wink
- mages throw firebolts: let him throw a firebolt at a zombie which deals soem instant dmg and some dmg over time
- mages make card tricks: (duplicate and dismantle could fit here) or he uses a spell with a random chance certain things happen: like deal dmg to the zombie, kill the zombie instantly, buff the zombie with movespeed, ...
- mage make ppl disappear: an invisible that is castable on others
- mages can make things appear out of nowhere: he spawns a rabbit that distracts zombies for certain time
- mage are prestige: give him and aura that "doessometingidontknowrightnow" and better manaregen/manapool with this

just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Mon 7 Mar - 6:05

Ok heres what I got...

To start with, I hope you're not seeing this hero as a "Mage". Or are you abbreviating the "Magician? If so, sorry for the misunderstanding.
So, to begin with I'm going to name some of the spells i thought of.

1# Smoke Grenade. - Every Magician needs smoke to do some tricks.
2# Fragmentation Discs. - These could represent the 'Cutting up and replacing minus the second part' spell. This spell would have to be more advanced though if you ask me.
3# The Right card - This could act somehow as Sharpnel giving a chance say 7-10% chance to do an AOE effect.
4# The Prestige - Don't think Energy regen would be the best idea. If he could link Sec. Generator, then he would get energ reg. Maybe Energy, HP Cap?

What do you reckon? Thanks for the help though Wink
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Mon 7 Mar - 11:33

it still doesnt feel like a good combo though, a hero's spells have to be usefull for it, now its mostly a shooter (splash, smoke etc.) and you want to give it a mana regen?

you should give it more spells which are a good combo 2gether, or make it 1 of the countless shooter classes (cf, et.)

Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Mon 7 Mar - 11:49

You must realise that the Level 6 ability is just my opinion, I'm not asking for what i'm saying, I'm just making a suggestion to Pach to tell him how I thought the spell would be like. Sorry if I made this misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Mon 7 Mar - 19:25

if the hero isnt perfect by any way then Pach will probably not take it, as he does with most requests.

AND it has to have its own unique ability's + the abilities have to have sence and should not be random.

and if you do not finish the hero by yourself then it is going to be refused probably.

just a few tips Wink

Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Tue 8 Mar - 4:33

Sorry but I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get across to me? I know that this hero needs more but I'm not sure what I'm missing. Would changing his spells to custom made spells help? Or would keeping them the same suffice?
Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Tue 8 Mar - 6:40

Ok, I have come up with a v2 Magician.

Ability 1: Vanish/Dissapear.
The magician has means of making zombies dissapear behind smoke and mysteriously making them...vanish.

Ususally, thr magicians would put the zombies inside boxes and chop them them with swords, but since time is against them, throwing will have to suffice.

Ability 3: Firewall
Magicians are able to mysteriously invoke fire beneath their feet to burn there enemies.

Ability 1# Smoke Grenade.
Magicians smoke is able to not only able to confuse their audience but also covering up their tricks.

In tricks, especially card tricks, the magician can seem like he doubles a certain card...

Ability 3# Black Hole.
Magicians pull some kind of force that attracts all types of beings to be sucked in and be hurt increasingly. Or maybe he makes them Hallucinate...

Ability 4# The Right Card
Drawing the right card is rare, but when the results appear well, damage is done.

Ability 5# The Teleported man.
Pure Teleportation is almost impossible. Only the very smart (and rich) have discovered that through "magic" and science it is possible.

Ability 6# The Prestige

I hope that was what you meant?
Please comment though, I need suggestions.
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Tue 8 Mar - 10:32

what i mean is that a hero should have spells that fit together.

for example you have TC with all its nukes, or the CF with all its abilities to increase its normal firing. or Bio has biological spells ot heal/dismember zombies.

for what i see now is that your hero is a bit of a shooter, with some CC's and teleport.

but Firewall doesnt seem to fit in this. its not like you will go close to zombies/black hole with a intel hero class.

Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Tue 8 Mar - 11:57

But this guy is a magician, he's supposed to do wierd stuff, I couldnt think of anything else that would fit the hero. But you're right on the firewall, I think we could replace with Distortion (The thing which Physician has). Have you seen the Prestige? Cause I think the magicians in that represent this hero, just minus the guns, and shooting. Razz
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4734
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Tue 8 Mar - 13:28

Ok, I have come up with a v2 Magician.
Happydappy wrote:

The magician has means of making zombies dissapear behind smoke and mysteriously making them...vanish.
please clearify: this spell just removes a zombies from the map? it shouldnt be usable on bosses
Happydappy wrote:

Ususally, thr magicians would put the zombies inside boxes and chop them them with swords, but since time is against them, throwing will have to suffice.
good idea
Happydappy wrote:

Ability 3: Firewall
Magicians are able to mysteriously invoke fire beneath their feet to burn there enemies.
wizzitje is right this doesnt fith to the other spells, maybe a meteor shower from the campaign could work?
Happydappy wrote:

Ability 1# Smoke Grenade.
Magicians smoke is able to not only able to confuse their audience but also covering up their tricks.
nice Name, and smokes are alwasys useful to trap zombies in your frag discs/meteor, maybe add a 2nd nade on lvl one such flash or frag
Happydappy wrote:

In tricks, especially card tricks, the magician can seem like he doubles a certain card...
cool story, and nice to see another hero with these skills
Happydappy wrote:

Ability 3# Black Hole.
Magicians pull some kind of force that attracts all types of beings to be sucked in and be hurt increasingly. Or maybe he makes them Hallucinate...
cool combination with frag disc/smokes + other heroes spells
Happydappy wrote:

Ability 4# The Right Card
Drawing the right card is rare, but when the results appear well, damage is done.
what exactly does this ability? single target dmg? aoe dmg? huge/low/random?
Happydappy wrote:

Ability 5# The Teleported man.
Pure Teleportation is almost impossible. Only the very smart (and rich) have discovered that through "magic" and science it is possible.
i suppose this is the mapwide teleport from furion in dota
Happydappy wrote:

Ability 6# The Prestige
looking forward for a nice idea for this
Happydappy wrote:

I hope that was what you meant?
Please comment though, I need suggestions.
i say the way this hero goes is cool, but still needs some small improvedments

*Edit*
- weapon could be either special agents dual pistol, or the mp5 (i dont want more remington heroes)
- armor is unarmored ofc
- theme could be an AoE spellcaster with nice tricks
Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Activity Points : 30826

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Tue 8 Mar - 15:12

Haha. Since I love the movie: "The Prestige", the idea sounds cool for me (but not so much for a zombie survivor).

Rework it a bit (maybe an other name). If you do not do this, I will change names on my own.

Even if it's not original, I can do it. (Most spells already exist).

Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Wed 9 Mar - 3:13

@Andx667
First off thanks for picking up my mistakes.
-For the vanish ability, it should only target zombies. I don't think it should be targetted against other creatures like omicrons or Putrefactions.
-Yeah you're right about the firewall, was in a rush to get that done and couldn'y think of anything. I'm not quite sure what could fit in that spot. Maybe a meteor shower would go well.
-Sure, adding a flash nade would help him.
-Well, for starters, I thought that adding a sharpnel type of ability would work. Like 5% to deal 300 AoE damage. But now, i'm reconsidering changing it to critical strike maybe? 20% chance to deal 200% damage? Maybe less.
-Well, can't say I've played Dota much, but yeah pretty much map wide teleportation but only where you have explored.
-I would say give him an MP5 with 5-7 as Secondary weapon. Or Dual pistols with Desert Eagle.
-Yeah unarmoured.

Sounds good thanks.
@Pach Thanks, one of my favourite movies.
Well for the name problem, I didn't particaulry like the name so I came up with this idea: Prestidigitation.
Pronounced Pres·ti·dig·i·ta·tion.
They are men who are sleight of hand and nimble and are quick to make descisions and actions. So description could be:
Prestidigitations are fast and nimble people who have been trained in the art of Magic and speed. When mortal combat fails, TI falls to "Magic" to turn the tides of battle.
I was also thinking of what rank he should be and I thought that he shouldn't be a major high rank like 800k exp. But the descision is all yours.
Thanks for the advice guys =D
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Thu 10 Mar - 3:21

to be honest, now that i think of it this hero sounds a LOT like a combo between Physicist/Special Agent/Classi operator.

i guess the Xp for such a hero would be between 50-150k

Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Activity Points : 13830
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Thu 10 Mar - 17:45

Is there even room for new heroes?
Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Fri 11 Mar - 14:41

Name: Prestidigitator [PD]/ Escape Artist [EA]/ Performer [PF]/ Virtuoso [VO]/ Ace [AC]
Armor: Kelvar
Sec. Weapon: 5-7
Weapon: MP5
Hero Type: Support?
Attribute: Intellegence
Hero Start Health: 315
Hero Start Mana: 90

The Prestidigitator has means of making zombies dissapear behind smoke and mysteriously making them...vanish.
Cooldown: 90/80/70/60/50/40
Can only target All zombie types, Living dead, Undead.

Ususally, the Prestidigitator would put the zombies inside boxes and chop them them with swords, but since time is against them, throwing will have to suffice.
Cooldown: 120/110/100/90/80/70

Ability 3: Expertise. (Elite Troop 2nd ability.)
Through years or practice, the Prestidigitator have learned to react and reload faster than normal.
Attack rate: 2/4/6/8/10/12
Reload time: 0.30/1.00/1.30/2.00/2.30/3.00
Clips: 5/10/17/20/29/35
Chance to Avoid: 2/4/6/8/10

Ability 1# Smoke Grenade and Flash Grenade.
Prestidigitators smoke is able to not only able to confuse their audience but also covering up their tricks.
Flash: Prestidigitators load their grenades with heated magnesium which upon breaking lets out a super bright light to blinden all enemies nearby.

In tricks, especially card tricks, the Prestidigitator can seem like he doubles a certain card.

Ability 3# Black Hole.
Prestidigitators pull some kind of force that attracts all types of beings to be sucked in and be hurt increasingly. Or maybe he makes them Hallucinate...

Ability 4# The Right Card (Critical Strike/ Call 2 NPC's[controlled or not].)

Ability 5# The Teleported man. (Teleportation)

Ability 6# The Prestige.

Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Fri 11 Mar - 15:30

Happydappy wrote:

Can only target All zombie types, Living dead, Undead.

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

read what you just typed and find out why im so confused Razz

Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23672
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Fri 11 Mar - 17:47

This hero just mimics other hero abilities.

-points for 0 no originality.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22512
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Fri 11 Mar - 18:35

Ok let see... I also saw Prestige and I thought it was soso.. Now the Hero:

Like vv said, 0 originality. Doesn't mean the hero has to be bad. Better copy a good idea then use a bad one. But to be honest:
I wouldn't play this hero. He's like some EasterEgg Character. You know him, you laugh about it for a while, then move on and forget him again.

Spoiler:

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Fri 11 Mar - 23:58

Namorax wrote:
Ok let see... I also saw Prestige and I thought it was soso.. Now the Hero:

Like vv said, 0 originality. Doesn't mean the hero has to be bad. Better copy a good idea then use a bad one. But to be honest:
I wouldn't play this hero. He's like some EasterEgg Character. You know him, you laugh about it for a while, then move on and forget him again.

Spoiler:

Fair enough, get what you mean. But what can I do, you're the admin so I guess what you say is wisdom.
Quote :
wizzitje quote
Ooops only meant the main zombies like Zombie - Man, Zombie, Zombie - Woman.

EDIT: Ooops sorry about that ^. Still dont fully get the whole quote thing.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Sat 12 Mar - 0:22

Its still up to you to decide if you change your hero or no. I'm just posting my thoughts.

You can just as well take a "I don't care, this is my hero suggestion" stance.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Sat 12 Mar - 8:04

Well, tbh, i'm kind of stuck in the middle. I totally agree with some of your new stuff like AoE vanish and activate balisses. But not so sure about the last ability. But love most of the other stuff. Oh by the way thanks for the stats of frag discs and stuff, wasn't sure how it should work.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   Sat 12 Mar - 15:07

Well, now that I think about it, set it to autoexplode after 5s. Zombies tend to go after the attacking units only.
Glad I was able to help.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New hero: Illusionist   

Back to top Go down

New hero: Illusionist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next