Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

The Skillbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22490
Awards :

PostSubject: The Skillbox   Sun 6 Feb - 1:15

I want to present the Format of my Hero-Skills here. RC089 will use a slightly different System then RC601: Instead of having 3 Main-Skills and a Spellbook, the players will be able to pick 4 Spellbooks out of a large Collection (At the moment my notes contain about 40 different Spellbooks, but most of them only have 2-3 Skills inside). Of course there'll be some restrictions:

New players can access only 4-6 Premade Heroes, in order to learn the ropes and the gameplay. Once they're experienced, they'll be allowed to pick the skills they want to have. Of course there'll be some restrictions, like Rank, Base-Classes (a Sniper wont have access to Firebat weapons for example) and some mutually exclusive Abilities. You wont be able to learn more then 1 "Weapon Training" Skillbook or a 2nd "Armor Training" Skillbook (you pick light OR normal OR heavy).

Back to topic: I'm starting this post because once again I need your help to fill some empty Spots.
I need Skills you think would be fitting for a Marine/Securityguard/Soldier.
At the moment I completed 3 working Skillbooks: "Weapontraining - SMG", "Armor Training (Normal)" and "Security Force".

What would you suggest for the 4th Skillbook? You can post any ideas for Skills or Skillbooks you have in this thread.
Even if they don't fit with the Marine/Security/Soldier Concept, I take everything I get^^

Thanks to all those who answer!

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23650
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Sun 6 Feb - 2:16

ideas:

combat

force

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
nqp
Sergeant
Sergeant

Activity Points : 3289
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Sun 6 Feb - 10:06

what about teambased damage pushing skills .. like combat stance or "commandaura" for 30 seconds or something
or another sugguestion will be light medicals .. like cure a venom but tripple cd .. so a "real" medic is more important
Back to top Go down
brokn_saint
Sergeant
Sergeant

Activity Points : 3873

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Sun 6 Feb - 10:50

It would be nice to see all healing items taken out so medics are essiental or leave one healing item and then things like fracture, wound, and poisn be only healed by medics
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Sun 6 Feb - 14:59

@vV: Thanks, but thats a little vague... ^^'

@nqp: The Damage-/Armor-Bonus Auras are "Commander-Only". Every Class has a few "Class-Skills" in order to make each one unique:

Spoiler:

@BrokenSaint: Already Done. The players can buy "Med-Packs", which heal a small-medium amount of HP, and maybe I'll include a Vaccine to cure only HP-Damaging Poison. Revive can be done via Medics or through "Revival Kits" (in case the only Medic dies). They can be bought, but are very expensive (cost: 1500-2000 Gold). For your Interest: most items costs between 100-1000 Gold.
You earn around 300-500 Gold by winning Random Side-Quests, depending on the difficulty of the Sidequest and how sucessful you were.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Fri 11 Feb - 1:52

To finish the day, I wanted to ask for help finding a Level 6 ability/Ultimate for the Shotgun (Non-Energy and Non-Gauss Version).

Current Plans for "Weapon Training – Shotgun":

Im open for everything, but I have no clue what could be an apropriate Level 6 Ability. Maybe you have some Ideas. Until then, I'llput this at the end of the "to trigger"-list.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Specialawp
Private

Activity Points : 2514

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Sun 13 Feb - 3:33

For the marine class i think a passive spell called diversity would be good cause marines can operate on land sea and the air so the bonuses could be like increased movement speed faster reload +damage or a %chance to crit hit.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Sun 13 Feb - 4:02

Done. I name it "Drill Training". It will be a mix between "Strength/Electronics/Aility Training". that ok with you?

(And Crit-Chances are in the "Weapon Training" Skillbooks, but thanks anyway^^)

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Specialawp
Private

Activity Points : 2514

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Thu 24 Feb - 7:37

Yeah sounds great(not to sound push) but when do u think first release of map will be im excited Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Thu 24 Feb - 14:05

I dont want to name any release dates. For starters, I dont know if I can work at it whenever I have some freetime, and I can use the time to add afew more interaction possibilities. The newest addition would be this:

"Security Clearance" and "Technical Knowledge"
Spoiler:

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Drigonizer
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3026

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Tue 1 Mar - 5:30

PoisonThrower Spellbook(might need work/understanding touch ups):

Also the Artillery Spellbook Im making will be posted soon
Back to top Go down
Drigonizer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Tue 1 Mar - 5:44

Artillery Command Spellbook:

Something isnt right with this idk what

Last edited by Drigonizer on Tue 1 Mar - 23:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23650
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Tue 1 Mar - 8:24

Looks a little boring to me :S

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Tue 1 Mar - 13:13

I dont understand how "surprise" fits in with "Artillery"?

This sound more like a Roar effect, which I would place in one of the Commander Spellbooks.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Drigonizer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Tue 1 Mar - 23:09

World War 1, Vimmy Ridge:
Taken by the Canadians when they charged directly after an artillery barrage suprising the German defenders(this had never been done before).

Now that my little history lesson is done you understand it?
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Tue 1 Mar - 23:30

Thats more like spawning an Aura-Dummy at the Barrage Point. Not something the Caster should give off. But noted.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Drigonizer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Tue 1 Mar - 23:35

Rework the description/name for something that sounds like it would come from the officer? plus please dont use that shell count system from rc601 it probably takes up a ton of space just use set stats for it than improve
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Wed 2 Mar - 3:04

I think I already mentioned this: Grenades and similar abilities will cost "Ammo" and energy. Maybe I can set the cost for a barrage to 0,5k or 1k ammo additional to the normal energy costs. Of course, since its so powerful it needs long cd. We'll see.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
edin116
Private

Activity Points : 2417

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   Sun 31 Jul - 3:39

I have 3 ideas for skill books (feel free to "nerf" if its OP):
1. "Dream Job"
Description: you've always dreamed of being a marine, so you trained hard in your youth, and guess what?... you got into the marines.
your hard work and training has paid off, you have an advantage over most other marines since you have trained since you were a child.

-level 1: Juggernaut - Description:all your training has paid off by making you have a higher muscle mass compared to most other marines. this muscle makes it harder for slashing and stabbing to reach a vital spot
Effect(s): +50 HP (passive), +30-60 secs added to revive timer (passive)
-level 2: Endurance - Description: you have a high endurance as a result of your training, "endurance is the ability to preform a given action repeatedly" in the context of weight lifting as a result you can now sprint for longer but not faster.
Effect(s): +10 endurance (passive), +15 seconds to sprint duration (passive)
-level 3: Exuberance - Description: your above average strength and endurance [for a marine] allows you to carry more ammunition than the average marine.
Effect(s): +10 to maximum amount of magazines that can be carried (passive)
-level 4: Proficiency - you combined training of before and during boot camp have given you a higher firearm proficiency than the average marine
Effect(s): +10% damage (passive), -20% reload time (passive)

Notes: level 5 and 6 have been left out because i think it would be OP to have more than 4 in this case

2. "Weapon Modifications"
Description: you have an assortment of weapon modifications at your disposal.
-level 1: Extended Magazines - Description: increases Magazine size significantly, but slows you down since your maximum amount of magazines you can carry doesn't.
Effect(s): +5 rounds per clip for Sniper Rifles (passive), - 10 Movement Speed (passive)
Drum Magazines - Description: the normal magazine is replaced with a cylindrical drum magazine which holds up to twice the ammo, but it also slows you down sadly.
Effect(s): +30-50 rounds per clip for Assault Rifles and SMGs (Sub-Machine Guns) (passive), -15 Movement Speed (passive)
Ammo-Box Backpack - description: you have a massive compartment in your backpack that holds huge chains of ammunition that feed directly into your machine-gun, sadly it comes at a cost of move speed and reload time.
Effect(s): +400-600 rounds per magazine (passive), +3 seconds to reload time (passive), and -45 Movement Speed (passive)
-level 2: Silencer - Description: a silencer reduces damage and accuracy of a weapon, but in exchange gives you the option of being stealthy with reduced muzzle flash sound levels (by A LOT) and greatly reduces your "target priority", in other words if there's an NPC next to you shooting the same target and you have the silencer on, the NPC will be the first to be attacked if they have a higher target priority, this is great when you want the tank class to keep all the "aggro".
Effects: -10% damage (passive), lowered target priority (passive)
Add Silencer - description: adds a silencer to your weapon, during which you can't fire the weapon and adds the effects of "silencer" (above)
Effect(s): unable to attack for 20 seconds, grants ability "silencer" (passive)
Remove Silencer - description: removes the silencer that has been placed on the weapon, during which you can't fire the weapon.
Effect(s): unable to attack for 20 seconds, removes ability "silencer" (passive)
-level 3: ACOG Scope - Description: adds an ACOG Scope to a firearm, significantly increasing range, but at the same time slightly reducing accuracy.
Effect(s): + 200-500 range (depends on weapon) (passive), 5% chance to miss (passive)
-level 4: Vertical Grip - Description: a grip that takes some getting used to, increases accuracy significantly.
Effect(s): +5% damage (passive)
Notes: i couldn't think of anything else for level 5 and 6, but if we (the people on forum, development team, and me) were to add more levels to it, it could become OP.

3. Armor Modification - description: your armor has been customized by you, thus enabling a small assortment of accessories.
-level 1: Extra Magazine Compartments - Description: you have a few places that you've added to the front of your vest to carry a few more mags.
Effect(s): +4 magazines that can be carried at 1 time as "wood" (passive)
-level 2: Armor Reinforcement - Description: you have added some materials to strengthen your armor, this has a draw-back of making you slower
Effect(s): +4 armor (passive), -20 Movement Speed (passive)
-level 3: Gas Mask - Description: a Gas Mask that covers your whole face preventing contaminated fluids (bio-hazards) and venom from coming in contact with the nasal cavity, mouth, and eyes all of which if contact occurred it would enter the blood stream almost instantaneously. it has a downside of making you short of breath.
Effect(s): -10% chance of getting bio-hazards or venom aliments (passive), -10 Move Speed (passive). -50 Sight Range
-level 4: Bio-Chem Suit Liner - Description: your armor has a special liner inside the armor that prevents contaminated fluids or chemicals from making contact with the skin, it is hot a sweaty inside the armor so you have to take a short rest to cool down once in a while, or you could just move a little bit slower.... yeah i think slower is better than not moving and getting eaten by zombies, don't you agree?
Effect(s): -50% chance of getting aliments such as bio-hazard and venom (passive), -15 Move Speed (passive)
IMPORTANT NOTE: i don't know if its google chrome or my computer, but the BB code tags wont respond
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Skillbox   

Back to top Go down

The Skillbox
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
jk2pach outpost :: Creation :: Warcraft III Map Making :: RC089 - Another Complex-
Jump to: