Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22491
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sun 27 Feb - 16:23

Do you mean more story related air-strikes or more Abilities that order Airstrikes?

At the moment I have a Spellbook that gives you control over an Orbital Laser (order Laser Strike, create Laser Barrier, Reveal Area) and A Spellbook that gives you control over a Remote Controlled Stealth Bomber (Order Airstrikes, Napalm, Order it to recon an area).

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sun 27 Feb - 20:28

Yeah like more story airstrikes. But let a few high up ranks command like a stealth bomb airstrike.
Back to top Go down
Drigonizer
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3027

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sun 27 Feb - 21:06

Well read that got an idea for a high rank spell gonna have to make a spellbook up for it damn.....

EDIT: oops I got sidetracked and made an Artillery Spellbook Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Drigonizer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 2 Apr - 7:50

Maybe have some skill books be able to use security consoles to activate certain things?

Example:
A skill allows player to use security console to have a bomb dropped on an area.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 2 Apr - 20:18

There'll be something similar to that:

Some Spellbooks increase a playervariable called "Security Clearance" and/or "Computer Knowledge". These Influence the possible interactions of your hero.
The intention is to give players a reason to choose something else besides 4 DPS Spellbooks.

I don't think there'll be Spellbooks that directly influence Terminals. Smile

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
Spartan
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 3206

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 2 Apr - 20:33

OO can u make a special class after me? Grenades, Infantry Pretty much a commander hero Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spartan
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 2 Apr - 20:38

Oh wait namorax if this is another complex wouldnt there be a camera center with security cams everywhere? Just add security cams all over map make trigger where if a player's hero steps on circle they get control of the cameras and can see whole map. ALso he can disable/renable the cams.
Back to top Go down
Drigonizer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sun 3 Apr - 0:21

Ill work on the specifications and spellbooks for the hero though its all up to nam if he wants to implement it
Back to top Go down
killerpope
Private

Activity Points : 2431

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Tue 12 Apr - 9:29

Carpet bombing? Hmmm change able weapons on classes such as having a UZI at the start and ending up with a m16 or something. Holiday easter eggs ( Ha )
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Tue 12 Apr - 14:07

You pick your weapons at the satrt of the game. Then you keep it for the rest of it. No "Dropping the Uzi for a Rocketlauncher".

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Drigonizer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Fri 15 Apr - 5:00

This is probably a stupid idea but maybe have the zombie spawns/mutations based off of variables like

Mutation Level: Higher this is the more harder zombies spawn, Kill building/unit/ward X to lower it.

Virus Concentration Level: Higher this is the more any zombies will spawn, Same as last one.

Skeleton/Cultist Leadership: Higher = more Skeletons/Cultists, Kill a certain "command" hostile to lower it

Thinking about this after typing it maybe it should only be on higher difficulty levels so noobs dont get overrun with '5000 things to do' when starting
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Fri 15 Apr - 16:43

Its very obvious you got the idea from this.

But: If I use something that influences the creeps like Radiation (or whatever) I need to be able to show the players the current level of Radiation (or whatever).

Gold->Shows the amount of Gold you currently own (earned from Paychecks)
Lumber->Shows the total amount of Bullets you currently have (1 Clip/Ammo-Box = 100 Bullets)
Food->Shows the current amount of bullets you have left in your weapon

You see I can't use the Radiation (or whatever) idea because I have no more space to show it, and I want to use Leader/Multiboard as little as possible, because I have to update them every x seconds.

I do not think I will use that idea... so its refused.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23651
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Fri 15 Apr - 23:41

How will EXP be awarded to players?
Like RC601?
Will load systems be the same?

(This involves a question/suggestion towards the wishlist)

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 16 Apr - 2:40

Each mode has one Main-Objective. In StoryMode that would be "Find out what happened and proceed with necessary Countermeasures". Once you fulfill that Main-Objective (aka: You won the map) the game will show you a list of your stats and calculate your "XP gained".

You start with a basic amount depending on the Mode selected. Then your stats will Increase or decrease the total.

Example:

This is the basic idea. You receive XP depending on your perforance. I have more stats that influence the total, but it would take too much time to explain everything (You get +50XP if you never die, +100XP for never being hit, +25 for the most kills etc...). I also want to say that there are not as many ranks in RC089 as in RC601, so it will take you longer to reach the highest rank.

Nothing of this is set on stone, so there might be some changes later on. But it is for certain that your performance and the mode/difficulty selected will influence the total amount you earned the most.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Spartan
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 16 Apr - 4:06

Hey namorax.... will we be able to load our loads in rc089? I want my Major rank in RC601 in RC089. Like put my name in events or other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 16 Apr - 12:37

No you won't.

1) I do not have acsess to jk's Load/Save-Codes, which I'll need if I want to allow the usage of your codes.
2) I do NOT intend to ask jk for them, or even use them if he shares them with me willingly.
3) I do not save the same things as jk's Code. Look at the spoiler, maybe that answers the second part of your question vv (the part I forgot to answer)
4) I posted some Rank Icons I intend to use. I made 16 of them. Thats not as many ranks as jk is using. Another reason you wont be able to use the old codes.

What will be saved:

Btw, what did you want to suggest vv? (Never hurts to know^^)

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Drigonizer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Thu 21 Apr - 22:55

First Sorry about not responding I haven't had enough time to type anything out just look on the forums for whats new

Second You kinda misunderstood me with my "suggestion"

The map I posted a link to does have a radiation level meter but....
It sucks plain and simple map is fine but the radiation stuff sucks
It has Low, Medium & High radiation levels which may seem like a good idea but it only influences the mission spawns
If you fail a mission it jumps a level if you pass a mission it goes down
Simple idea but there is one mission that if you get at high radiation levels you WILL FAIL
One of the 16 random missions is a zombie attack on the hospital
On high radiation levels this mission spawns about 100 zombies
You cant fight this amount till really late in the game so radiation levels become basically a time bomb set to go off randomly
If you get high radiation levels and this mission its pretty much GG right there
(Note this is just so you know about it)

The thing it did good at was using a variable no one saw until a mission started/ended
This is what I was suggesting
Like in programming almost all the variables in the game are NOT shown to the player in a readable form
This is what you can do leave 3 variables that dont get "called" till a certain point and shown as text

Such as:

Timer.Interval = 10000(this is about a minute I think{In VB} though ingame it should be 5 or 10 minutes between checks or the players could use the consoles for it)

Private Class Timer_tick(Large block of stuff I dont really care for) Handles Timer.tick
WriteOnScreen(Mutation, Virus, Leadership)
End Class

If you're thinking the same thing as I am this should work out a lot better than using leaderboards and replacing clips/money/ammo and whatever else you have there
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Thu 21 Apr - 23:42

I understand the basic idea behind your suggestion, but i still think the players should receive at least SOME information about the current state.
Its not really fair if you have no idea why a mission spawns 100 creeps once and the next time only 20.

Maybe I'll do something in that direction or not. At the moment, I'm more concerned about giving players multiple options to finish a mission, and what happens if the current (main-)objective fails, like "Do they receive one last chance to save the game?".
Besides, I've already planned for different "situations" depending on the selected difficulty. If I add an invisible variable to it, it might get too complex for me. I'll see what I can do, but dont get your hopes up^^'.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Wed 11 May - 23:39

Time for some Creep-Creation!

I have a Unit, and I still need one or two ability ideas for it. So far only the model and the basic role is determined. I still need a few ideas for it's abilities. Of course, if you have any ideas what it should do, leave a post!

The Concept of the Unit:

Remember, the basic idea is to have one slow Air Unit thats very, very hard too kill. The players have to be able to ignore it, but not for ever. Please leave behind some of your thoughts about having such a "Dreadnaught" hanging over your heads.
Thank you for your answers and comments about it! Rolling Eyes

Edit: Added some more information. I'm not really happy with the ideas I had so far, and I wanted to know if someone could think of somethink better for it...

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Spartan
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Wed 6 Jul - 7:01

Make the sky barge have the pheonix fire ability but edited so AOE is low so if an enemy gets near somone on the barge will fire at them.

Deathly Barrage|
DMG - 10-24 (the missle model needs changing)
ATTACK SPEED - FAST - VERY FAST|
AOE - 300 - 500
ADDITIONAL AFFECTS : FROST NOVA EFFECT (SLOW ATTACK)

And the unit :

Bombing Zepplins of The Dead.
DMG - 90 - 92 (depends)
Health - 3200
Attack Speed : Fast(green)
Missile - Dead Corpses ( It drops plague baring corpses on the living)
Armor - 3
Back to top Go down
patiodadyo19
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 2620

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Wed 6 Jul - 8:01

My suggestion is to slow the pace of the game down some. The pace of RC601 is too fast for new players to handle and unless they have a experienced player to help them all the time they will loss interest in the game fast. thus making a short lived game No

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Wed 6 Jul - 14:39

Ok, both suggestions are noted.

About the pace of RC089: I was thinking about giving the players a fixed Time-Limit for the whole story mode. That way they can take as long as they want for every mission, and they can even Squeeze in some sidemissions if they got the time. But if they wait for too log they will lose.
Shouldn't that give them enough time to resupply and learn?

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Spartan
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Wed 6 Jul - 18:54

They have unliminited time for missions but as the mission wait time is longer more tougher and stronger zombies start coming. Complete the mission within 10 minutes or else really strong zombies. So the longer the players wait they will encounter stronger enemys.
Back to top Go down
Andx667
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Activity Points : 4713
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Wed 6 Jul - 19:18

Spartan wrote:
They have unliminited time for missions but as the mission wait time is longer more tougher and stronger zombies start coming. Complete the mission within 10 minutes or else really strong zombies. So the longer the players wait they will encounter stronger enemys.

sounds good, but this should be told to the players
Back to top Go down
patiodadyo19
Corporal
Corporal

Activity Points : 2620

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Wed 6 Jul - 23:14

Namorax wrote:
I was thinking about giving the players a fixed Time-Limit for the whole story mode. That way they can take as long as they want for every mission, and they can even Squeeze in some sidemissions if they got the time. But if they wait for too log they will lose.
Shouldn't that give them enough time to resupply and learn?

it should give enough time but then the game could possibly just turn into a survival game without much incentive (besides exp) for doing missions

like previous suggestions for timed missions they would be fine or you could also lose EXP i and zombies become stronger

lastly during mission you could put some hidden items in while during the quest your could unlock. (with codes or actions???) <--- that could be fun just for like extra stuff

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   

Back to top Go down

Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next