Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

IceBat (revamping)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Activity Points : 13830
Awards :

PostSubject: IceBat (revamping)   Thu 17 Feb - 18:21

monkeh wrote:
I don't think the whole Dodge as a skill level 3 should be for icebat. I was thinking maybe an aura that slows enemy units instead or maybe similar to the armor boost aura of FB. Also if we do change it to the armor boost aura then i suggest not having the plus ammo count or damage increase.

Why does the 2nd and third skill he has just increase the damage he has? one is plus 3 the other plus 5... I seriously think the IB needs to be readjusted. His skills as VV said to me "do not compliment one another."

Nova need Damage Improvements 1500 for nova is too small and should be a skill to that would be used to damage bosses (also it would need more CD if it gets more damage for balance purposes).

Blizzard is a extremely weak skill and should be changed into maybe a slowing effect for zombies. Its either that ormaybe a crowd control type skill could be similar to the actual in game blizzard by the mage or maybe it could be like the Castle Fight Northrend Legendary Building type effect (pach and loop should know what im talking about)

Nanite Shield should be Frost Shield (name change) (description change as well)

Also for Book Skill 1 should add nytrogen grenade.

Found the original suggestion:
Namorax wrote:
Since jk asked me to, I've opened a new thread for this hero.

Since Frostbat would appear as a FB on the Multitable, the name is Icebat.

Name: Icebat (IB)
Weapon: [Cryoblaze; Like Flamethrower, only difference are the blue "flames".]
Description: Firebats are called in when something needs to be purged. Freezethrower are called in when the RC wants to put something "on ice" to transport it back to their research facilities. Armed with Liquid Nitrogen, Icebats are there whenever something needs to "cool down".
ATTENTION: If Icebat is accepted, he would need a new attacktype: "Frost/Ice" or "Liquid Nitrogen", since it would look weird if he uses explosion, pierce or unknown as an attack. Liquid Nitrogen could have the same damage-modifiers as the Firebat (Increased damage against structures etc...).[/color]

Skill 1: Cryogrenade [Active; Throws a Grenade that freezes everything in the blast area (200 AoE); Every Levels increases Duration and Damage over time. (Level 1: 3s (+0,5s*Level) and 100dmg (+25*Level))]
The grenade traps everything in the AOE inside a block of ice (also blocks the path of other creeps). Everyone inside the ice takes small damage for every second inside the block. If an ally was hit, the players can attack the block to release him (destroying the block in the process, prevents players from using the grenade to block the path.]
Skill 2: Coldblooded [Passive; Increases Evasion-Chance. ]
Because of their weapon, Icebats are harder to pick up on thermal sensors, which might, or might not, explain why the zombies have problems to find them...
Skill 3: Freezing Ammo [Autocast; Attack slow down the targets.]
Through the use of a technology similar to those the Firebats use, the Icebats can enhance bullets with sub-zero-temperatures to increase their damage.

Name of Book: Ice Mastery
Bookskill 1: Frozen Tomb [Pending; Can be used on fallen soldier. Generates an ice block that stops the countdown for 1 min or until the zombies destroy the ice. To revive the hero, the ice has to be destroyed first.]
Bookskill 2: Glacier [Active; Creates a barricade of Ice; Starts melting, maximum of 4 Ice-barricades]
Bookskill 3: Blizzard [Active; Freezes the Water in the air. Creates large chunks of Ice that fall down, dealing damage.]
Bookskill 4: Cooling Systems [Aura; The Icebat's cooling systems can lower the temperature in his immediate surroundings. This can prevent overheating in technical systems, increasing their energy regeneration (by 10%).]
Bookskill 5: Synthesize [Active; The Icebat synthesizes a tank of nitrogen.]
Bookskill 6: Nova [Active; The Icebat opens the pressurized Nitrogentanks on his back and deepfreezes everything around him in an instant, dealing 1500 damage in 300 AoE. His suit is isolated pretty well, but the same cant be said about his allies...]
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23672
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Thu 17 Feb - 21:42

I'll hop on this train if you promise to not try and make Icebat a tank, and if you aknowledge that he doesn't need a slowing aura because that's what his iceblocks are for.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Thu 17 Feb - 21:45

Fine I wont make him a tank hero i just want to make him more fun! I thought it would be nice to make a high level Tank hero.
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23672
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Thu 17 Feb - 21:51

This is the last time I will post on one of your threads, monkeh:

Are you supposing that the HQ and Goliath (now ridiculously overpowered with fireline) aren't capable of tanking?
The hero doesn't need to tank, and nor should you be relying on a tank in a marine vs zombie game. The ideal play is to keep them at a distance.

Your stupidity overwhelms my ability to think.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Thu 17 Feb - 21:52

I wasnt thinking about the goliath or HQ i was thinking tank hero like HS FB AS etc.

I was thinking for the whole Dodge skill just making it into armor boost and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22512
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Thu 17 Feb - 22:12

Maybe the Icebats abilities should be non-lethal for the Team. Reason? They wear exosuits: They're isolated from their environment so it doesnt matter to them if they're walkingin a blizzard or a fireburst.
I heard that the abilities of the Icebat are very hard to use without killing other players, so maybe we should start with something simple.

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Thu 17 Feb - 22:13

Well that is one problem another problem is he can die extremely easily. he's short ranged and has 0 armor.
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4734
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Thu 17 Feb - 22:40

he has metal armor, find some items and ur fine
Back to top Go down
ArnaudB
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3004
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Thu 17 Feb - 22:41

-Me say, there is no real point in using Icebat at the moment. Compared to firebat he's much less useful, even in term of damage. He also have shorter range, can tk allies and some spells like blizzard are really underpowered. (Nova too has the same problem).

In my opinion he should still be able to tk allies, that way he really differ from firebat but he wouldn't damage himself with any of his spell. Then We would use him for coming close to enemy for brief moments and spawn a few high damaging and slowing spell, then cast a couple of Ice barrier to complete the slow+ block the mobs and get away in this time.

-Blizzard cost 50 mana and deal 500 damage with 2-3 seconds to hit, it can tk allies. It's a very good example of an useless spell, nova is a bit more useful but the damage is really way too low (and it has 30 seconds cd). Those spells should really be buffed up.

-Don't give Icebat self heal nor any form of hp regen is the actual situation and is probably good. Once he get nanites shield and his improved energy regen he can become quite useful... if his spells were actually decent.

-I would add some kind of bonus to the synthetize ability too, like the firebat has when he gets his. Most likely I would support some passive that would make Ice damage (from spell and firebat main attacked) increase with every hit on the same target, that would be great for boss. Make that passive last a few seconds and then the Icebat has to use his spells and the Ice wall quite well while staying close all the while fighting, it would be refreshing change from the firebat who just jump around throwing fireline Smile

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
nqp
Sergeant
Sergeant

Activity Points : 3311
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Fri 18 Feb - 1:16

what the hell youre talking about..
600 range.. pff he is a tank .. he cant get venom fractures or biohazzard
he has mana aura
with 400k headquater bonus he has 10 armor (STANDARD)
with right equipment he is a powerful tank and a higher damagedealer then BS
so stop talking about ib .. its a fine class.. if you dont have a clue how to play that class then dont play it..
keep hanging in your frozen sword penis tank monkeh
Back to top Go down
ArnaudB
Corporal
Corporal

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Fri 18 Feb - 1:24

nqp wrote:
what the hell youre talking about..
600 range.. pff he is a tank .. he cant get venom fractures or biohazzard
he has mana aura
with 400k headquater bonus he has 10 armor (STANDARD)
with right equipment he is a powerful tank and a higher damagedealer then BS
so stop talking about ib .. its a fine class.. if you dont have a clue how to play that class then dont play it..
keep hanging in your frozen sword penis tank monkeh

I didn't think you would be that vulgar, even if it's to monkeh.
And your argument is bad :
your sentence about range is pointless, Icebat is a short ranged class and need to keep is low range to differenciate from firebat who has an upgrade.
No venom/fracture? Only with spellbook lvl 6, same for auras. And since the spell in spellbooks aren't that great, it would be good if we could choose some others things first.
400k bonus? So what? Firebat too get the bonus if you pick him at that rank, your point is 100%... how do I say... stupid. It doesn't make him a tank anymore than FB or CB, thus it isn't a reason that help picking him.
With right equipment a powerful class? So is FB who can solo nexus on nigthmare, also BS could do lot of damage... if he didn't need to watch about tking (ie : never). Seriously though, the damage output of Icebat is lower than FB at least, and surely not much better than FB (only the frosty aoe help, but base damages are still lower.)

And finally please, don't insult players even if they're monkeh, and nothing prevent us from talking about Icebat. Only jk could tell us that and you're not him.

ArnaudB out
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Fri 18 Feb - 3:31

I agree 100% with you arnaud i believe he needs a serious buff in spells and damage. That's the whole reason i brought this suggestion up. What i dislike is the Dodge he has. Why would a person in a suit be able to dodge so well because zombies can't see him well as said in description. Zombies don't have infared so they don't care about that and that's why i was suggesting armor boost because he is short ranged and in need of a serious boost in damage. What i was proposing was Nova level 5 book skill be 5000 and only effects a single unit not aoe with a cd of 60seconds? Blizzard currently does only 500 damage with a aoe of 300 i believe or less and i would update that to 1500 with a splash damage not aoe. I just want to make serious improvements on namorax's hero.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Fri 18 Feb - 5:48

Naw, keep it an AoE ability. Arnauds first suggestion looks very good, and I would say that jk tries the changes he suggested. We can always nerf him afterwards, so no need to tank-rage.

If you really think the dodge is useless, then give hime a "Deep Freeze" or something that freezes a single Creep for some time. Max 5s and cd of 30s should be fine.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
nqp
Sergeant
Sergeant

Activity Points : 3311
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Fri 18 Feb - 10:57

when you get overrunned at last mission
the only thing which count is slow effect/stunlock and damageoutput
and the icebat is perfect to take out sustained compos

also with his 2nd skill you add 30 damage
well
i like to play him

and sry to monkeh shouldnt sound so "personal"
Back to top Go down
ArnaudB
Corporal
Corporal

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Sat 19 Feb - 11:14

It just hit me but... why is Icebat discussion on canteen and not in the suggestion forum?
Back to top Go down
Drigonizer
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3048

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Sat 19 Feb - 15:21

I have no clue man >.<
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Sat 19 Feb - 15:43

Suggestion Thread -> "The Icebat needs an Improvement, and I suggest these..."
Cantine Thread -> "The Icebat needs an Improvement, and I have no Idea. What would you suggest?"

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   Sat 19 Feb - 18:47

Its in canteen cause i wanted to discuss it first before spamming pages of pages on suggestion board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IceBat (revamping)   

Back to top Go down

IceBat (revamping)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1