Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22490
Awards :

PostSubject: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 4:27

Like the title says, this is a small Suggestion Corner for RC089.

Is there something you would have liked to see in RC601?
Do you have a good idea that would Improve the game itself?
Want to mak a Suggestion but can't, since RC601 is already at its limit of 8MB?

Just post it here! Doesnt matter if its a hero, quest, project, item, vehicle or Ability. Post whateveryou want!!
You can also post what you would like to see in the "next" map (since TDA is officially "on ice" I think i can dare considering this as RC1.5 Wink), or what you would add to it if you could.

PS: You're also allowed to discuss the ideas posted in this thread. Once a week I'll summarize all the ideas in the first post with a spoiler tag so you can see whats suggested without havig to read everything.

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 23650
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 4:41

marines being able to garrison bunkers

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

Once bitten, twice.....zombie
The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 4:48

I'll do the start for now: Typed too long, now vv was faster^^
What do you mean, garrison Bunkers?
Do you mean the Players should be able to enter them like a transporter/Orc Burrow?
Or that the Players get an Armor/Damage Bonus if they stand in a certain area?

-Different Ammosystem: Instead of [Gold=Bullets, Wood=Clips] I want to make it [Gold=Money, Wood=Bullets, Food= Remaining bullets]
this allows me to create stores on the map where the players can get base items like Med-kits, Flares, Grenades and Ammo.
I also plan to allow the players (after fulfilling a sidemission) to buy vehicles for a lot of money. The stronger the vehicle the higjer the price

-Different Vehicle System:
Mechanical Units are seperated in two groups: Drones/Droids and vehicles. Everyone can drive every vehicle, but they consume Energy whenever they shoot or move.
Droids/Drones need to be activated with an ability and the number a player can control at once is limited. Droids/Drones consume Mana per second.
Both vehicles and Drones become useless without Energy.

-Sidequests are now independent from Class:
Now every player can do every Sidequest. They need to power up a terminal (consumes Mana) and then they can select multiple options (Like Activate powerplant, Self-Destruction, Plunder etc). Some actions allow the players to summon a certain project they can fight.
The Idea behind Terminals is to give Players a Choice: Help the team, backstab them or use it to gain a personal advantage. Example: I plan a mode where players fight each other, so there's always the option to rig a terminal and order it to kill the next player using it.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 4:51

Marines enter the bunker, they are invuln while inside (and while it stands alive itself).

v------ Bunker with marine inside
-----
[ o/ ] - - - - --- -- --- -- - - \o/ \o/
----- __________________ ^ //_ //
Bullets from marine, who is shooting out of it ^----Zombies running 'cause marine in bunker is owning

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

The rset can be a toatl mses and you can slitl raed it whotiut pleborm. Tihs is bseacue the huamn mnid deos not raed eevry lteter by ilsetf, but the wrod as a wlohe.
-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 5:02

Hmm nice idea. But there's a small problem: I have no bunkers on the Map of RC089^^

PS: Zombies are too stupid to run away^^

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 5:03

Namorax wrote:
Hmm nice idea. But there's a small problem: I have no bunkers on the Map of RC089^^

PS: Zombies are too stupid to run away^^

'Mkay'. I'll continue my wish list.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 5:07

But I have these Assault Force Turrets. The Terminal for it will allow a player to select the targets: Zombs or other Player^^
And they'll be undestroyable. Once they receive enough damage they shut down and the players need to repair them before they can start it up again.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
vV_O
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 5:09

Kewl, I like. May I be a tester? I don't want credit for being one, but I've been looking at your posts about it maybe twice a week and it looks like it'l be fun.

WHO WAN'S THIS DAWG!?

-END TRANSMISSION-
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 5:23

Maybe. I'm currently asembling the Items and do the recipes. Next is finishing the spawn triggers and I try to add some "Modifier Options" so the players can select different options like "No Air", "2x Creeps", "Though Creeps" or "Only XY-Type Creeps". Maybe even "Project Only"

I think I'll need a few weeks, maybe 2 month before I can even enter the Alpha-Phase. Once the Beta is ready, I'll make an announcement on the page. You wont miss it^^

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Activity Points : 30804

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 14:48

Map making was originally made for RC601-TDA and xxxlord who was helping me.
Then, I removed all the threads to the Vault, since I do not work in TDA.

Then again, I used this forum for Nova and NOTDA.
The fact root admins can read it is a courtesy from me. I have nothing to hide to you.

Namo, do you want a dedicated forum for your project?

Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 15:31

Thats up to you. I mean, I'm basing the map on your ideas. If you want to create a dedicated Forum, I think that would be great^^

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 15:35

No problem. I can easily make this for you.

Simple question: public or private?

Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 15:37

Public. I'd like for people to tell me what they'd like to have ingame.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
jk2pach
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 15:56

Done. Feel free to ask more subforums if needed.

Corporal

Activity Points : 7786

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 16:15

reduce all model size and distance between doodad/map dimension Smile so you gain the doodad/map ko without reducing the balance in size with units models, zoom a bit Very Happy

Maybe it's not for you but it may helps to overcome the limit of the 8mb.

I like the choice idea on terminal.

Maybe make it like a virus spread on an orbital scientific zoo station

First you find strange animals zombie then some human scientific then huge creature

Different sector of the ship where you can perform different terminal action

Don't know in fact.

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 16:23

I'll think about different possible actions for the terminals. The main reason I introduced them was to allow players to cause a specific Project to spawn after they fulfilled specific conditions.

Notes to myself:
Trigger Performance Rating Screen at the End of the Game:
-Number of Deaths/TKs
-Number of killed Projects
-Number of killed Creeps
-Number of fulfilled sidequests
-Overall Performance on Main Objective
-Bullets Shot/Missed/Carried
-Money Spent/earned
-Amount of Games with Current Customization
-Maybe show Scorepoints?

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36334
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 19:38

suggest taking a look at the dota score screen, there are unprotected legal versions with AI added, you could check the codes for it there.

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 20:15

wizzitje wrote:
suggest taking a look at the dota score screen, there are unprotected legal versions with AI added, you could check the codes for it there.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/dota-end-game-multiboard-v1-02-gui-184812/?prev=search%3Dstats%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 bounce

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36334
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sat 22 Jan - 20:45

PS turn on your skype if you want that spell file.

Back to top Go down
Brickwall
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2634

PostSubject: Streamline the hotkeys   Mon 31 Jan - 15:34

Making a good GUI from the start would be nice.

The secondary key area is actually superfluous.
Spoiler:

And all ability hotkeys should be based on placement as much as possible. The picture below shows the main placements. If you go into a sub menu, they would be sub-placements but numbered the same way.

Spoiler:

So in the case of restricted complex the submenus are placed on 6 and 12 with hotkeys {Z} and {Q} so that is what I will use in below example. So main placement 9, 10 and 11 should always have the same hotkeys regardless of class. Keys {W}, {E} and {R} is a good choice.
Spoiler:

Then you go by the same logic for the submenus.

So when you play a new class it is enough to glance at the ability page and you will see the placements. Lets say you see a fire icon on sub placement(Q menu) 10 then you will know you have to hit {Q}, {E} to use it, without reading having to read the description.

Something that is not important but nice would be adding auto close submenu (like on ua2 2.0 or stand up on rc) to all submenu abilities and setting it to OFF on default. To turn on the auto close feature you use a text command like { -autoclose on }. So after you have used a submenu ability, while { -autoclose on}, it goes back to main menu automatically without you having to press {esc} key or clicking on close button.

(the hide/spoiler tag does not seem to be working)

Last edited by Brickwall on Mon 31 Jan - 22:16; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spoiler tags)
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Mon 31 Jan - 18:13

I try to do that, but you have to remember that somewthing like this is not always possible:

In my Case its because of the Customizations process:
I Spawn 4-5 Dummys, the players select 4 Spellbooks and then the Spellbooks are added per trigger.
I cant predict where the abilities will end up, and I will NOT create 4 differently hotkeyed copies of every spellbook. I'm too lazy/busy.

And in Jk's case its because an ability can be used for multiple heroes. If you change the hotkey for one hero, you change the hotkey for every hero that uses the same ability. And we end up with some conflicting hotkeys again^^

PS: and the spoiler-tags are [#spoiler#] [/#spoiler#), just remove the #

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Specialawp
Private

Activity Points : 2514

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Thu 24 Feb - 7:47

Two words "Special Awp"
The ultimate sniper class with the ability to laser designate target
Then a spell that checks if the target is designated and if it is call in an airstrike on the target
A spell that would switch to the snipers secondary gun maybe like an mp5 M4 or ak47
Also the ability to setup security cameras at certain parts of the map(Possibly a sidemission)
Maybe an ability to summon a scout(a mini that would accompany the sniper with a long range gun but with faster fire rate like an m14) the mini would be able to designate targets at a faster rate and also to throw frag grenades and flash grenades)

PS: If you decide to add a class like this i know u wont name it Special Awp that would be amazing if you did though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Thu 24 Feb - 14:05

Thanks for the hint^^

But as I already mentioned (was it here or somewhere else?), there will be no "classes" themselves:

You get 6 Base Classes, and after you gained some ranks you can create custom Heroes. Since I cant (meaning: "don't want to") create 100+ Dummy units with 100+ different class-names, I decided to name all the Custom heroes "Special Operative". I'm currently trying to create a Save/Load system where the playername is saved as a Variable in the beginning, so you can use a "-name" command.

I can use your skill ideas, but summoning and switching weapons will be prohibited:
-No summons because I want the players to use what they can find, or go to the Shops/Vehicle Station to "buy" their replacements
-No weapon switching, because you have a lot of weapons to choose from when you create a new hero. I have 17 weapon models, and you can assume there will be some weapons that use the same model, so there'll be at least 17+ weapons.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Specialawp
Private

Activity Points : 2514

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Fri 25 Feb - 6:22

I understand what your saying Sorry i diddnt notice ur not doing classes
the weapon models and no minis sounds great it will be a nice change from RC601
Good luck with this project
Back to top Go down
Happydappy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Activity Points : 2792

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   Sun 27 Feb - 11:51

The thing that I wanted in RC601 was more air control or air strikes. Like making a quest in which you have to hold a position until you kill a certain amount of zombies then you gotta get out of there fast because of like 3 airstrikes. It would be cool. But not essential.
Good luck with the map. I'd host once it is done. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist   

Back to top Go down

Alternative Map RC089 - Suggestion Box/Wishlist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next