Kanashimi
loop.exe
LordSkyy
msolz
TheCrownClown
wizzitje
==
Help us to open new bots!
Click this link to check the advantages donators have.

Share | 

Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Activity Points : 13809
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Fri 10 Dec - 2:36

Namorax wrote:
Hes the soldier at the right side of the pic^^

And the yellowish/greenish thing in front of his face is the breath i mentioned. Whenever the ghost "breathes out" it appears. Its just ugly and I cant tinker with other peoples models...

still only see 5/6 lol you should double check the photo nam
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Activity Points : 22491
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Fri 10 Dec - 2:40

Monkeh... please...

Do NOT f*** around, ok? Not today. (And any other day.)
It was really shitty, and I dont want an ape throwing his typed poo at me. Go to warlock.
I bet he's happy about some poo spam.

Terraria

Currently Doing:
Doing an Actionscript3 Textgame (Flash)

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Fri 10 Dec - 2:52

Namorax wrote:
Monkeh... please...

Do NOT f*** around, ok? Not today. (And any other day.)
It was really shitty, and I dont want an ape throwing his typed poo at me. Go to warlock.
I bet he's happy about some poo spam.

dude all im saying is that Green is not showing... that's all bro. if you don't believe me check the photo for yourself... Im not insulting you or anything all i am saying is that Green (ghost sniper) is not showing it goes up to yellow.
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Fri 10 Dec - 3:01

Monkey...

No. I know better then to feed the Trolls.
[!ignore Monkeh]

Save the crap for something else. Please. This time I'll try to be civilised. I already mentioned I had a really shitty day, and these kind of posts are not what i want to see. Be serious or be somewhere else. Otherwise I'll consider the last few posts as spam and delete them. G'night.

Mapsize: 2,61MB
Already Done:
-Imported all vehicles (tanks, planes)
-Finished Airport (added Planes and Containers)
-Finished Powerstation (added Powerlines and buildings)
Currently doing:
-RC Outposts (adding Details to Security Posts)
-RC Entrance (Added Mysterious Obelisks)
To Do:
-Import Find City Buildings
-Place Powerlines from Powerstation to every large location
-Correct the Road/Street
-Finish Security Posts
-Start building the City
Looking for:
-Models for City Buildings
-Skins for the Marines

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Still doing the above... But the last time I checked this site was gone... what happened?
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Fri 10 Dec - 3:07

all i am saying is to post the picture cause i would like to see the skins you've come up with Smile so far the map looks nice. ive done nothing but compliment your work namorax so please don't start being so passive aggressive because you're having a shitty day. All i said was that something was missing in the photo no need to take it perosnally.
Back to top Go down
Placek
Sergeant
Sergeant

Activity Points : 9277

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Fri 10 Dec - 11:07

MONKEEEEH - right click on the picture - show picture, thats all
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Sat 11 Dec - 3:59

Thanks placek
Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Activity Points : 36335
Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Sat 11 Dec - 20:42

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Sat 11 Dec - 21:35

Thanks, but except the sandbags (which I already got from jks open source) i cant use them for what I have in mind.
The pill box doesnt fit and the barbed wire doesnt really fit into a corporate town.

If you can find some buildings that would help me a lot. I checked jks credits, but the buildings I asked him about arent on that list. And i checked the list a few times.^^ As of now I can use the pinkish colored townhouse and 2 grey buildings. kinda poor for a small town ^^'

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Sat 11 Dec - 21:44

What kind of enviornment are you building? are you trying to build a big mega city or something of that sort.
Back to top Go down
Placek
Sergeant
Sergeant

Activity Points : 9277

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Sat 11 Dec - 22:30

I think it will be a secret cage for monkehs
Back to top Go down
monkeh
Colonel
Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Sat 11 Dec - 22:50

Placek wrote:
I think it will be a secret cage for monkehs

lol a zoo! yay! :-p me and my people shall be FREEE! :-p it'll be planet of the monkeys
Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Sat 11 Dec - 22:53

Its similar to the current terrain. If you watch the terrain once its finished, you'll be able to see lots of similarities (same bases, same scenario) but at the same time you're supposed to discover more things (like the new security-points, the "extras" at RC Entrance and External outpost and the little surprises hidden in the terrain).

Up until now I've only modded RPG terrains, where you dont use cliffs and instead work preferably with textures, terrain height and pathblockers to create mountain landscapes.
I try to transfer many of these "tricks" to the new map, but I won't use pathblockers (for these kind of maps you need like 500-2000 pathblockers depending on the size and terrain).

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Sun 12 Dec - 0:41

Would be nice to make it a Desert base, bit like the ''secret'' Area-52 base, (or like the base in GTA SF. making it a bit more realistic then near any big town imo. scratch

maybe you can make a map in 2 different parts, like a desert part. while in the middle there is a slow transfer from desert > small vegetation > bushes and shiz (desert might be a reaction of chemical tests for example).

in case your looking for some guides to change your own models, or any1 reading this wants to make some models for Namo, few links Idea

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/magos.php
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=32950
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/modelmaterial.php.

ow and i got 1 more Idea , i could put my bot up with the Game Name: Looking for Custom army/building skins. Plz send Responces to (your link for wherever you want it). let me hear from ya once you made some dicissions.

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Sun 12 Dec - 2:10

Thanks for the support. I dont really need self-modelling, and even if I do some it will be more like copy-paste results. I'm currently sitting there and try to mutilate parts of jks marines into a commander-version (like a Dr.Frank... a bit forom this a bit from that:twisted:)
Except that... I still need a model for Demolition. Or a terminator-like marine-thingy that fits^^

And about the terrain: it DOES make sense in a certain way.
Spoiler:

As you can see, it makes sense more or less. If they hide all that underground in the RC. How do you feed the researchers and the guards? A nearby town solves many problems and its a cover.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Sun 12 Dec - 3:48

BUMP!

Ok, this is my first try to model anything for Wc3. The Marine is supposed to become the CommanderMarine. And it seems I need some profesional help. Crying or Very sad

And this is what he looks like:

But it looks like I did something wrong, because the Decay Animation looks like this:
Spoiler:

It took me a few hours of trial and error to come this far. The World Editor only shows the basemodel (the marine without head and modified Shoulderarmor).
If anyone wants to take a look at it and can tell me what I did wrong, it would be very helpful. Thanks. (Filesize 74kb)

mediafire.com ?vglapu6fr6bweac

(Originally I planned to remove the shoulderarmor completely but until the worst errors are fixed, I've paused these plans.)

PS: I'll drop this in a folder and move it deeeeep inside my labyrinth of WC3 Models, so I dont have to look at it for a few days^^
Its very frustrating if you follow a tutorial and it doesnt bring the results you wished for.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Tue 14 Dec - 2:34

Update:

I've got quite a few pics this time. And I managed to continue some other stuff I wanted to try. First, I want to tell you that I'll call this "RC 089".
I told my pc to pick a random number between 1 and 999. That's just to make it easier to differentiate between jks and my RC. And there'll be some differences.
Now the Pics: The first one is the Entrance of RC089. Its a little larger, and I placed a few Guards around it (for show) and a Radar Tower nearby.

The Restricted Complex 089, Alpha-Version:

The Pyramids are strange objects found by ThanaCorp, and they're the main reason they build the RC here. I placed a stronger focus on defense, so the entrance got a trench (with fences and barbed wire) and the entrance is only reachable if you use the front or come down from the mountains.

The other two pictures are close ups of the RC, one is a closer view of the entrance and the other shows one of the pyramids.
On the picture of the Entrance there's something missing, namely the sliding gate in front of the "bridge". I haven't imported it properly when I made the Screenshot, but now there's one. The Red Units you see on every screenshot are "Heavy Cyborgs". The RC089 uses them as guards around the RC. The Villagers and the Blue Guy are workers who're about to enter the RC. Sadly the "Gate" is static, so it doesnt have an "opne" animation. The Grey Cyborgs are "Light Cyborgs", where the RC089 focused on Speed instead of Firepower.

RC Entrance, Close up:

Worker and Commander near a Pyramid, guarded by a Cyber-Squad:

Last but not least, my complete Unit List. Basically its the same as the first one, but now I reskinned jk Cyborg and the Engineer (after I un-mutilated the left arm of both, which took me most of the day^^, hope you dont mind jk).

The complete Securityforce of the RC089:

Close Up of the Commander and the Technican:

Current Mapsize: 3,34MB
Already Done:
-Finished Alpha of RC Entrance
-Got the whole Security Force together
-Finally found nice buildings for the town
Currently doing:
-RC Outposts (adding Details to Security Posts)
-Continue Building the City
-Finish placing the Powerlines
To Do:
-Finish Alpha of the External Outpost
-Start Placing rocks in the Woods
-Start thinking about Layout for Barracks and Motor Pool
-Delete the unnecessary stuff out of the RC Folder...
Looking for:
-Alternative Marine-Skins

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Wed 15 Dec - 2:00

i like the idea of the ''guards'' around the RC complex, maybe its better if the ''town'' is near the RC601 or smting so that the ''noobs'' can go to the guards for extra help

Or maybe have the starter mission near the RC601, like ''check the entrance and suddenly zombs jump out to bash your brain in and eat your guts (like the 1 intro vid from the current RC601)

Maybe if the Avarage XP is -5k or so, extra defense will spawn near town to ''help'' the new people. just a few extra NPC's to help em. (at least some extra Bio's cuz new people like to ''tank'' a lot.

just to give the ''noobs'' some time to learn there spells and know teh game

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Wed 15 Dec - 4:42

At the moment this is a showcase map. I take the scenario of the RC and Thanatos Industries and create my personal spin of it.

The Guards are not supposed to be ingame, they're just for show. If I ever make this map playable (and thats a very big If) they'll be removed.
I've only placed them there because I have a certain scenario in mind, and my showcase map is supposed to "capture" a moment in that scenario.
Or to say it in other words: I imagine "What would the world (aka: the map) look like 15mins before Dr.Frank started his plans for World Domination when nobody had any idea that they would be zombiefied in 15mins?"

I like to work with a set goal in mind, because that way its easier for me and I can think of a lot of little detail to add, which make the map even better.
I've thought up an alternative RC, gave it its own properties (I think it would be boring if ts just a copy of RC601) and create a more or less complete Story for my showcase-map. So far the Background story of RC-089 looks like this:
(I know that the Background Story is detailed enough to be used for its own map... thats just me, I tend to overdo small things sometimes)
And the showcase-map is supposed to happen at T=-24H Wink

Loadscreen:
Spoiler:

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Wed 15 Dec - 19:31

Namorax wrote:
At the moment this is a showcase map. I take the scenario of the RC and Thanatos Industries and create my personal spin of it.

The Guards are not supposed to be ingame, they're just for show. If I ever make this map playable (and thats a very big If) they'll be removed.
I've only placed them there because I have a certain scenario in mind, and my showcase map is supposed to "capture" a moment in that scenario.
Or to say it in other words: I imagine "What would the world (aka: the map) look like 15mins before Dr.Frank started his plans for World Domination when nobody had any idea that they would be zombiefied in 15mins?"

I like to work with a set goal in mind, because that way its easier for me and I can think of a lot of little detail to add, which make the map even better.
I've thought up an alternative RC, gave it its own properties (I think it would be boring if ts just a copy of RC601) and create a more or less complete Story for my showcase-map. So far the Background story of RC-089 looks like this:
(I know that the Background Story is detailed enough to be used for its own map... thats just me, I tend to overdo small things sometimes)
And the showcase-map is supposed to happen at T=-24H Wink

Loadscreen:
Spoiler:

imo you should keep the guards, its nice to have a few guards around to help the new people in the early stages of the game, its not like 2-3 guards will survive longer then 5-10 mins be4 they get overrun or get a evolved/sustained mob on them.

edit: you said be4 that the City/Town nearby were made for supplies so a few NPC civs around town/city would make it more realistic. like in RC601 you got a town-civs mission. but what about the city? how come the small Town survives on start while the whole City with its police officers and people with there own guns do not :<?

perhaps make a mission where you have to get the survivors out of the ''buildings'' in the city

scratch

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Wed 15 Dec - 20:25

Then it should be more like DotD:

The players spawn together with a group of scripted NPCs. They move slowly from one point to the next, shoot zombies and show the players how to solve the basic quests.
And on higher difficulties the NPCs dont spawn and the players get only messages.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Wed 15 Dec - 20:44

Namorax wrote:
Then it should be more like DotD:

The players spawn together with a group of scripted NPCs. They move slowly from one point to the next, shoot zombies and show the players how to solve the basic quests.
And on higher difficulties the NPCs dont spawn and the players get only messages.

nah dont do the moving part, just have some ''police officers'' in town which help a little bit, not that they can solo the first mission but just as support.... 1-3 officers would do, or just make 1 Sheriff
(bit like Ua2 besides that you dont start in a town with Ua2. and they got like 10 officers per town rofl)

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Thu 16 Dec - 20:23

Finally got some freetime again... (but now I broke a leg... fate or karma?)

Whatever... just wanted to mention it. About the Guards in town: I dont have a model for them.
Soldiers in Exo-Armor are Overkill as Policemen.

I have an alternative Marine Model, but I planned to use that for something else.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
wizzitje
Captain
Captain

Awards :

x5

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Thu 16 Dec - 20:25

Namorax wrote:
Finally got some freetime again... (but now I broke a leg... fate or karma?)

Whatever... just wanted to mention it. About the Guards in town: I dont have a model for them.
Soldiers in Exo-Armor are Overkill as Policemen.

I have an alternative Marine Model, but I planned to use that for something else.

perhaps the modified Rifleman in the game called Elimination Tournament.

Back to top Go down
Namorax
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   Thu 16 Dec - 20:39

We'll see. For now I have to place buildings and all. Also started placeing some villages (3 of them)

Edit: You dont have a link by any chance? Because I only have 2 mediocre skins in reserve.

Terraria

Currently Doing:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary   

Back to top Go down

Alternative Map RC089 - Developer Diary
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next